Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

OT - Tiger Woods hospitalized following car accident

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

His representatives have said that he's currently in surgery for one or more leg injuries. 

Let’s hope this is a Ben Hogan type of situation and that he’s able to recover. Hogan fractured his collarbone, pelvis, ankle and rib in his “infamous” accident with being hit head on by a Greyhound bus back in the Texas fog on an icy road back in 1949...

7 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

So far, no indication he was impaired.  Although I am wondering if he had taken some pain meds for his back.  Either way, I hope he makes a full recovery. 

Yeah, he recently had a 5th back surgery. Stated he was trying to get back for the 2021 Masters, which was certainly questionable, but that was nonetheless his stated goal.  

Clearly, that’s now out of the question, but you just wish for his return to health - both for hims sake and as a father of young kids. They have to be really scared right now, which is a terrible thing for any child to have to endure... 

9 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

So far, no indication he was impaired.  Although I am wondering if he had taken some pain meds for his back.  Either way, I hope he makes a full recovery. 

Every single time that Woods has been in a "single car accident," it hasn't turned out well.

2 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Every single time that Woods has been in a "single car accident," it hasn't turned out well.

Agree. We’ll know soon enough, but even in him taking a “normal” dose of pain meds I can see him (possibly) just falling asleep at the wheel. Or maybe swerving to avoid a deer, etc.  Whatever the case, you just gotta hope he comes out of this latest incident  okay...

2 minutes ago, sjsbuff said:

Agree. We’ll know soon enough, but even in a @notmsl@ dose of pain meds I can see him (possibly) just falling asleep at the wheel. 

That would still be classified as driving while impaired, or what ever California chooses to call it.

3 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

That would still be classified as driving while impaired, or what ever California chooses to call it.

Yeah, I do understand that. However, given that virtually everyone in a similar case (post surgery) would probably do same (not think twice about driving after taking what is considered a “normal” dosage of pain meds), I wouldn’t think he’d be universally condemned for that particular action. But that’s just speculation...

1 minute ago, sjsbuff said:

Yeah, I do understand that. However, given that virtually everyone in a similar case (post surgery) would probably do same (not think twice about driving after taking what is considered a “normal” dosage of pain meds), I wouldn’t think he’d be universally condemned for that particular action. But that’s just speculation...

His 2017 DUI was a mix of pain meds, sleeping pills and weed.

So, yes - he should be roasted if that be the case.

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

He was interviewed during the Riviera golf tournament and I thought he looked drunk. Eyes looked weird, etc. although he sounded ok. 

Yes. Even when Nantz was saying goodbye (ending the interview) with some flattery, Tiger really didn’t acknowledge him.  He definitely did seem “out of it”...

Just now, tailingpermit said:

His 2017 DUI was a mix of pain meds, sleeping pills and weed.

So, yes - he should be roasted if that be the case.

Yeah, if he did that again, well, it’s open season on him. Probably an addict that needs help...