Jump to content
Nevada Convert

Interesting Trivia Related to your Life

Recommended Posts

I knew the son (since passed on) of the tax collector who jailed Ghandi. When he was 10 or 11 he watched hid dad b¡tch slap Ghandi. That's kinda cool. :shrug:

Bonus points: He knew the famous Indian bandit/brigand Veerappan and they would often encounter each other in the jungle forests of Mudumalai in Tamil Nadu with their respective... parties. But what was so impressive wasn't so much that he knew Veerappan, but that Veerapan knew him.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I guess I can put out one thing;

Gary Faulkner. Guy that went to Pakistan to personally hunt down Osama Bin Laden, was later kicked out by the country, had kidney issues, and even had a Nick Cage film about this created. And I know the guy personally, and he would put most of the conspiracy believers on here to shame with his beliefs. He moved to Laramie after this interview and, with his girlfriend, moved into the same apartment complex that my mom lived in at the time.

Now, conspiracy theories aside, he's not a bad guy (and has since got at least one successful kidney transplant) and helped out a lot when my mom needed it.

  • Cheers 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I knew the son (since passed on) of the tax collector who jailed Ghandi. When he was 10 or 11 he watched hid dad b¡tch slap Ghandi. That's kinda cool. :shrug:

Bonus points: He knew the famous Indian bandit/brigand Veerappan and they would often encounter each other in the jungle forests of Mudumalai in Tamil Nadu with their respective... parties. But what was so impressive wasn't so much that he knew Veerappan, but that Veerapan knew him.

India is such a huge, hugely amazing place that I never know how to even start learning about it. An elephant poaching bandit is as good a place as any, I guess.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

India is such a huge, hugely amazing place that I never know how to even start learning about it. An elephant poaching bandit is as good a place as any, I guess.

Without a doubt, India is a fascinating, amazing country. The cool thing is you don’t have to travel all the way there to experience it ... just go to a Dunks in Delaware:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

India is such a huge, hugely amazing place that I never know how to even start learning about it. An elephant poaching bandit is as good a place as any, I guess.

We were there exactly a year ago for the first time right when Covid started. Such an amazing, diverse country and amazing people. We were only able to see the south (wedding in Chennai and then Kerala coast), but there is so much more to see. We're definitely going to be going back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

James Wiley was my lifeguard and played with me and said "you're so cute I'd love to take you home and have you be my little brother"  

Not the most famous person but some of the Wyoming posters should recognize the name. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, happycamper said:

James Wiley was my lifeguard and played with me and said "you're so cute I'd love to take you home and have you be my little brother"  

Not the most famous person but some of the Wyoming posters should recognize the name. 

screaming homer simpson GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, renoskier said:

are you 20 something?

44. 

Stayed home for college. Mom and younger siblings moved out to Colorado and I just continued to make the house payment, which was a whopping $212. Eventually it got too ghetto and bought my own house at 25. still there.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, son of a gun said:

Well, I guess I can put out one thing;

Gary Faulkner. Guy that went to Pakistan to personally hunt down Osama Bin Laden, was later kicked out by the country, had kidney issues, and even had a Nick Cage film about this created. And I know the guy personally, and he would put most of the conspiracy believers on here to shame with his beliefs. He moved to Laramie after this interview and, with his girlfriend, moved into the same apartment complex that my mom lived in at the time.

Now, conspiracy theories aside, he's not a bad guy (and has since got at least one successful kidney transplant) and helped out a lot when my mom needed it.

That was great!

The year I attended night law school one of my classmates was the only bounty hunter I've ever met, an English army veteran from a town near the Scottish border with a brogue making him almost sound like he was speaking another language. That guy wasn't as much of a joker but his stories about searching for murderers and big-time cocaine smugglers in South America were just as wild as Faulkner's about bin Laden.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Wow, that's actually really interesting. 

Apparently he was from New Mexico and an officer in the Mexican army, stayed loyal to Mexico after the war and participated in an armed revolt, was jailed after the revolt was put down, eventually swore loyalty to the U.S., and then became an officer in the New Mexico Militia and fought for the Union and in the Civil War.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

My uncle built the Apple Farm resort from nothing in the mid-70’s in San Luis Obispo, and grew it from a hotel to a high end resort with a 99.5% occupancy year after year. In the 80’s Steve Martin wanted to film a big part of one of his movies there, and with my uncle being a huge fan, he was floored. 

My uncle has always kind of reminded me of Steve, and the two were always chatting and hanging out. They actually kept the place open during filming, so extras we easy to get. They were there for about 2 weeks. I keep forgetting the name of the movie......My Blue Heaven maybe? 
My uncle later sold it for $235 million in late 90’s dollars. He’s actually the God Father to me and my sisters, and we’re in his will pretty good. But my psycho aunt ended up blowing 10’s of millions on a business venture, so probably no big pay day for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...