Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

OT - Tiger Woods hospitalized following car accident

I imagine it’ll be a year before we see him back on the links if ever. I wouldn’t bet against him. If he’s addicted to pain meds I sure hope he takes the time to kick that habit. 

Whenever you look at famous and wealthy people you think they have it made, but they have a lot of the same and sometimes worse problems the rest of us do. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

I imagine it’ll be a year before we see him back on the links if ever. I wouldn’t bet against him. If he’s addicted to pain meds I sure hope he takes the time to kick that habit. 

This situation will obviously make that worse.  He actually has a legit need to take some strong pain meds in the short term. BUT that can easily reagitated previous addiction or start new addition.  

6 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

The handful of people I personally know who have had multiple spinal surgeries, are hooked on pain meds.  I'm wondering if Tiger is too.   It's not really his fault if he is, but if he's on meds, he shouldn't be driving.   

imo, he shouldn't be driving at all

It was mentioned on ESPN and earlier in this thread that legendary golfer Ben Hogan was in a car wreck and seriously injured. Well he recovered and went back on tour and won the British Open. So I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Woods back on tour again. 

https://nypost.com/2021/02/23/tiger-woods-car-accident-eerily-similar-to-ben-hogans-violent-wreck/

16 hours ago, sjsbuff said:

Agree. We’ll know soon enough, but even in him taking a “normal” dose of pain meds I can see him (possibly) just falling asleep at the wheel. Or maybe swerving to avoid a deer, etc.  Whatever the case, you just gotta hope he comes out of this latest incident  okay...

I grew up near there & my sister lives less than a mile form there now.

No deer for miles.  Coyotes, peacocks, raccoons, bobcats, & lots of horse trails.

4 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

I grew up near there & my sister lives less than a mile form there now.

No deer for miles.  Coyotes, peacocks, raccoons, bobcats, & lots of horse trails.

He may simply have been driving too fast. Or maybe the combo of that with being drowsy from a “normal” dose of his meds (back surgery) was the culprit. I imagine we’ll find out soon enough. There’s just too much interest in him to not have this come out. He’s very lucky to be alive. At this point in his life, and when the time is right, he should be mature enough to admit what happened...

If you want to learn about the possible effects of the medical issues for Tiger as they related to playing golf, I suggest you take a look at this Twitter thread. The author is a former PGA Professional who went on to become a top orthopedic surgeon an d one of the best in the world when it comes to golf injuries. (He also happens to be one of my best friends from college days).

47 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

If you want to learn about the possible effects of the medical issues for Tiger as they related to playing golf, I suggest you take a look at this Twitter thread.

The Nike documentary on Tiger's rehab is going to be better than the Alex Smith one.

He will recover, to what degree who knows. If he plays competitive golf again that will be a bonus. He’s damn lucky to be alive to watch his kids grow up. And they’re lucky to still have a father. This accident could have easily been another Kobe Bryant outcome. 

8 minutes ago, bnastyaztecs said:

Sheriff: Tiger Woods crash 'purely an accident,' no criminal charges will be filed

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sheriff-tiger-woods-crash-ruled-purely-an-accident-no-charges-will-be-filed-210655734.html

Good to hear.  This wasn't the only placed that already had him labeled as driving under the influence with a load of drugs in his system.  Sucks to be a public figure.

On 2/24/2021 at 8:35 AM, sjsbuff said:

He may simply have been driving too fast. Or maybe the combo of that with being drowsy from a “normal” dose of his meds (back surgery) was the culprit. I imagine we’ll find out soon enough. There’s just too much interest in him to not have this come out. He’s very lucky to be alive. At this point in his life, and when the time is right,

No skid marks.  I'm staring to buy into your "drowsy"/Tiger fell asleep behind the wheel theory.

On 2/24/2021 at 6:27 PM, Headbutt said:

Good to hear.  This wasn't the only placed that already had him labeled as driving under the influence with a load of drugs in his system.  Sucks to be a public figure.

Still should’ve had a blood test, I’m not buying the whole “it’s tough to get a warrant” bullshit. 

I believe he went across a median and hit a curb and there were no skid marks, if you’re doped up on pain meds hitting a tree and flipping 3 times would likely wake you up.