Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at San Jose State - 2 Games

2 minutes ago, crixus said:

Congrats on the win Rebs. 

Your team has improved, and they've endured this season on the road without whining about it, or cancelling games because they didn't feel like playing. Props to the Spartans, for sticking with it during a very tough season.

28 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Your team has improved, and they've endured this season on the road without whining about it, or cancelling games because they didn't feel like playing. Props to the Spartans, for sticking with it during a very tough season.

Very nice. Kudos to you! :cheers: We lost tonight, but we finally got to play at home. I didn't think it would happen this season.

19 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

:mellow:   :facepalm:   :(     :pullhair:     

Sucks but take it as a compliment because both programs' reputations are still there.  Both programs are just a coach away from blowing up.   Maybe it's Otz in Vegas.  But Weir just doesn't have the juice.   Otz doesn't have Vegas juice but if you stay with him you'll have a Leon Rice type program.  Takes time and in year 11 you are thinking maybe a Dance win!   :fishing:

Tillis, man...Not going to be on the all-airport team but the kids gets it. Growing up fast as an impact player and leader before our eyes. In fact, that seems to be a big part of his new found minutes. TJ needed a steadying influence on the floor.

6 hours ago, toonkee said:

Tillis, man...Not going to be on the all-airport team but the kids gets it. Growing up fast as an impact player and leader before our eyes. In fact, that seems to be a big part of his new found minutes. TJ needed a steadying influence on the floor.

The first few times I saw him play, I thought 'why'? But you're right, and even though just a freshman, he might be the 'Coleman' type of influence they need on the court. Plus, he's not afraid to mix it up inside, even though he doesn't have great size. He's kind of brash.

9 hours ago, toonkee said:

He looks like he belongs on one of CSU's teams the last several years, one of those kinda pudgy 6'6~ G/forwards like a Pierce Horhung-type.....he kinda looks like he could be Roddy's dorky little brother.

Like what Gottleib was ribbing him about, Tillis just needs to lose the fluff and add muscle and he can round-out to be a great college player. Smart, good passer and skilled post-moves around the rim, great FT shooter. I don't even remember the last time UNLV had a guy that was a solid finisher around the rim AND was money with his FTs. 

Blake/Tillis/Grill have to be the cornerstone players that Otz needs to bring in some 4/5-star or impact transfer talent to build around, they might have an actual dangerous team in 1-2 years if they can take a major step-up in their Sophomore seasons. We'll see if Bryce sticks around. 

....Jesus Christ, UNLV has fallen so far, I'm hyping up our 0-star recruit.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

5 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

He looks like he belongs on one of CSU's teams the last several years, one of those kinda pudgy 6'6~ G/forwards like a Pierce Horhung-type.....he kinda looks like he could be Roddy's dorky little brother.

Like what Gottleib was ribbing him about, Tillis just needs to lose the fluff and add muscle and he can round-out to be a great college player. Smart, good passer and skilled post-moves around the rim, great FT shooter. I don't even remember the last time UNLV had a guy that was a solid finisher around the rim AND was money with his FTs. 

Blake/Tillis/Grill have to be the cornerstone players that Otz needs to bring in some 4/5-star or impact transfer talent to build around, they might have an actual dangerous team in 1-2 years if they can take a major step-up in their Sophomore seasons. We'll see if Bryce sticks around. 

....Jesus Christ, UNLV has fallen so far, I'm hyping up our 0-star recruit.

Devin “Whatcha talkin’ ‘bout” Tillis was criminally undervalued and isn’t a zero star recruit.  He should’ve been at least three stars.

I truly believe that UNLV is gonna take the next step in 2021-22.  Internal development plus Kaluma/Gilbert plus 1/2 grad transfers.

Also, Otzelberger is in good position with Kijani Wright for the class of 2022.  Devin Tillis was teammates with him.

NLV
STARTERS FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
D. TillisF 1-4 0-0 1-1 4 3 7 2 1 0 2 0 3
C. DiongF 3-6 0-0 0-0 2 3 5 0 0 1 2 1 6
N. BlakeG 3-4 0-0 0-0 0 3 3 1 1 0 2 1 6
C. GrillG 2-3 1-1 0-0 0 1 1 4 0 0 0 0 5
B. HamiltonG 1-8 1-4 0-0 1 3 4 2 1 1 2 2 3
BENCH FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
M. WoodF 1-3 0-0 0-0 1 2 3 0 0 0 0 1 2
D. Jenkins Jr.G 1-7 1-6 0-0 1 1 2 0 0 0 1 1 3
TEAM 12-36 3-12 1-1 11 19 30 9 3 2 9 6 28
  34.3% 27.3% 100.0%

San José State
STARTERS FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
M. OfoegbuF 2-6 0-0 0-0 0 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 4
S. MendozaG 3-6 0-3 1-1 0 3 3 0 1 1 0 1 7
R. WashingtonG 0-4 0-3 0-0 1 3 4 2 0 0 2 0 0
O. MooreG 3-5 1-2 0-0 0 2 2 1 1 0 1 1 7
T. SmithG 1-4 1-3 0-0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 3
BENCH FG 3PT FT OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
N. LacewellF 0-2 0-1 0-0 1 1 2 0 0 1 0 0 0
J. DalcourtG 1-3 1-2 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3
K. HammondsG 1-2 1-1 0-0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 3
TEAM 11-32 4-15 1-1 2 13 15 6 2 2 4 3 27
  34.4% 26.7% 100.0%

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

I have NEVER seen a worse defensive rebounding performance than what San Jose State has put in today!

UNLV has rebounded 25 of their 38 misses.  That’s a blistering 65.7%.  40% is considered elite.

And yet, they're only down by 6..They're hanging in there