Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

OT - Tiger Woods hospitalized following car accident

Just now, sjsbuff said:

Yeah, if he did that again, well, it’s open season on him. Probably an addict that needs help...

Not to mention his first DUI should have been the night he ran into a fire hydrant, when supposedly his wife at the time was chasing him with a golf club.

That I would bet was also a mixture of sleeping pills and pain meds.

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Hate to assume, but with a bad back, sometimes pain pills is seemingly the only thing to be functional.  Might be time to hire a driver if this is the case.  

I'm honestly surprised that he doesn't use some sort of driver service.

1 minute ago, sjsbuff said:

Most recent ESPN article indicates that, “Based on video footage and photos, it appears that Woods hit a curb and took out a rolling hills sign. Luggage could be seen out of the vehicle.”

I wonder if his injuries are so bad that they won't even bother testing, sounds like he went straight into surgery.

Had a friend who was hammered drunk on a scooter and got hit by a sober driver that blew a stop sign, his injuries were so critical that they never tested.  Lucky for him as it may have been more difficult to get the insurance company to cover all costs.

20 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Compound fractures in his legs. Ouch!  He's done pro golfing

He’s an amazing athlete who has proven able to recover and find his way back numerous times before, so I’m not altogether sure of that.

That said, in another decade he’ll probably feel like he’s 80. Probably more so if he has some sort of chronic dependency on pain drugs that, ultimately, proves disruptive to the rest of his life. Assuming he has to soon shed himself of that (those), thereby truly limiting his body being able to cope and/or recover from the rigors of the PGA Tour - indeed, even the Senior Tour, well, that will be the final analysis...

1 hour ago, sjsbuff said:

Most recent ESPN article indicates that, “Based on video footage and photos, it appears that Woods hit a curb and took out a rolling hills sign. Luggage could be seen out of the vehicle.”

This makes me even more suspicious that he may have been impaired. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

17 minutes ago, sjsbuff said:

He’s an amazing athlete who has proven able to recover and find his way back numerous times before, so I’m not altogether sure of that.

That said, in another decade he’ll probably feel like he’s 80. Probably more so if he has some sort of chronic dependency on pain drugs that, ultimately, proves disruptive to the rest of his life. Assuming he has to soon shed himself of that (those), thereby truly limiting his body being able to cope and/or recover from the rigors of the PGA Tour - indeed, even the Senior Tour, well, that will be the final analysis...

at age 45 that's just too many serious injuries to critical body parts. With a good back, that's a long-ass rehab just to gain basic functionality. 

I could see him playing in some Senior tours in a few years.

The handful of people I personally know who have had multiple spinal surgeries, are hooked on pain meds.  I'm wondering if Tiger is too.   It's not really his fault if he is, but if he's on meds, he shouldn't be driving.   

Barack Obama

55 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Compound fractures in his legs. Ouch!  He's done pro golfing

I wouldn't bet against the most gifted golfer to ever play. He is the kind of guy that feeds off a challenge.  Perhaps this will be yet another 'wakeup call' causing him to get his priorities straight and perhaps a new focus on competitive golf.

But he has already made all of the money that anyone could spend in multitudes of lifetimes.  I just hope he gets his life straight to be there for his kids.

Hope his blood is clean just for his reputation.   He had overcome the past. 

Sunday during the PGA telecast at his host tournament he was interviewed and it looked like his eyes were red and very tired looking.   I figured pain meds for back surgery which would make total sense.

Doctor on CNN is really good. Describing why and what Tiger probably went through at the trauma center. Bottom line is that he said that their thought process would have been that they thought his injuries were serious enough that they needed to get him into surgery immediately. With compound fractures, the risk of lasting vascular or nerve damage to his legs would’ve been very real, hence, the surgery would have been done so as to try and prevent that from occurring...

40 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Say sorry you assholes.

I'm happy to hear that.  It sounds like he was just driving too fast. 

With his history, and hearing reports that he hit the curb, you had to wonder if this was a repeat performance. 

Barack Obama