Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jersey Rebels

Valparaiso "Is This Offensive?"

Valparaiso has decided to drop the name Rebels Crusaders since it has been embraced by hate groups. All iconography and descriptions relating to the name will also be dropped. What do you all think their new name should be? 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30882084/valparaiso-dropping-crusaders-name-mascot-logos

The lancers.

Valpo Vulcans!

Image result for vulcans

(Although, https://hiloathletics.com/)

"Valpo is and always has been a faith-based institution, and we want to make sure our symbolism is in alignment with our beliefs and speaks to the core values of the Lutheran ethos"

Lutheran ethos you say?  They know their church was founded by this guy? 

• "First, to set fire to their synagogues or schools … This is to be done in honor of our Lord and of Christendom, so that God might see that we are Christians …"
  • "Second, I advise that their houses also be razed and destroyed."
  • "Third, I advise that all their prayer books and Talmudic writings, in which such idolatry, lies, cursing, and blasphemy are taught, be taken from them."
  • "Fourth, I advise that their rabbis be forbidden to teach henceforth on pain of loss of life and limb …"
  • "Fifth, I advise that safe-conduct on the highways be abolished completely for the Jews. For they have no business in the countryside …"
  • "Sixth, I advise that usury be prohibited to them, and that all cash and treasure of silver and gold be taken from them …"
  • "Seventh, I recommend putting a flail, an ax, a hoe, a spade, a distaff, or a spindle into the hands of young, strong Jews and Jewesses and letting them earn their bread in the sweat of their brow … But if we are afraid that they might harm us or our wives, children, servants, cattle, etc., … then let us emulate the common sense of other nations such as France, Spain, Bohemia, etc., … then eject them forever from the country …"

From Martin Luther's "On Jews and Their Lies"

5 hours ago, Jersey Rebels said:

Valparaiso has decided to drop the name Rebels Crusaders since it has been embraced by hate groups. All iconography and descriptions relating to the name will also be dropped. What do you all think their new name should be? 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30882084/valparaiso-dropping-crusaders-name-mascot-logos

Christianity = racism 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, rebelcuff said:

This is getting out of hand. Liberals are taking over.

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Nothing new, slowly but surely...forever :shrug:

Yes. There must be soooo many liberals on a private, religious campus located in a geographically red region of the country. :facepalm:

Point Loma Nazarene University Merchant Logo here in San Diego used to call their teams the Crusaders. But they changed it to Sea Lions back in 2002. 

23 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Lutheran ethos you say?  They know their church was founded by this guy? 

LOL!  I'm not a Lutheran, and couldn't care less about their theology, but you really want to go to the 1500's?  Even Wyoming doesn't dig that deep.