Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Engine on 777 explodes mid flight

Scary but the plane landed safely and everybody is ok

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The background at the end some girl saying "I'm not ever going on a plane, anymore".  Yeah, I do not blame ya.

It’s funny, I have to get liquored up to fly - but have no problem being in a 17 foot skiff sliding down ten footers to fish permit in the Marquesas.  

1 minute ago, grandjean87 said:

Engine failure thankfully generally an early after take off situation in general. 

In addition, the 777 is and has always been ETOPS(330) certified so it can fly for (up tp) 5 1/2 hours on a single engine (tho less under circumstances like this flight with the additional drag from the hot mess that was the No. 2 engine).

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Not mid-flight; it happened during climb out. The statement from the FAA:

Eus0RGeWYAUiu1P?format=jpg&name=900x900

FAA should know there’s no runway 26 Right at Denver. 

The story so far:

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

10 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

You would think. There is however runway 08/26; I am sure it was just a typo. 

Denver's weird because there's a 26 and a 25. Kinda odd that they're off by 10 degrees. :shrug:

I can understand why they might say 26R.

10 hours ago, renoskier said:

Denver's weird because there's a 26 and a 25. Kinda odd that they're off by 10 degrees. :shrug:

Runways 25 and 26 are actually the same heading, but named differently.

I believe the master plan for the airport has adjacent parallel runways for both 25 and 26. Since you can’t have four paved runways with the same numerical designation they would need to go with 25 L/R and 26 L/R. The current naming is in anticipation of that. 

The story so far:

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

10 hours ago, renoskier said:

Don't they (satanic elites and the Majestic 13 folks) keep alien technology underneath that airport meant to survive nuclear armageddon? 

24 minutes ago, FlyingLobo said:

Runways 25 and 26 are actually the same heading, but named differently.

I believe the master plan for the airport has adjacent parallel runways for both 25 and 26. Since you can’t have four paved runways with the same numerical designation they would need to go with 25 L/R and 26 L/R. The current naming is in anticipation of that. 

They appear to be but could be off by a couple degrees. I assume they would round to the nearest 10 degree increment. 

Your explanation also makes sense. Here's an example from DFW:

Image result for dfw runway configuration