Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Aztec

2021 Baseball Thread

* UPDATED 5/27 *

Team Overall Record Conference Record  
Nevada 21-18 18-9  
San Diego State 28-15 20-13  
UNLV 20-13 15-12  
Air Force 24-21 16-15  
Fresno State 19-23 15-16  
New Mexico 15-23 9-15  
San Jose State 6-26 2-15  

Next Week's Games Opponent Time Media

Air Force      
Friday, May 28, 2021 Fresno State 12 PM MT MWN
Friday, May 28, 2021 Fresno State 4 PM MT MWN
Saturday, May 29, 2021 Fresno State 11 AM MT MWN

Fresno State      
Friday, May 28, 2021 at Air Force 11 AM PT MWN
Friday, May 28, 2021 at Air Force 3 PM PT MWN
Saturday, May 29, 2021 at Air Force 10 AM PT MWN

Nevada      
Friday, May 28, 2021 San Jose State 5 PM PT MWN
Saturday, May 29, 2021 San Jose State 1  PM PT MWN
Saturday, May 29, 2021 San Jose State 5 PM PT MWN
Sunday, May 30, 2021 San Jose State 1  PM PT MWN

New Mexico      
Friday, May 28, 2021 San Diego State 1 PM MT MWN
Friday, May 28, 2021 San Diego State 4:30 PM MT MWN
Saturday, May 29, 2021 San Diego State 12 PM MT MWN

San Diego State      
Friday, May 28, 2021 at New Mexico 12 PM PT MWN
Friday, May 28, 2021 at New Mexico 3:30 PM  PT MWN
Saturday, May 29, 2021 at New Mexico 11 AM PT MWN

San Jose State      
Tuesday, May 28, 2021 at Nevada 5 PM PT MWN
Saturday, May 29, 2021 at Nevada 1  PM PT MWN
Saturday, May 29, 2021 at Nevada 5 PM PT MWN
Sunday, May 30, 2021 at Nevada 1  PM PT MWN

UNLV      
NO GAMES SCHEDULED      

Welcome back baseball fans!  We will be doing another season long rendition of the baseball thread, primarily centered around the MWC, although like last year, where we had a few TCU, UCSB, and Houston fans following along, we welcome those outside of conference, with the reminder that this will be the base board for the MWC, so please consider that before posting.

Let's layout the basics and ground rules:

-This is not a smack thread.  Perhaps some ribbing during a game, but trolling will be modified or posts deleted, and continue trolling will have you asked to no longer post in the thread.  Let's keep this one civil.

-The OP above will serve as the standings and weekly schedule, updated at the end of Sunday's games, hopefully. Please don't  be mad if there is a delay.  I also will throw one in the main body of the thread as a regular post.

-I will try to be diligent with the rankings, and will update when the new ones come out, and will list them for the opponents as well.  It will be in NCBWA/D1Baseball.com order  .

That's it for rules, I believe we will be just fine without much work on our parts.

:banana::USFlag::banana::USFlag:

Looking at SDSU's schedule before first pitch @East Coast Aztec, I notice the Aztecs only have two nonconference series lined up - "Little Sister" and UCSD.  Limiting travel outside California to MW opponents

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

Looking at SDSU's schedule before first pitch @East Coast Aztec, I notice the Aztecs only have two nonconference series lined up - "Little Sister" and UCSD.  Limiting travel outside California to MW opponents

Yeah, plus looks like no mid-week games.  Hard to prove an at-large with this schedule.

18 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Hey, where's Boise State? :ph34r:

You can find three of their players at Cal Poly. Reagan Doss, Joe Yorke and Travis Weston.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2021-02-06/2021-big-west-baseball-preview-who-can-challenge-uc-santa-barbara

The newest Mustangs will make up a huge part of this 2021 season, perhaps more than any other group of newbies in all of the Big West. The biggest influx will be three transfers from Boise State, which unfortunately disbanded its program after just bringing it back for the first time since 1980. But the Broncos loss will be the Mustangs gain.

OF Reagan Doss hit .333 with two home runs for Boise last spring and could find a home in right field to take advantage of his big-time arm.

In contention at the first base position will be BSU transfer Joe Yorke, who hit .275 last spring.

Finally, watch for LHP Travis Weston, who spent last spring as Boise’s Friday night starter, going 1-2, 5.06. But this past summer he really blossomed, gaining 43 strikeouts and issuing just five walks in 36 innings in the Northwoods League. 

I have not heard any news as the where UNM has made any plans to play their home games somewhere out of state. 
I hope they can play in Colorado or Arizona. Texas would be a “last option” I would hope.

But right now, it’s looking like as with all the other UNM teams, New Mexico Baseball will be the ‘Road-bos’ as well.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 2/10/2021 at 8:42 PM, Vandytig5 said:

SJSU hasn't posted their schedule yet but they open the season with a 4 game series starting February 19th at Arizona State.

Scratch that... Arizona State replaced SJSU with Sacramento State. The Spartans are yet to name a replacement series, but Stanford also has an opening that weekend so hopefully the two can match up.

On 2/10/2021 at 10:36 AM, jdgaucho said:

SDSU's series with UCSD is now four games.  Two games at Tony Gwynn Stadium, then a double header at Triton Ballpark.  These will be the Tritons' first baseball contests at the D1 level.

Aztecs also add a nonconference home series vs Dixie State sandwiched between road series at Fresno and Nevada

D1Baseball's preseason NCAA Tournament bracket has #11 seed UC Santa Barbara hosting Kent State, with SDSU vs Arizona State.  

https://d1baseball.com/top-stories/2021-crystal-ball-preseason-field-of-64/