Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

National Anthem before games?

On 2/10/2021 at 4:58 PM, RSF said:

No, it's not.  It's played before EVERY sporting event in this country.  And some spare Cavs vs Kings NBA game isnt an important event any more than some movie is.  It's 2 hours of entertainment (if you're lucky), nothing more.  Save it for 'important' events?  OK, that's a valid discussion.  International events, where anthems actually have a place?  Absolutely.

Dude, I said it’s played before important events that most would consider important, and that’s a fact. But from that point down, why have a dumb argument regarding semantics with what is defined as important or not.  OK, so it’s your thing to play the National Anthem right before you jack off because it’s such an important event for you. Yeah, I get that. But no one else thinks it’s important. 

kat.jpg

On 2/10/2021 at 10:52 AM, tspoke said:

It is a strange tradition. Ive heard people in other countries baffled by the fact we do this. Unless it is a national game where two countries are playing I don't think it is needed.

They play the national anthem in Finland before SM-Liiga hockey games. I know they do in the Russian KHL as well.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

On 2/11/2021 at 6:40 AM, renoskier said:

Could it be the Jimi Hendrix version...please?

That was my thought right as I saw your post. I always used to put that on to get my Dad riled up...

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say