Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maynard Delecto

2021 Mountain West Softball

On 3/24/2021 at 7:16 PM, doggystyleu2 said:

I am a big San Jose Spartan softball fan, I hate to see them struggling, I thought they would be just as good as last year very impressed with their team last year, hopefully they get some recruits and they can get back to where they were.:shrug:

Our program builder, Coach Turner, got canceled. So there's a new coach, new system, the best players bolted, all that jazz. 

The new coach's small ball coaching philosophy is well suited to our big ballpark, so there's that.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

Boise State's 2021 softball recruiting class recently added one more commit for 2022.  These are the 2022 recruits for Boise State softball that I'm aware of to date - including the latest (who is listed last here)

Rylan Ewoldt - SS/3B/C - 2021 H.S. graduate - Lincoln Southeast H.S. - Lincoln, NE.
MyKenzie Hanna  - 1B/OF - 2021 H.S graduate - Chino Hills H.S. - Chino Hills, CA.
Acacia Anders - SS/2B/C - 2021 H.S graduate - Vacaville H.S. - Vacaville, CA.
Sydney Groves - 1B/3B/SS - 2021 H.S. graduate - Eagle H.S. - Eagle, ID.
Kasey Aguina - P/OF - 2021 H.S. Graduate - Heritage H.S. - Brentwood, CA.
Brook Thompson - P - 2021 H.S. Graduate - Rocklin H.S. - Rocklin, CA.
Brooklyn Pettis - C/1B - 2021 H.S. Graduate - Elk Grove, CA.
Megan Lake - SS/CF - 2021 H.S. Graduate - Mountain Ridge H.S. - Glendale, AZ

That's a total of eight additions for a team that has only four Seniors this season.

10 hours ago, Bronco7454 said:

Boise State's 2021 softball recruiting class recently added one more commit for 2022.  These are the 2022 recruits for Boise State softball that I'm aware of to date - including the latest (who is listed last here)

Rylan Ewoldt - SS/3B/C - 2021 H.S. graduate - Lincoln Southeast H.S. - Lincoln, NE.
MyKenzie Hanna  - 1B/OF - 2021 H.S graduate - Chino Hills H.S. - Chino Hills, CA.
Acacia Anders - SS/2B/C - 2021 H.S graduate - Vacaville H.S. - Vacaville, CA.
Sydney Groves - 1B/3B/SS - 2021 H.S. graduate - Eagle H.S. - Eagle, ID.
Kasey Aguina - P/OF - 2021 H.S. Graduate - Heritage H.S. - Brentwood, CA.
Brook Thompson - P - 2021 H.S. Graduate - Rocklin H.S. - Rocklin, CA.
Brooklyn Pettis - C/1B - 2021 H.S. Graduate - Elk Grove, CA.
Megan Lake - SS/CF - 2021 H.S. Graduate - Mountain Ridge H.S. - Glendale, AZ

That's a total of eight additions for a team that has only four Seniors this season.

Nevada also recruited 8 with only 4 SRs.  Also probably similar all are all conference with 3 also being all state.

Dogs now 27-7, 11-1 in conference 

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

Boise State has won 7 straight games.  Coincidentally it was 7 games ago that the Boise State softball team moved Center Fielder Kelsey Lalor to the leadoff spot in their batting order.

The Boise State softball team lineup by position after 30 games - starters in Bold print:

Catcher - Hailey Hayes (True FR) & Abby Bumcrot (True FR) - 17 games each - Ashlyn Whalen (True FR) - 2 games - Jordyn Hutchins (True FR) - 1 game - Isabelle Butler (SR) - 1 game (NOTE - The starting catcher for the last two seasons, Serena Hutchinson (RS SO), is out for the year after having "Tommy John" surgery.

First Base - Alison Seng (SR) - 30 games

Second Base - Autumn Bennett (RS FR) - 30 games - Jalen Ervin (RS FR) - 6 games - Bobbiann Pratt (True FR) - 1 game

Shortstop - Karlee Johnson (SR) - 27 games - Autumn Bennett (RS FR) - 4 games - Clarissa Moreno (True FR) - 1 game

Third Base - Bella Rocco (RS FR) - 28 games - Ashlyn Whalen (True FR) - 4 games

Right Field - Ashlyn Adams (SR) - 30 games

Center Field - Kelsey Lalor (RS JR) - 30 games - Isabelle Butler (SR) - 1 game

Left Field - Jordyn Hutchins (True FR) - 22 games - India Kelly (RS SO) - 10 games - Isabelle Butler (SR) - 2 games

Designated Player - Ashlyn Whalen (True FR) - 19 games - India Kelly (RS SO), Jordyn Hutchins (True FR) and Bobbiann Pratt (True FR) 5 games each - Hailey Hayes (True FR) - 2 games - Autumn Bennett (RS FR), Abby Bumcrot (True FR) and Bella Rocco (RS FR) 1 game each

P.S. Their schedule this week appears - to me - to be brutal.  They played 3 games vs Utah State yesterday (doubleheader Saturday) and today (1 game Sunday).  Tomorrow (Monday) they play another doubleheader vs Utah Valley and then play at Idaho State on Wednesday of this week.  That's six games in five days.

