Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Utah State at Boise State (2 Games)

Just now, kingpotato said:

Zero assists, though. They didn't give him anyone to pass to

USU feeds off the 3 ball fed out from Queta inside.  You double him, he finds the open shooter.  Rice was clearly not going to double Queta tonight and that seems to be a strategy that works.

Just now, soupslam1 said:

I like the strategy of not double teaming. The threes out of double teaming Queta are killers. 

Armus was in foul trouble too. If he can stay out of that, it's a better strategy. He actually matches up against him decently if not

2 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Really good, high-level game played tonight. Friday is going to be war. Both teams absolutely need to win for their NCAAT and MWC Championship hopes.

Boise really needed that game. Utah State probably needs the next game mare than Boise, unfortunately 

2 minutes ago, roughrider said:

USU feeds off the 3 ball fed out from Queta inside.  You double him, he finds the open shooter.  Rice was clearly not going to double Queta tonight and that seems to be a strategy that works.

Agreed. I think you just need to guard Queta straight up and eat the 25-30 points he is probably going to score to defend the perimeter. If USU only makes 3 threes again on Friday BSU will win again even if Queta has another monster game.

The strategy on Queta was right even though he had a career night. Let him get his points and defend the hell out of the others. He won’t beat you by himself. I suspect you’ll see the same strategy Friday. USU may counter by using Queta to set more screens for their shooters. 

The game Friday is huge especially for USU. they can’t afford to be swept. It’s going to be a war. 

Finding out we don't have our starting PG was worse than losing the game. 

If you would have told me before the game that the Aggies would be without Worster and would also shoot 18% from 3pt. I would have said it would be a Bronco blowout.

It's no coincidence, every USU loss in conference has come by way of not being able to hit the long ball.

CSU - 8-31 (25%)

UNLV - 5-22 (22%)

BSU - 3-16 (18%)

11 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Baggies shot better than their season average and Boise worse. Queta also hit FTs, which he normally doesn't. It's hard to say. Neither team played poorly that game. 

Hold on there stat manipulator, I've got to check your Bronco blue goggles just a tad. 

USU Season FG Average vs Last Night: 45.31% vs 46.0%.... While technically true, USU did shoot better, you're really going to argue about less than a 1% difference? I think USU shot less than a percentage better because by design Boise allowed Queta to take lots of very high percentage shots in the paint (lay-ups, alley-oops, etc). Ditto for Bean and Anthony 

BSU Season FG Average vs Last Night 46.2% vs 44.4%... not too big of a difference there either: on 63 shots you maybe make one more. 

As I was watching the game I concur, both teams generally played solid. However, I wasn't watching thinking: hey USU is shooting way better than normal. Actually the opposite, especially from 3

USU Season 3 FG % Average vs Last Night: 34.4%, 18.8%

BSU Season 3 FG % Average vs Last Night: 34.8%, 34,8%

By the stats, BSU shot about as well as they do normally from the field and on par from beyond the arc. USU shot a tad better from inside the arc and much worse beyond.

If you want to argue USU shot worse from 3 because BSU played better perimeter defense or some other attribution, I'm willing to have that discussion, but let's not distort stats to support an argument that isn't there: namely that Boise normally shoots tons better and USU shoots tons worse. There were glaring differences in USU's 3 point shooting (much worse) and their FT shooting (Queta made 2.5 more FTs than he normally does percentage wise.)

Both teams played well and Boise was better. If Boise gets Doutrive back I expect a sweep, if not... it's a toss-up. I have a massive dick. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

6 hours ago, TrueAg said:

Finding out we don't have our starting PG was worse than losing the game. 

If you would have told me before the game that the Aggies would be without Worster and would also shoot 18% from 3pt. I would have said it would be a Bronco blowout.

It's no coincidence, every USU loss in conference has come by way of not being able to hit the long ball.

CSU - 8-31 (25%)

UNLV - 5-22 (22%)

BSU - 3-16 (18%)

How long is he out for?  I'm hoping we get Doutrive back Friday. I'd assumed dental emergency would be a one game thing so I think he will be.