Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Boise State - 2 Games

image.jpeg    image.jpeg

DATE: Thursday, February 11 / Saturday, February 13
TIME: 7 p.m. PT / 7 p.m. PT
SITE: ExtraMile Arena (13,390), Boise, Idaho
TV: CBS Sports Network (Tom McCarthy, Julianne Viani) / FS1 (Daron Sutton, Wyking Jones)
RADIO: ESPN Radio 1100 AM (Jon Sandler, Curtis Terry)
AUDIO: UNLV Gameday App/TuneIn & UNLVRebels.com
STATS: Live Stats at Gameday App & UNLVRebels.com

Boise State leads the all-time series 11-10

UNLV is 2-7 all-time at Boise State

UNLV has won three of the last five meetings overall

Boise State has won all seven of its games on its home floor this season

The series started back in 1976 with a meeting in the NCAA Tournament

Head Coach Leon Rice is in his 11th season at Boise State with a career record of 212-132 (.616)

The Broncos are coming off two losses at UNR last week after having won 14 of 15 games

Boise State is 14-4 overall this season and 10-3 in MW play

BSU is led in scoring by Derrick Alston with 16.9 ppg, rebounding by Mladen Armus with 7.4 rpg and assists by Ray J Dennis with 3.4 apg

UNLV Head Coach  TJ Otzelberger has a 25-24 (.510) record at UNLV

UNLV has made at least 10 3-pointers in a game in eight of its 17 games this season

43.4% of the Runnin’ Rebels’ shot attempts have come from behind the arc and 38.4% of their points have come on 3-pointers

Since the 3-point field goal was adopted by the NCAA in 1986-87, UNLV has converted at least one 3-pointer in all 1,119 games played

Caleb Grill made 20 3ptFG's in his first 6 games & has made 17 in his last 11 games 

Bryce Hamilton is 98 points from 1,000 

In two games vs USU Hamilton took 13 3ptFG attempts and had 1 3ptFG attempt in two games vs AFA

Hamilton has had 0 3pfFG's made in 4 of his last 5 games

In his last 5 games, David Jenkins has scored 33; 13; 7; 2; 26 points 

UNLV Double - Doubles this season: Diong (2) Hamilton (1)

University of Nevada Las Vegas

30 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

USU and UNLV AD's didn't want Boise to have fans.

I would really like to be able to see Boise State play in person but this just blows me away. Our administration and coaches were willing to exchange home court advantage for a neutral site game so a few thousand select fans could attend.  Our season is hanging by a thread for post season play and this is what we come up with. What a circus. 

12 hours ago, Jalex4141 said:

I would really like to be able to see Boise State play in person but this just blows me away. Our administration and coaches were willing to exchange home court advantage for a neutral site game so a few thousand select fans could attend.  Our season is hanging by a thread for post season play and this is what we come up with. What a circus. 

I was trying to get tickets, lol.

JK, I wouldn't want to see the beat down from a pissed off Boise team. It will be ugly.

15 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

353B872A-E0D2-4079-99B7-ACE5C6157ECE.jpeg.1e71a92ca21f86f07caddf01dba881ed.jpeg   image.jpeg

DATE: Thursday, February 11 / Saturday, February 13
TIME: 7 p.m. PT / 7 p.m. PT
SITE: ExtraMile Arena (13,390), Boise, Idaho
TV: CBS Sports Network (Tom McCarthy, Julianne Viani) / FS1 (Daron Sutton, Wyking Jones)
RADIO: ESPN Radio 1100 AM (Jon Sandler, Curtis Terry)
AUDIO: UNLV Gameday App/TuneIn & UNLVRebels.com
STATS: Live Stats at Gameday App & UNLVRebels.com

Boise State leads the all-time series 11-10

UNLV is 2-7 all-time at Boise State

UNLV has won three of the last five meetings overall

Boise State has won all seven of its games on its home floor this season

The series started back in 1976 with a meeting in the NCAA Tournament

Head Coach Leon Rice is in his 11th season at Boise State with a career record of 212-132 (.616)

The Broncos are coming off two losses at UNR last week after having won 14 of 15 games

