Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Say Goodbye to Scary Black Guns

4 minutes ago, Akkula said:

And there is also a pretty strong argument that if we had done SOMETHING, anything at all to target gun deaths after Colombine maybe Newtown wouldn't have happened.  The idea that doing ANYTHING is akin to a communist takeover gulag gun grab is where the problem lies.

That event where they obtained the guns illegally by paying somebody else to purchase them, and none were scary black guns?

I mean I agree we could have done more as a society.  We (especially the gun grabbers and the moral right) made them celebrities and gave them infamy.  Bad move.

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

It's like structural white supremacy doesn't stop at party boundaries :hmmm:

You and a lot of others on this board are addicted to guns like crack and so you will rationalize having a HUGE death rate in comparison to the rest of the world.  That is the "price of freedom" that you are willing to make others pay, I suppose.  But now that we have insurrectionists in the country looking to take it over with 2A solutions, I think a lot of people have another reason to look closely at being stuck on stupid.  

Bravo for @BSUTOP25 for at least abandoning the "cold dead hands" idea of at least doing background checks.

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That event where they obtained the guns illegally by paying somebody else to purchase them, and none were scary black guns?

I mean I agree we could have done more as a society.  We (especially the gun grabbers and the moral right) made them celebrities and gave them infamy.  Bad move.

Well, perhaps YOU and @happycamper should get in there and plug some of these loopholes and get in front of things since you know more about guns.  That would shut up the gun grabbers will quick.

Posted Image

3 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Show me the footage of the mass shooting of '93 that captured the national attention.   Columbine invented the school shooting of innocent people.   Gang members dying in Miami or someplace in a drug deal gone wrong is just not the same.  Clinical statistics on homicides don't capture the impact of certain events...just like the capital riot where ONLY a couple people died.

Again, there were more school shootings in the early 90's.  That is not up for debate.  Well before columbine.

Since you did not read the link the first time...

"Mass school shootings are incredibly rare events. In research publishing later this year, Fox and doctoral student Emma Fridel found that on average, mass murders occur between 20 and 30 times per year, and about one of those incidents on average takes place at a school."

Just now, Akkula said:

Show me the footage of the mass shooting of '93 that captured the national attention.   Columbine invented the school shooting of innocent people.  

What on god's green earth are you talking about? 

There have been school shootings such as the UT belltower shooting, at Gonzaga, University City, Missouri, in San Diego, in Stockton, in Olivehurst... well before Columbine. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, Akkula said:

Well, perhaps YOU and @happycamper should get in there and plug some of these loopholes and get in front of things since you know more about guns.  That would shut up the gun grabbers will quick.

loopholes?

Prohibition never works.  

Unless the loophole you want closed is confiscation.  If so...just say it.

8 minutes ago, Akkula said:

You and a lot of others on this board are addicted to guns like crack and so you will rationalize having a HUGE death rate in comparison to the rest of the world.  That is the "price of freedom" that you are willing to make others pay, I suppose.  But now that we have insurrectionists in the country looking to take it over with 2A solutions, I think a lot of people have another reason to look closely at being stuck on stupid.  

Bravo for @BSUTOP25 for at least abandoning the "cold dead hands" idea of at least doing background checks.

Lol at background checks. They do nothing to stop criminal types from obtaining guns by theft or the black market. 

Guns are here to stay Akkula. They’re only eliminated in your utopian mind. Get a grip dude. You have a much greater chance to get killed in a car accident than some deranged sociopath shooting you. 

5 minutes ago, Akkula said:

I'm literally saying regulate the guns that are doing the actual killing you +++++ing moron

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Again, there were more school shootings in the early 90's.  That is not up for debate.  Well before columbine.

Since you did not read the link the first time...

"Mass school shootings are incredibly rare events. In research publishing later this year, Fox and doctoral student Emma Fridel found that on average, mass murders occur between 20 and 30 times per year, and about one of those incidents on average takes place at a school."

I think you are missing the point.  People can define mass shootings in a whole lot of ways but this clinical discussion you are trying to have misses the collective damage some events have on the country from a mass psychological perspective.  Nobody remembers all these mass shootings you keep claiming that happened in '93

JFK Assassination

Challenger Explosion

Columbine

World Trade Center

Capitol Insurrection

People just don't forget about these things and it is seared into the collective consciousness.  The problem with Columbine is it is like....stuck on repeat...and we relive it all the time....

