Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jazz piano great Chick Corea is dead at 79

Chick Corea: who was the Spain composer and Return to Forever founder - and what was he known for? | The Scotsman

Chick Corea, one of Americas great Jazz pianist died recently and I only found out about it by reading the Scotsman newspaper. I heard him play three times live and have several of his cd's. He was genuinely great and I expect many jazz fans will agree with my statement. 

Sorry to hear that. I saw Chick and his band Return to Forever play at the Paramount Theatre in Denver back in 2008. Corea was a great jazz pianist, one of the best ever.

May he rest in peace. 

I was never a huge Chick Corea guy, but it's always sad when the big names of Jazz die. I've been able to see a few of the greats, but there just aren't many of them left. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.