Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

MW make up games

Recommended Posts

Thus far teams have missed the following 

BSU- vs Fresno 

USU- @Fresno, vs WY (2)

CSU- vs NM (2), @NV (2)? Nv still listed on espn sch but thought it was canceled?

SDSU- @NM (2), unlv (2)

Nevada- @SJSU (2), vs CSU (2)?

Fresno- vs USU, @BSU

Unlv- @WY (2), sdsu (2)

WY- vs unlv (2), @usu (2)

Sjsu- vs nv (2)

AF- no missed games

NM- vs SDSU (2), @CSU (2)

Assuming no other missed games and assuming the most "make up games" you can play is 2 I would do the following that last week.

Bsu vs Fresno, USU @Fresno, USU vs WY, CSU@NV (2), SDSU vs unlv (2).

Would skip making up nm vs sdsu (2), nm@csu (2), sjsu vs nv (2), wy vs unlv (2), wy@ usu. 

My goal would be to prioritize the top half vs top half make up games and skip the top half vs bottom half. For simplicity sake u could just have usu play both games vs wy and skip the Fresno vs usu (I mean Fresno and wy are close enough in standings) . But otherwise I would stick to the make up games I listed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All of the games will be made up whether or not the coaches want to.  The networks paid to broadcast those games, and they have a right for them to be played or ask for a refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

All of the games will be made up whether or not the coaches want to.  The networks paid to broadcast those games, and they have a right for them to be played or ask for a refund.

So 6 teams are gonna play 4 games during the make up week? And given the logistics some will probably have to play thos 4 games in 5 days. Yeah dont think that is gonna happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Niko Medved did an interview on a local radio program yesterday and he gave the impression that some of the games would be made up. I’m guessing that there are lots of discussions regarding makeup games as they relate to the MWC Tournament and overall effect on team post-season resumes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

New Mexico - SDSU should be declared forfeits. Being tired and emotionally drained isn't an excuse to cancel games.

Agree, if it wasn't cancelled by covid either make it up or forfeit the games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

New Mexico - SDSU should be declared forfeits. Being tired and emotionally drained isn't an excuse to cancel games.

During the “break” that UNM took to skip the road trip to San Diego, the Lobos still practiced. And then all the talk about players opting out and not having enough scholarship players and yet the Lobos had 10 scholarship players the other night against Wyoming. Not only should those games be awarded by forfeit to San Diego State but I believe that UNM should be removed from the MWC Tournament. I know thats a bit harsh given all the issues the UNM program had to deal with due to the restrictions from the State of New Mexico. I do feel for them but their avoidance of the road trip to SDSU deserves some form of punishment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

During the “break” that UNM took to skip the road trip to San Diego, the Lobos still practiced. And then all the talk about players opting out and not having enough scholarship players and yet the Lobos had 10 scholarship players the other night against Wyoming. Not only should those games be awarded by forfeit to San Diego State but I believe that UNM should be removed from the MWC Tournament. I know thats a bit harsh given all the issues the UNM program had to deal with due to the restrictions from the State of New Mexico. I do feel for them but their avoidance of the road trip to SDSU deserves some form of punishment.

The worst part is it wasn't a SDSU home game.  Our team was packed and ready to bus to the airport. Then they cancelled. The game was a UNM "home" game in Lubbock TX.

Like you said, you have to feel for anyone subjected to a government so incompetent it that makes California look well governed but there's no excuse for cancelling  games for reasons other than those agreed upon to mitigate COVID spread

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a lobo fan, and I agree.in my opinion, Paul weir did not want that double digit beat down, he would have received against sdsu. Then the CSI series was postponed,  saving him 2 more losses. Then he had the Gail to worry about. "Rust" against Wyoming. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ph90702 said:

All of the games will be made up whether or not the coaches want to.  The networks paid to broadcast those games, and they have a right for them to be played or ask for a refund.

There is no way anyone will play 4 games in 7 days, and then start the tournament the following Wed/Thurs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

New Mexico - SDSU should be declared forfeits. Being tired and emotionally drained isn't an excuse to cancel games.

If they are declared forfeits should also count as 4th quadrant wins. Will bring up your record but drag down your net ranking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Aztecs should be awarded two W's for UNM's pussy fart of a forfeit. They didn't cancel our games because of COVID. They canceled because too many Cartmans were poopy-faced from having a historically shitty season and decided they didn't want to play anymore. Yet the Lobos still had seven schollie players to suit up and simply decided they were too puss puss to play us. 

Why should the Aztecs have to suffer he consequences (of an artificially-reduced WP) from the feckless flatulence of the MWC's token pussy fart program?  And when exactly did they assume that role from Sharta? F*ck this timeline sucks... :facepalm:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2020 at 4:38 PM, Jalex4141 said:

Is there a stream of this game. 

 

3 hours ago, Jalex4141 said:

If they are declared forfeits should also count as 4th quadrant wins. Will bring up your record but drag down your net ranking. 

This is actually untrue.  If a forfeit is granted, the wins would count towards the conference standings only.  The wins won't count to the overall standings (including net ranking or official NCAA record).

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...