Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Aztec

2021 Baseball Thread

05/23 - UNM beat SJSU today 8-4 to sweep the series. One more week and this dreadful season is finally over. :tumbleweed:

UCSB sweeps UC Riverside and climbs back into the field, says D1 baseball.  They are right on the bubble.

UC Irvine vs Nevada in Stanford's Regional

https://d1baseball.com/projections/field-of-64-projections-monday-may-24/

With a 4 run lead in the bottom of the ninth at Kansas State, TCU gives up 7 runs to end up Big 12 co-champions.  It probably costs them a national seed and definitely an undisputed conference championship. 

4 minutes ago, masterfrog said:

With a 4 run lead in the bottom of the ninth at Kansas State, TCU gives up 7 runs to end up Big 12 co-champions.  It probably costs them a national seed and definitely an undisputed conference championship. 

Ouch! Very un TCU like :hmmm:

Since teams have played a different number of MW games this season — Nevada will finish the season with 31 conference games and SDSU with 36 barring any cancelations this weekend — the conference is using winning percentage to determine its champion, which gets an automatic berth into the NCAA Tournament since the league isn't playing a conference tournament in 2021.

The Wolf Pack hosts a four-game series with San Jose State (6-26, 2-15 MW), one of the nation's worst teams, starting Friday at Peccole Park. Nevada's magic number to win the MW entering that series is two (kind of; we'll explain later). UNLV, Air Force, Fresno State, New Mexico, SJSU have been eliminated from MW title contention entering the regular season's final weekend.

That leaves Nevada (18-9 MW) and SDSU (20-13) still in contention, although the Wolf Pack is the heavy favorite. SDSU plays three games at New Mexico and must sweep that series to put some pressure on Nevada.

https://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/scenarios-for-nevada-baseball-to-win-mw-title-clinch-ncaa-tournament-bid

cerified_Subarus.jpg

Kudos to my second favorite college team the West Virginia Mountaineers. They were down by 5 runs and fought back to beat Kansas in the bottom of the ninth in the Big 12 "play in" game. They advance as the #8 seed and will play #1 seed Texas tomorrow.

Now if only San Jose State could win another game before the season ends. They've lost 13 in a row. I'm not greedy, just one win over Nevada this weekend is all I ask. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Q: I forgot the posters handle but he commented and shared info. on college baseball for years here. He's a Nevada fan and used a Frito Lay doll for his avatar. He used to post all of the time during baseball season but I haven't seen one post from him this year. Anybody remember his handle and know what became of him? I hope he's doing well.

15 minutes ago, crixus said:

Kudos to my second favorite college team the West Virginia Mountaineers. They were down by 5 runs and fought back to beat Kansas in the bottom of the ninth in the Big 12 "play in" game. They advance as the #8 seed and will play #1 seed Texas tomorrow.

Now if only San Jose State could win another game before the season ends. They've lost 13 in a row. I'm not greedy, just one win over Nevada this weekend is all I ask. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Q: I forgot the posters handle but he commented and shared info. on college baseball for years here. He's a Nevada fan and used a Frito Lay doll for his avatar. He used to post all of the time during baseball season but I haven't seen one post from him this year. Anybody remember his handle and know what became of him? I hope he's doing well.

@wolfpack1

12 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Thank you. I just checked his page and he hasn't posted since May 5 of last year. I can't help but wonder if Covid-19 got him? As you know he was a big college baseball fan and basically led the baseball thread for years. He's a good guy and I miss his insight.

17 minutes ago, crixus said:

Thank you. I just checked his page and he hasn't posted since May 5 of last year. I can't help but wonder if Covid-19 got him? As you know he was a big college baseball fan and basically led the baseball thread for years. He's a good guy and I miss his insight.

Hopefully they just got tired of reading all the bickering over Covid on here instead of getting Covid