Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Have You Purchased or Plan to Purchase A Fire Arm In Near Future?

Who’s Bought or Plans to buy another firearm?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Answer per gun purchase

• Already bought one
    • Plan To
    • Thinking About it

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

Just bought the wife her first pistol last night. Ruger .380. It has pink grips. Why???!!!

Dude, you're entering dangerous territory arming your wife. :ph34r:

When I bought my wife a pistol I bought her a (Beretta) Bobcat. I'm less likely to die if she goes psycho and shoots me and it looks sexyAF in a thigh holster. :bananasex:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

4 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Boy, the filters Zoom has come with for meetings...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I still own a few guns.  Hand me downs from my parents.  Gave my ELK/Deer hunting 270 rifle away to a brother.  I do still have an old Marlin 22 that my dad bought for me as a kid.  Seems like enough.  I had to register them and do a background check when I brought them to Hawaii.  No big deal.

If Trump had won again I might have bought a pistol as the world went to hell.

5 minutes ago, Billings said:

I still own a few guns.  Hand me downs from my parents.  Gave my ELK/Deer hunting 270 rifle away to a brother.  I do still have an old Marlin 22 that my dad bought for me as a kid.  Seems like enough.  I had to register them and do a background check when I brought them to Hawaii.  No big deal.

It really wasn't that bad? I sold my Kimber 1911 before I moved to Hawaii so I would have to deal with the hassle. My gf hates guns though so I probably would have gotten rid of it anyway.

27 minutes ago, Billings said:

I had some Axis deer over there last month.  Would buy a rifle just off of that.

17 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I had some Axis deer over there last month.  Would buy a rifle just off of that.

Yea nice trophy antlers.  I mostly hunt with a camera these days.  I do miss Pheasant and Chukar hunting from time to time

On 2/18/2021 at 4:47 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

Maybe the ghost of OBL can mansplain gun safety to her, including how dangerous it is to keep that Glock sitting on the edge of her shelf like that.

Ahhhhh, it’s not a big deal if it ain’t loaded and the safety is on. If there are any kids around at all, they should be in a locked gun safe, period. 

kat.jpg

15 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Dude, an intruder that’s about to shoot you isn’t going to get scared and run away when you start jacking off. The only protection plan that’s good for is preventing STD’s and babies. 

Given that I have 4 grandchildren it’s a little late for baby prevention. I’ve always had a Colt .45 1911 because that’s what I got used to carrying/cleaning in the Army. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

10 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Given that I have 4 grandchildren it’s a little late for baby prevention. I’ve always had a Colt .45 because that’s what I got used to carrying/cleaning in the Army. 

The 1911 was was always the most comfortable, balanced handgun for me too.

4 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

The 1911 was was always the most comfortable, balanced handgun for me too.

My son-in-law tells me that a modern Glock is lighter, much easier to disassemble, and of course it has a substantially higher capacity. But I figure if seven rounds from a .45 won’t work I’m toast anyway. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

2 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

My son-in-law tells me that a modern Glock is lighter, much easier to disassemble, and of course it has a substantially higher capacity. But I figure if seven rounds from a .45 won’t work I’m toast anyway. 

You should check out a Taurus Judge with the 3” cylinder revolver length. You can have all kinds of different ammo. Loaded in each chamber. It’ll shoot shotgun shells like a sawed off shotgun, but since the barrel is rifled, it makes it legal. You can have slugs, Colt .45 and other ammo. Basically it’s a close distance self defense weapon. Car jacking, burglar. Not legal in CA though. They’re only about $550, as well. I think it’s better than the S&W public defender. 

kat.jpg

18 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Ahhhhh, it’s not a big deal if it ain’t loaded and the safety is on. If there are any kids around at all, they should be in a locked gun safe, period. 

This post demonstrates a lack of awareness and understanding of fundamental gun safety. 

On 2/19/2021 at 4:26 PM, Stealthlobo said:

It really wasn't that bad? I sold my Kimber 1911 before I moved to Hawaii so I would have to deal with the hassle. My gf hates guns though so I probably would have gotten rid of it anyway.

You are a man of good taste.