Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grandjean87

Rush Out

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

No, I get ya Shark. Rush was a piece of shit. I don’t have an issue with people saying that. Live your life as an ass, people are justified in calling you an ass and death doesn’t exempt you from it. All I was saying with my post is that people kind of need to expect that what goes around comes around. Eventually some bomb thrower on the left will die and you’ll have those on the right reacting in a similar way.

Who are the comparable "bomb throwers" on the left?

24 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Who are the comparable "bomb throwers" on the left?

You’re missing the point. Come on man, you’re seriously smarter than this skier.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 2/18/2021 at 10:29 AM, NevadaFan said:

And also examples of far-left radio that’s radical and divisive. 

The Young Turks and Cenk Uygur were close to Rush, maybe not as bad but right there.  Cenk had entire segments dedicated to crude talk about women, making fun of Muslims, problematic thoughts on Jews, dropped the N word over and over, etc...

Now if you say he was a nobody, well Bernie endorsed him for Congress before outrage forced him to retract the endorsement.  

TYT started as Radio when they were at their most radical.

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

Just asking, who would be comparable? Who has been divisive as Rush was?

I can't think of anyone. 

The Bernie bro gods like Cenk are pretty freaking bad.  Difference is that their mediums are satellite radio, podcasts and even things like twitch.  And that people under 35 have never heard of them.  They don't get the millions of listeners a day though, but they really experienced a surge of popularity with the Bernie phenom.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The Bernie bro gods like Cenk are pretty freaking bad.  Difference is that their mediums are satellite radio, podcasts and even things like twitch.  And that people under 35 have never heard of them.  They don't get the millions of listeners a day though, but they really experienced a surge of popularity with the Bernie phenom.

Right, never heard of them.

Used to hear Tom Likus(sp?). Wouldn't blame women for piling on him.

4 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Was Rush Limbaugh a douche? Absolutely, no question about it.

Does Rush Limbaugh deserve post-mortem criticism? Without a doubt, he was a public figure, a shock jock if you will. And given how he conducted himself on the air, it just comes along with the territory. Not sure why this is shocking to anyone on the right.

That all said, the lefties on this thread will have no license to cry moral foul when one of their divisive partisan teammates eventually kicks the bucket and the righties respond in a similar manner. 

The righties should quit whining and take it in stride.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

Right, never heard of them.

Used to hear Tom Likus(sp?). Wouldn't blame women for piling on him.

Yeah.  The Young Turks had a segment on their radio show where they would rate women on a scale of 1-10 on how likely men would be to let them give them blow jobs.  But it's funny, cus they want to abolish private property and battle capitalism.  Get it?  Funny right?  Oh and he gave David Duke an hour long segment to talk about the Jews while mostly listening and sometimes butting in he was crazy or off the mark, but it came off more like friendly banter.  Oh and the N word was funny too.

I expect as The boomers continue to die off (sorry for the morbidness of that statement) and millenials and zenniels become more politically dedicated you will become way too familiar with their names.

15 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I can't think of anyone. 

I would say it depends on your lens. I’m pretty sure folks on the right like @Bob, @Blue voodoo, @bornontheblue@Nevada Convert, and @renoskierview Maddow, Lemon, Colbert, Matthews, etc. as “divisive jerks.” That’s their point of view. 

But if you go back to my original post, 2/3 of it said Rush Limbaugh was a dick and people on the right shouldn’t be shocked that he’s being criticized post-mortem. The other 1/3 said the right will react the same way when a partisan ass on the left dies. The point I’m trying to make is that if you’re a fan of a partisan ass, don’t expect that partisan ass to be exempted from being called out if/when they die. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

18 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I can't think of anyone. 

Olberman can be ugly. As bad as Rush, though...eh...I don't know. 

Cenk...yeah...pretty divisive, but he's not getting the medal of freedom any time soon. Like half said, hard to compare these niche guys to Rush.  Cenk is minor league and might compare better to some popular righty youtuber or something.

