Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Utah State at Boise State (2 Games)

1 minute ago, KingBronco said:

Dang, another really high-level game played tonight. That was great basketball to watch. BSU's strategy of seldom doubling Queta paid off yet again...despite him dominating again.

On to SDSU for us...that series may be even more epic than BSU vs. USU was.

Queta should be the MW POTW despite going 0-2

Wow, what a two game series. Both games were fiercely competitive. USU is as tough a team as there is in the MWC. It took everything we had to beat them twice. Armus came up huge in the last few minutes. Anyone that says Queta isn’t an NBA player doesn’t know basketball. Not only a good player, but he’s one helluva competitor. 

17 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

They still need one against SDSU. I do not want to see USU in the tournament either

Should have been more clear - on to the MWC tournament for USU. Our at large hopes are gone. I don't want to see Boise, CSU, or SDSU lol. May not want to see UNR either depending on how next week goes. 

I knew Alston was going to be a matchup problem going in, but he destroyed us. 

That felt like a split series.  BSU was fortunate to get both.  While there are more important players on BSU, Rice, Shaver and Dennis seem to be the difference in close games.  When they are good, BSU wins.  When they aren’t, we don’t.  Dare I say BSU seems to be clicking at the right time?  Need one of the final two. 

2 hours ago, Broncos4life said:

That felt like a split series.  BSU was fortunate to get both.  While there are more important players on BSU, Rice, Shaver and Dennis seem to be the difference in close games.  When they are good, BSU wins.  When they aren’t, we don’t.  Dare I say BSU seems to be clicking at the right time?  Need one of the final two. 

I don’t see it as fortunate. This was a must win game for the Aggies and they came at us with both barrels firing. We took their best shot and made the big plays when it counted. We’re peaking at the right time.

The two games with the Aztecs will be wars. To be the big dog you have to beat the big dog. After all these years in the MWC we finally have the talent and athletes to match theirs. Our guys need to embrace the challenge. 

Fantastic game by Boise. You just have to tip your hat. What did you shoot in the second half? It seemed like Kigab went all Mamba and Armus went nuts as well. Stings to lose that one, but Boise made the plays. USU really really misses Worster. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

Fantastic game by Boise. You just have to tip your hat. What did you shoot in the second half? It seemed like Kigab went all Mamba and Armus went nuts as well. Stings to lose that one, but Boise made the plays. USU really really misses Worster. 

I suspect @AggieSoxis hiding out somewhere near @LoFasZzthis morning. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

Shot 74% in the second half. Crazy good shooting. Made up for that brick laying first half. 

Utah State missed Worster if nothing else he would have provided more depth. Plus, he’s their starting PG as a freshman. Tough to lose a starter on any team. 

Miller was a non factor because we defended him well for the most part and he can’t create his own shot. Whomever thought he could defend Alston was out of their mind.

The USU team is Queta. Without him the Aggies are a very mediocre team. The Broncos proved it by letting Queta get his points and shut down the others. He had 40% of the Aggies points both nights.

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

The USU team is Queta. Without him the Aggies are a very mediocre team. The Broncos proved it by letting Queta get his points and shut down the others. He had 40% of the Aggies points both nights.

They’re going to take a step back next year.  6th place team IMO.