Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Have You Purchased or Plan to Purchase A Fire Arm In Near Future?

Who’s Bought or Plans to buy another firearm?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Answer per gun purchase

• Already bought one
    • Plan To
    • Thinking About it

3 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

My son-in-law tells me that a modern Glock is lighter, much easier to disassemble, and of course it has a substantially higher capacity. But I figure if seven rounds from a .45 won’t work I’m toast anyway. 

You would hate polymer frame pistols.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 2/17/2021 at 1:48 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Next gun purchase is going to be a Remington 572.  Kinda wanna go rabbit hunting.

Is that what Elmer Fudd used to hunt wabbit?

4 minutes ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

Is that what Elmer Fudd used to hunt wabbit?

Fudd used a magic double barreled shotgun that seemed to never have to be reloaded but at the cost of never being able to hit his target.

Gunna need @Whats Up Doc to give his expertise here.

Just now, TheSanDiegan said:

My first rifle was a Winchester pump-action .22. 

I've owned a few single shot .22's, a pump-action .22 and few semi auto .22's over the year all in that $150 to $220 range.  Keeping giving them away to my younger cousins and friends.

Want a gun for small game to keep as a lifer and hand down to my own kids if I ever have any.  The Remington 572 fits that perfectly.  

On 2/19/2021 at 2:26 PM, Stealthlobo said:

It really wasn't that bad? I sold my Kimber 1911 before I moved to Hawaii so I would have to deal with the hassle. My gf hates guns though so I probably would have gotten rid of it anyway.

It was easy. Went to county sheriff office, had the guns looked at and a background check. Took about 15 minutes

50 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I've owned a few single shot .22's, a pump-action .22 and few semi auto .22's over the year all in that $150 to $220 range.  Keeping giving them away to my younger cousins and friends.

Want a gun for small game to keep as a lifer and hand down to my own kids if I ever have any.  The Remington 572 fits that perfectly.  

When I was 16 I traded that Winchester and $50 for a Ruger 10/22 that I still have to this day.

I have a security door and a pit bull that hates strangers. Statistically, that is better home protection than a gun. 

If the anti immigration fervor continues to grow and we get ICE sweeps in my area, I may buy a shotgun. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

21 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I have a security door and a pit bull that hates strangers. Statistically, that is better home protection than a gun. 

If the anti immigration fervor continues to grow and we get ICE sweeps in my area, I may buy a shotgun. 

The rise of the far right militias its why I thought of buying another.  Not a lot of that in Hawaii though

2 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

This post demonstrates a lack of awareness and understanding of fundamental gun safety. 

Then you simply don’t know gun safety. An unloaded gun with the safety on locked away in a steel gun safe is as safe as it gets. If you think that’s wrong, go get your money back from the fool that taught you wrong. 

kat.jpg

50 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

That’s kinda what I figured. 

FWIW I don't like them either. I don't mind the extra weight of a steel frame and in larger and/or more snappy calibers it helps reduce recoil to keep your target sighted.

30 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Then you simply don’t know gun safety. An unloaded gun with the safety on locked away in a steel gun safe is as safe as it gets. If you think that’s wrong, go get your money back from the fool that taught you wrong. 

First off this is what you said:

21 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Ahhhhh, it’s not a big deal if it ain’t loaded and the safety is on. If there are any kids around at all, they should be in a locked gun safe, period. 

Wrong, dipshit.

RULE #1: ALWAYS TREAT A FIREARM AS IF IT'S LOADED.

Full stop. As you fail Rule #1 miserably, I see no need to proceed to Rule #2. 

Sorry to publicly neuter you in front of a bunch of dudes. 

41 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

We have a stealthy cat that will use his mad ninja skills to weave between your legs and trip you.

6 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Wrong, dipshit. 

Sorry to publicly neuter you in front of a bunch of dudes. #NotSorry

Even if the gun is not loaded, and you know that.  Posting pictures on social media of you keeping guns as "display" pieces is dumb AF.  Hanging up your tool for show is serious small dick energy and posting that on social media just makes you a target.  Post you are out of town for vacation?  Who knows what "friend" on facebook will see that as an easy opportunity to robe you.

Guns belong in safes.  Especially if you have kids.  A home defense gun in the bedroom is fine too.  I keep mine in an area close to my bed that nobody would ever find unless they ripped the room apart but can access in seconds.

My gun collection is modest.  I have a 30/30 for hunting, a 20 gauge for birds, two hand guns (Ruger blackhawk and Ruger LCR).

Knives and swords give me bigger boners to be honest.  Just got a boar spear for Christmas, have several swords, several bowies and about a half dozen hawks for throwing.  

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Even if the gun is not loaded, and you know that.  Posting pictures on social media of you keeping guns as "display" pieces is dumb AF.  Hanging up your tool for show is serious small dick energy and posting that on social media just makes you a target.  Post you are out of town for vacation?  Who knows what "friend" on facebook will see that as an easy opportunity to robe you.

Guns belong in safes.  Especially if you have kids.  A home defense gun in the bedroom is fine too.  I keep mine in an area close to my bed that nobody would ever find unless they ripped the room apart but can access in seconds.

My gun collection is modest.  I have a 30/30 for hunting, a 20 gauge for birds, two hand guns (Ruger blackhawk and Ruger LCR).

Knives and swords give me bigger boners to be honest.  Just got a boar spear for Christmas, have several swords, several bowies and about a half dozen hawks for throwing.  

A million likes.

Part of the weaps course I used to deliver to LEAs involved having LEOs clear and make safe both a semi-automatic and a pump-action shotty. And there was always more than one who f*cked it up.

I cringe whenever I see someone - in a gun store or elsewhere - carelessly handle a firearm because they "know it's unloaded." 

59 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

First off this is what you said:

Wrong, dipshit.

Sorry to publicly neuter you in front of a bunch of dudes. 

What makes you think I wasn’t dumbass? 

kat.jpg

5 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

What makes you think I wasn’t dumbass? 

This quote? 

21 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Ahhhhh, it’s not a big deal if it ain’t loaded and the safety is on. If there are any kids around at all, they should be in a locked gun safe, period. 

Which was in response to my comment that it was unsafe for her to keep a handgun sitting on the edge of the shelf. Which it is if you understand and practice the four cardinal rules of gun safety (see: Rule #1).