Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Del Scorcho

Biden approves disaster relief funding for the state of Texas (without winning that state and without blaming them for not being prepared)?

1 minute ago, Del Scorcho said:

have we ever had another President deny emergency disaster aid? I don't ever recall it happening before.

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2013/08/23/disaster-declaration-denials-exasperate-governors

Between 1991 and 2011, presidents approved more than 85 percent of governors' disaster requests. During that period, the states most likely to be denied disaster declarations were Connecticut (39 percent), Arizona (37 percent), Texas (35 percent) and Rhode Island (33 percent), according to a Stateline analysis of documents obtained under the federal Freedom of Information Act.

Disappointed governors may see politics at work when their requests fall flat, but the numbers tell a different story. According to Stateline's analysis, Democratic presidents denied requests from Republican governors 53 times and Democratic governors 44 times. Republican presidents turned down requests from fellow Republicans 49 times and from Democrats 43 times. Republicans held the majority of governorships between 1995 and 2007, and again after the 2010 elections.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 2/17/2021 at 9:13 PM, Billings said:

Trump did everything he could to divide the country as part of his divide and conquer strategy.  Glad to see Biden not buying into that philosophy.

Good Lord Jesus. Are you blind? Trump, the MSM, social media, the Dems & some GOP, Hollywood, Russia, China, ANTIFA, BLM, Pretty Boys, have been doing it and will continue to do it. Biden certainly is going with it, as well. He just uses other people to do the work so he can attempt the imagine of ‘cool gramps’. It won’t last that long. 

kat.jpg

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Good Lord Jesus. Are you blind? Trump, the MSM, social media, the Dems & some GOP, Hollywood, Russia, China, ANTIFA, BLM, Pretty Boys, have been doing it and will continue to do it. Biden certainly is going with it, as well. He just uses other people to do the work so he can attempt the imagine of ‘cool gramps’. It won’t last that long. 

Pretty Boys?

Personal preference or did you think you were posting on one of the Dark Web sites that you frequent?

I'm not judging.  You do you.

On 2/18/2021 at 1:21 PM, Del Scorcho said:

have we ever had another President deny emergency disaster aid? I don't ever recall it happening before.

Trump has been a unique President in many ways, about 99% of those horrifically.

Yeah, it’s happened many times before. That said, I can’t recall a time when it happened as a result of political retribution. Weaponizing emergency aid became a thing under Trump. And even if he relented and eventually allowed it, he made inappropriate scathing comments about those who received it. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 2/17/2021 at 2:03 PM, RSF said:

Possibly the funniest thing I ever read on this board.  Bravo to you.

wtf is wrong with you texans?  i would be happy if you just left!  Cant even provide energy for your people, need the yanks to do it!  We should have eliminated you fools after the war!  You are a bunch of snowflakes for sure!  

Any btw texas is turning blue and will be there by 2024!  so get ready 

16 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Yeah, it’s happened many times before. That said, I can’t recall a time when it happened as a result of political retribution. Weaponizing emergency aid became a thing under Trump. And even if he relented and eventually allowed it, he made inappropriate scathing comments about those who received it. 

yeah for sure and if there was a leader board for people not telling the truth...   trump would be at the top for sure

24 minutes ago, Nevada6077 said:

wtf is wrong with you texans?  i would be happy if you just left!  Cant even provide energy for your people, need the yanks to do it!  We should have eliminated you fools after the war!  You are a bunch of snowflakes for sure!  

Any btw texas is turning blue and will be there by 2024!  so get ready 

Well, I am a Yank (at least so the natives tell me), Texas going purple really doesnt bother me, I have made my thoughts on the current cluster+++++ pretty clear, and clearly you dont have the bandwidth to understand what was so funny.  I could explain it to you, but I cant help you understand.

Other than that...

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 hours ago, RSF said:

Well, I am a Yank (at least so the natives tell me), Texas going purple really doesnt bother me, I have made my thoughts on the current cluster+++++ pretty clear, and clearly you dont have the bandwidth to understand what was so funny.  I could explain it to you, but I cant help you understand.

Other than that...

Please, we all know you are the biggest righty on the board.

Goes Convert, RSF, Bob, and Soup.  In that order.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I've been called worse.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

And proud of it muuuutthhaaa fuuuccckkkaaa. There has to be some attempt at balance on this board although it consists of a pebble on one side of the fulcrum and a boulder on the other side. 

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

And proud of it muuuutthhaaa fuuuccckkkaaa. There has to be some attempt at balance on this board although it consists of a pebble on one side of the fulcrum and a boulder on the other side. 

Totally fair.  When this board had more conservatives than Liberals (no offense top25)  It was good to see democrats around.

Now that it's about 3-1 liberal to conservative it is good to see Republicans.

30 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Totally fair.  When this board had more conservatives than Liberals (no offense top25)  It was good to see democrats around.

Now that it's about 3-1 liberal to conservative it is good to see Republicans.

It’s difficult for me to believe this board was ever conservative dominant. When was that? 

5 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s difficult for me to believe this board was ever conservative dominant. When was that? 

Back when conservatives knew how to read. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.