I, toonkee, will not give a f*ck if people grave dance on the MW board (lol) when any dickhead like Cenk or Olberman or Limbaugh or Mark Levin dies. 

They get paid millions to stress you out and give you an early heart attack.  F*ck those guys. They don't give a shit about you. You're a mark to them.   

They've made their beds and can lie in them.

21 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Cenk and the Young Turks are such garbage...really hope they never get a real following. 

13 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I would say it depends on your lens. I’m pretty sure folks on the right like @Bob, @Blue voodoo, @bornontheblue@Nevada Convert, and @renoskierview Maddow, Lemon, Colbert, Matthews, etc. as “divisive jerks.” That’s their point of view. 

But if you go back to my original post, 2/3 of it said Rush Limbaugh was a dick and people on the right shouldn’t be shocked that he’s being criticized post-mortem. The other 1/3 said the right will react the same way when a partisan ass on the left dies. The point I’m trying to make is that if you’re a fan of a partisan ass, don’t expect that partisan ass to be exempted from being called out if/when they die. 

There's partisan and then there is telling a black caller to pull the bone out their nose, or saying the NFL is like watching bloods v crips, or saying slavery had its merits and that it was safer at night in the south then....there is a difference. 

8 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Olberman can be ugly. As bad as Rush, though...eh...I don't know. 

Cenk...yeah...pretty divisive, but he's not getting the medal of freedom any time soon. Like half said, hard to compare these niche guys to Rush.  Cenk is minor league and might compare better to some popular righty youtuber or something.

I would compare TYT to OAN or Newsmax at this point.  Cenk has net worth of 5 mil as of today, while his net worth was less than 1 mil 4 years ago.  They are the largest online news show in the world and their trajectory is scary.  TYT has a T.V. channel even (comes with my youtubeT.V. and is right next to Fox and MSNBC).  Cenk gets about 2 million listeners a day with 5 million subscribers.

Still minor league compared to Rush who had a networth of 80 mil.  In 10 years at their growth rate?  Who knows.

Then you have the dozen or so guys with podcasts, twitch accounts etc that are basically baby Cenks but often even more outrageous.  

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Over 2 million listeners a day and growing fast.  Sadly your wish has already fallen on deaf ears.

Damn! guess I'm getting old and out of touch. The left always seems to lag behind the right in terms of media effectiveness, this is sad news. 

10 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I, toonkee, will not give a f*ck if people grave dance on the MW board (lol) when any dickhead like Cenk or Olberman or Limbaugh or Mark Levin dies. 

They get paid millions to stress you out and give you an early heart attack.  F*ck those guys. They don't give a shit about you. You're a mark to them.   

They've made their beds and can lie in them.

I certainly will not weep for any of these assholes.  And make no mistake, Rush was asshole #1.

But posts like "I hope every one of his last days was filled with horrific pain and severe mental anguish" will always be tactless.

Nothing wrong with criticizing his legacy or reminding people he was a shock jock, hypocrite (pill popper), racist, sexist, classless, AIDS mocking horrible human.   But something like the above quote just makes me uncomfortable

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

No, I get ya Shark. Rush was a piece of shit. I don’t have an issue with people saying that. Live your life as an ass, people are justified in calling you an ass and death doesn’t exempt you from it. All I was saying with my post is that people kind of need to expect that what goes around comes around. Eventually some bomb thrower on the left will die and you’ll have those on the right reacting in a similar way.

This is precisely why people are so comfortable dancing on Rush's grave. He seemed to take great pleasure in doing it to others. I personally still find it distasteful, but I certainly understand why many are doing so, and find it very disingenuous when Rush's supporters wag their fingers at those who do, when they had no problem with Rush's actions.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

10 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Damn! guess I'm getting old and out of touch. The left always seems to lag behind the right in terms of media effectiveness, this is sad news. 

Agreed.  When you get populists who have followers that are near cult like in their devotedness, like Trump and Bernie, people will tap into that and make money.  Cenk is making over a million a year and on a rapid trajectory to be "Rush like" in the next decade in terms of popularity.