There are four Seniors listed on this year's Boise State softball team roster.  Namely the following:

Ashlyn Adams - 4th year Senior (Starting RF)

Isabelle Buter - 5th year Senior

Karlee Johnson - 5th year Senior (Starting SS)

Alison Seng - 4th year Senior (Starting 1B)

Yet the recently released list of 2021 Spring graduates for the Boise State softball team are the following:

Softball
Ashlyn Adams, B.S. Health Science Studies [Magna Cum Laude]

• 2019 All-Mountain West First Team
  • 2018, 2019, 2020 Mountain West Scholar-Athlete (Three Times)
  • 2018, 2019, 2020 Academic All-Mountain West (Three Times)
  • 2019 NFCA All-America Scholar-Athlete
  • 2018 NFCA All-Pacific Region Third Team
  • 2018 Mountain West Conference Team Champion
  • 2018, 2019 NCAA Regional Participant (Two Times)
  • Dean's List With Highest Honors (Two Times)
  • Dean's List With High Honors (Two Times)
  • Dean's List With Honors

Isabelle Butler, B.S. Civil Engineering

• 2018, 2019, 2020 Academic All-Mountain West (Three Times)
  • 2018, 2019 NFCA All-America Scholar-Athlete (Two Times)
  • 2018 CoSIDA Academic All-District
  • 2018, 2019 NCAA Regional Participant (Two Times)

Kelsey Lalor, B.S. Sociology

• 2020 Mountain West Scholar-Athlete
  • 2020 Academic All-Mountain West
  • Bronco Spirit Award (Boise State University International Student Services)
  • Dean's List With Highest Honors (Two Times)

Elaina Mayer, B.A. Elementary School Education [Cum Laude]

• 2017, 2019 NFCA All-America Scholar-Athlete (Two Times)
  • 2018 Academic All-Mountain West

Elaina Mayer hasn't been on the Boise State softball team roster since 2020.  Kelsey Lalor is listed as a RS Junior on the current Boise State roster.  And there is no mention of Alison Seng or Karlee Johnson.  So apparently Seng and Johnson have not yet graduated (OR they have already graduated?)

What this would be a shocking an abrupt end for her....... I'm dying to know what the heck is going on.

m_85966f993371c1964e647092f6dc3afd.gif

"Bulldog Born, Bulldog Bred, Bulldog Till The Day I'm Dead"

San Diego State: Following in Fresno State's Shadow Since 1911.

On 5/11/2021 at 6:09 PM, Maynard Delecto said:

Garza = canceled?

If only we could also get the current Boise State head softball coach to not return.  I swear that woman is deliberately TRYING to lose every game they play by repeatedly using the pitcher with the worst E.R.A. on the team (as the starting pitcher) to start off a series against an opponent, not replacing pitchers when they SHOULD be replaced, and not utilizing her best hitters, etc., etc., etc., etc., etc..   LOSING seems to be her agenda.

On 5/12/2021 at 9:26 PM, Bulldog1 said:

What this would be a shocking an abrupt end for her....... I'm dying to know what the heck is going on.

There's a twitter thread between a former player who transferred from that school to Colorado State, and a parent of a current disillusioned player. 

It's the same old story "OMG SHES SO MEAN!!!"

I attended all of the series we played. What's going on doesn't surprise me one bit. Garza is pretty feisty and aggressive. The team never seemed to respond to her coaching style.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

16 hours ago, Maynard Delecto said:

There's a twitter thread between a former player who transferred from that school to Colorado State, and a parent of a current disillusioned player. 

I attended all of the series we played. What's going on doesn't surprise me one bit. Garza is pretty feisty and aggressive. The team never seemed to respond to her coaching style.

:lol:

On 5/14/2021 at 8:50 AM, Maynard Delecto said:

So then my guess on the current disillusioned player is Danielle Lung because where is she? She hasn't pitched the last two weekends. Where is Danielle Lung? Anybody know?

m_85966f993371c1964e647092f6dc3afd.gif

"Bulldog Born, Bulldog Bred, Bulldog Till The Day I'm Dead"

San Diego State: Following in Fresno State's Shadow Since 1911.