Thank god for the pandemic, in that respect, I suppose.  Crowds have been dispersed.

Posted Image

5 minutes ago, happycamper said:

What on god's green earth are you talking about? 

There have been school shootings such as the UT belltower shooting, at Gonzaga, University City, Missouri, in San Diego, in Stockton, in Olivehurst... well before Columbine. 

I was just about to post the University of Texas Belltower shooter in 1966. That's probably the earliest and most notorious for me. 15 Dead 31 wounded. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

2 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

I was just about to post the University of Texas Belltower shooter in 1966. That's probably the earliest and most notorious for me. 

That is the only one I actually remember hearing about( I wasn't alive then!).  That is a good one.  That was WAY Back in 1966 and was on a college.  That was WAY before Columbine.

There is probably some truth to the media and 24 hour news having the ability to cover some of these events more.  

Posted Image

4 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Then WTF are you arguing about then?  :rant:

Perhaps you would know if you...

read my posts

2 minutes ago, Akkula said:

I think you are missing the point.  People can define mass shootings in a whole lot of ways but this clinical discussion you are trying to have misses the collective damage some events have on the country from a mass psychological perspective.  Nobody remembers all these mass shootings you keep claiming that happened in '93

JFK Assassination

Challenger Explosion

Columbine

World Trade Center

Capitol Insurrection

People just don't forget about these things and it is seared into the collective consciousness.  The problem with Columbine is it is like....stuck on repeat...and we relive it all the time....

Thank god for the pandemic, in that respect, I suppose.  Crowds have been dispersed.

Challenger explosion...lead to people lobbying to defund NASA.  Stupid policy.  WTC lead to politicians violating their citizens rights.  Capitol insurrection is being used to stymie speech and will assuredly be used for Patriot Act part II.  You are not helping your point.

Yeah thank god for a pandemic that resulted in 500k dead americans.  More Americans are dying a day due to COVID then will die in a DECADE from scary black guns.

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Challenger explosion...lead to people lobbying to defund NASA.  Stupid policy.  WTC lead to politicians violating their citizens rights.  Capitol insurrection is being used to stymie speech and will assuredly be used for Patriot Act part II.  You are not helping your point.

Yeah thank god for a pandemic that resulted in 500k dead americans.  More Americans are dying a day due to COVID then will die in a DECADE from scary black guns.

Then why even have government or regulations at all?  :shrug:  People still run red lights and kill others so may as well get rid of them.

Yes the librawls are stupid and don't know the difference between a magazine and clip....smarter regulation without overreach would be better handled by experts.  Scuba divers, climbers, etc., have self regulating organizations to set rules for dangerous activities.  You should really try to lead as opposed to just digging in your heels all the time.  There are things that could be done and I think all you gun people know what they are and could get them set.

Posted Image

Just now, Akkula said:

Then why even have government or regulations at all?  :shrug:  People still run red lights and kill others so may as well get rid of them.

Yes the librawls are stupid and don't know the difference between a magazine and clip....smarter regulation without overreach would be better handled by experts.  Scuba divers, climbers, etc., have self regulating organizations to set rules for dangerous activities.  You should really try to lead as opposed to just digging in your heels all the time.  There are things that could be done and I think all you gun people know what they are and could get them set.

We already have gun regulations.  A lot of them.  People who commit gun violence don't follow them.  I've already said what policy I would support as a compromise, what, a dozen times in conversations with you?  You know them.  Banning scary black guns is not one of them.

Banning scary black guns is emotion.  Trying to round up and confiscate the 15,000,000 AR 15's in America?  Shit that would be a disaster.  Who collects them?  You just going to make millions of Americans felons?

8 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Banning scary black guns is emotion.  Trying to round up and confiscate the 15,000,000 AR 15's in America?  Shit that would be a disaster.  Who collects them?  You just going to make millions of Americans felons?

I am 100% against banning guns.

But, I believe Australia and other countries have done this.  Obviously you wouldn't criminalize it, it's something that would take decades,  if not generations, but if you stop selling them, have gun buyback programs and the like, eventually the owners die off and the guns get taken out of circulation.   But America would never commit to this level.