Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did I hear a WOOSH?

BSU @ UCF 9/2/21

19 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

It was from last summer.  This is the most recent I have from the Starlink launch two weeks ago from st.John’s river: 

7012224C-2076-4480-AC8A-37B191FDA00F.jpeg

I know UCF sucks and all, but that's badass right there...

New-Signature.jpg

23 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

So that's a 'who the hell knows' from your camp?

It’s a, “I understand you were Harsin’s huge recruit, won a big game in Tallahassee, but have issues staying healthy.  It’s a wide open field for every position, hope you understand that” kind of stance.  

1 minute ago, tailingpermit said:

It’s a, “I understand you were Harsin’s huge recruit, won a big game in Tallahassee, but have issues staying healthy.  It’s a wide open field for every position, hope you understand that” kind of stance.  

:cheers:

I can dig it...

Idaho Statesman has an Article on Cord missing spring FB again, but it's behind a paywall...

https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article249010690.html

IDS.jpg.90040d0220cfb62911de16001b00324b.jpg

New-Signature.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

:cheers:

I can dig it...

Idaho Statesman has an Article on Cord missing spring FB again, but it's behind a paywall...

https://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/boise-state-football/article249010690.html

IDS.jpg.90040d0220cfb62911de16001b00324b.jpg

I would like to see Cord get healthy and then transfer to a school where he could possibly start, FBS or FCS. 

8 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

I would like to see Cord get healthy and then transfer to a school where he could possibly start, FBS or FCS. 

You and me both...  I remember watching this one live....

It was cold as hell...  43 degrees my ass...

Guy's good enough, just needs a little luck..

New-Signature.jpg

17 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Universal >Disney 

Did you try their new water park?

No we haven’t.  My son is on their marketing team (has 2 BSU degrees). He & his family frequent Universal and Disney.  He’s been on the Disney marketing team, too. We decided to forego a stop to both this trip. Just hanging with grandson’s and spending some beach time.

17 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

What's your crystal ball saying about next year?

Hank the Tank or Sears & Roebuck?

I feel like Sears lacks the je ne sais quoi factor to be QB1.   Doesn't tweet.  Doesn't seem very personable in interviews.  Doesn't have the OC retweeting pictures of him sledding with OTs and calling him "the QB". Doesn't go horseback riding. I think it's going to be Hank, although Sears looked better at playing the actual position.

50 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I feel like Sears lacks the je ne sais quoi factor to be QB1.   Doesn't tweet.  Doesn't seem very personable in interviews.  Doesn't have the OC retweeting pictures of him sledding with OTs and calling him "the QB". Doesn't go horseback riding. I think it's going to be Hank, although Sears looked better at playing the actual position.

*Edit*

51 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

If we're hypothetically betting on ponies here, I'm going to say Sears wins the job...

Just watch his mechanics...  Quite literally, I was immediately blown away by his mechanics, reads, and execution.  Toss in the fact that he navigated the pocket well as a large and mobile QB who isn't holding the ball and getting himself utterly annihilated on nearly EVERY snap - ala Hank the Tank - he's a dead bullseye, if I had to make the call...

However, there's volumes to be said RE Hank's ability to take an absolute BEATING and get up off the turf, time-after-time...  That quality, in and of itself, is worth its figurative weight in pure gold!!  If Sears can't take a beating and is otherwise prone to getting hurt on hits both QB's would take - due to the offensive line - then it's Hank every single time, and twice on Saturdays...

Hank's toughness is his top quality, IMO....

New-Signature.jpg

2 hours ago, Spazdog said:

No we haven’t.  My son is on their marketing team (has 2 BSU degrees). He & his family frequent Universal and Disney.  He’s been on the Disney marketing team, too. We decided to forego a stop to both this trip. Just hanging with grandson’s and spending some beach time.

Glad he made it through the cuts! May 2021 open the floodgates back up through the parks and his budget go up!

Although all the marketing he needs  is to retweet Guz Malzahn...his 82 and sunny tweet caused an uproar.

16 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Glad he made it through the cuts! May 2021 open the floodgates back up through the parks and his budget go up!

Although all the marketing he needs  is to retweet Guz Malzahn...his 82 and sunny tweet caused an uproar.

Is there contract info out yet?

Where do you think Gus is going to live, Winter Park?

34 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Is there contract info out yet?

Where do you think Gus is going to live, Winter Park?

Just returned from a week in Orlando with my married kids.  Stayed in a nice home in a gated community in Davenport.  Hit Universal, both coasts in 90 minutes (Clearwater Beach and New Smyrna Dunes Park), swam with the Manatees in Crystal River, and did an airboat ride to see some gators.  And yes, we also ate at a Waffle House just because the kids and their spouses never have.  For the record, no Gus Malzahn sighting.  Also, Gus could have done a hell of a lot worse than UCF and the Orlando area.

10 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

Just returned from a week in Orlando with my married kids.  Stayed in a nice home in a gated community in Davenport.  Hit Universal, both coasts in 90 minutes (Clearwater Beach and New Smyrna Dunes Park), swam with the Manatees in Crystal River, and did an airboat ride to see some gators.  And yes, we also ate at a Waffle House just because the kids and their spouses never have.  For the record, no Gus Malzahn sighting.  Also, Gus could have done a hell of a lot worse than UCF and the Orlando area.

Haven’t done the Dunes Park but Apollo Beach to the south is gorgeous and void of people.  Again, always a great excuse to hit JB’s Fish Camp for lunch. 

Absolutely love living outside of Orlando in Oviedo (UCF), it can get a little college ghetto in some areas (people parking on their lawns, not taking care of landscaping, etc, etc) but I’m separated from that.