Boise State is 14-4 overall this season and 10-3 in MW play

BSU is led in scoring by Derrick Alston with 16.9 ppg, rebounding by Mladen Armus with 7.4 rpg and assists by Ray J Dennis with 3.4 apg

UNLV Head Coach  TJ Otzelberger has a 25-24 (.510) record at UNLV

UNLV has made at least 10 3-pointers in a game in eight of its 17 games this season

43.4% of the Runnin’ Rebels’ shot attempts have come from behind the arc and 38.4% of their points have come on 3-pointers

Since the 3-point field goal was adopted by the NCAA in 1986-87, UNLV has converted at least one 3-pointer in all 1,119 games played

Caleb Grill made 20 3ptFG's in his first 6 games & has made 17 in his last 11 games 

Bryce Hamilton is 98 points from 1,000 

In two games vs USU Hamilton took 13 3ptFG attempts and had 1 3ptFG attempt in two games vs AFA

Hamilton has had 0 3pfFG's made in 4 of his last 5 games

In his last 5 games, David Jenkins has scored 33; 13; 7; 2; 26 points 

UNLV Double - Doubles this season: Diong (2) Hamilton (1)

University of Nevada Las Vegas

FIFY

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

We might not be as good as everyone thinks we are.

Well we all knew you guys played a pretty soft OOC schedule and all your easy MWC games were front-loaded. Dropping a few games was bound to happen, you guys have the talent to win the MWC or at the very least finish strong...it's up to Rice to see if he's got what it takes to rally his team.--If he doesn't then you have to consider if he's the guy after 9 years and 0 NCAA Tourney wins...there's alot of people at UNLV that wish we had that patience with a coach.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

20 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

USU and UNLV AD's didn't want Boise to have fans.

I can see the AD's point. 

Was playing both games in Nampa not an option?  

Why are fans allowed to attend in Nampa but not in Boise? 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

25 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I can see the AD's point. 

Was playing both games in Nampa not an option?  

Why are fans allowed to attend in Nampa but not in Boise?

It sounded like only one game was possible because of a conflict at the Idaho Center. Fans are allowed in Canyon County (Nampa) but not Ada County (Boise) due to the local health districts. Not sure why the AD's think the travel is a big deal though.

image.png.9c07288664aa4f3dd04f85c642bf5abb.png

figure4.png

Because of the luck of the draw, CSU has played road games at Utah State and Wyoming, the only sites that have allowed more than minimal crowds to date. I think the players and coaches will tell you that the crowd can make a difference but that they also enjoy having a more normal feel to a game with fans yelling and screaming. In the case of the games in Laramie, it allowed a good number of CSU fans to get a look at their team in person; an estimated 200 at the first game and 500 at the second game.

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

TJ and Smith are COWARDS for not wanting a few thousand Boise fans at the game.  Especially USU which is allowing fans.

COWARDS I say!

Tromp should get those cowards and Hair on the phone and tell them if they don't accommodate boise, then boise will move to the AAC.  That would straighten out those cowards right F'n now.

Barack Obama

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

Tromp should get those cowards and Hair on the phone and tell them if they don't accommodate boise, then boise will move to the AAC.  That would straighten out those cowards right F'n now.

Agreed!

Tromp, call out TJ for being the coward of a man he is!

I wonder if we can sue?

If anyone is interested in the actual game:  

I think Diong creates a match up problem for Boise. It will take more than that to win but something tells me the collar is getting a little tight in Broncoland.  If one of UNLV 's spot up shooters ( they seem to have a roster full of them) gets hot and Hamilton shows up, I think this will be a competitive game.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

50 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Agreed!

Tromp, call out TJ for being the coward of a man he is!

I wonder if we can sue?

TJ is far from being a coward.

The man took the UNLV job.  That takes some big balls. 

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

If anyone is interested in the actual game:  

I think Diong creates a match up problem for Boise. It will take more than that to win but something tells me the collar is getting a little tight in Broncoland.  If one of UNLV 's spot up shooters ( they seem to have a roster full of them) gets hot and Hamilton shows up, I think this will be a competitive game.

Diong a matchup problem? Lol. Our sumo wrestler Armus will body slam that pencil neck geek.