Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maynard Delecto

2021 Mountain West Softball

With all of the recent additions to the Boise State softball team I thought I'd do a head count and according to what I have there appears to be a whopping THIRTY ONE players committed to playing on the Boise State softball team.   How can that be right?  I thought the maximum number of players was around 25 players.

Here's how I came up with a total of 31 players for the 2022 Boise State softball team:

2022 BOISE STATE SOFTBALL TEAM

RETURNING STARTERS LISTED IN BOLD PRINT

#22 – Kelsey Lalor – CF – RS SR - 45 GP - 45 GS - .281 BA - .878 OPS
#28 - Jordyn Hutchins - LF-DP - True SO - 44 GP - 42 GS - .276 BA - .887 OPS

#18 - Ashlyn Whalen - DP-3B-2B-C - True SO - 36 GP - 20 GS - .180 BA - .553 OPS
#15 - Hailey Hayes - C-DP - True SO - 29 GP - 26 GS - .256 BA - .661 OPS - Hayes & Bumcrot split playing time at C in 2021
#12 - Abby Bumcrot - C-DP - True SO - 29 GP - 19 GS - .211 BA - .494 OPS
#21 – Serena Hutchingson – C-1B-DP – RS JR - D.N.P. in 2021 (Tommy John Surgery) - Starting C in 2020 and 2019

# 1 - Alison Seng - 1B-3B - RS Senior - 45 GP - 45 GS - .274 BA - .694 OPS
#05 – Autumn Bennett – 2B-SS - True JR - 42 GP - 40 GS - .206 BA - .558 OPS
#27 – Bella Rocco – 3B-DP – True JR - 44 GP - 44 GS - .336 BA - .927 OPS

#17 – Jalen Ervin –2B-DP– RS SO - 22 GP - 7 GS - .148 BA - .364 OPS
#02 – India Kelly – LF-2B-DP – Senior - 33 GP - 12 GS - .189 BA - .458 OPS
# 35 - Bobbiann Pratt - DP-1B-2B - True SO - 25 GP - 9 GS - .229 BA - .671 OPS
# 9 - Clarissa Moreno - SS - True SO - 28 GP - 0 GS - .000 BA - .000 OPS
# 13 - Jordyn Macias - C - RS JR - 0 GP - 0 GS - DNP in 2021

PITCHERS (By Innings Pitched in 2021)
# 14 - Sara Johnson - Senior - 24 GP - 12 GS - 3.09 ERA - 1.25 WHIP - 3-10 W/L - 86 IP
# 24 - Taylor Caudill - True SO 23 GS - 13 GS - 3.45 ERA - 1.31 WHIP - 4-10 W/L - 77 IP
# 19 – Hannah Bailey – RS SR - 28 GP - 6 GS - 2.27 ERA - 1.15 WHIP - 9-1 W/L - 71 IP
# 07 - Kiele Miller - RS SR - 18 GP - 13 GS - 5.53 ERA - 1.69 WHIP - 4-4 W/L - 62 IP
# 16 - Grace Kimball - True SO - 1 GP - 1 GS - 0.00 ERA - 3.00 WHIP - 0-0 W/L - 1.1 IP

NEW SIGNEES FOR 2022 SEASON
Eliyah Flores - 3B -  RS Senior - Transfer from Oklahoma
Alycia Flores - LF/RF/DP - RS Sophomore - Transfer from Oklahoma
Kelsey Hall - RF - RS Sophomore - Transfer from Fresno State
Rylan Ewoldt - SS/3B/C - 2021 H.S. graduate - Lincoln Southeast H.S. - Lincoln, NE.
MyKenzie Hanna  - 1B/OF - 2021 H.S graduate - Chino Hills H.S. - Chino Hills, CA.
Acacia Anders - SS/2B/C - 2021 H.S graduate - Vacaville H.S. - Vacaville, CA.
Sydney Groves - 1B/3B/SS - 2021 H.S. graduate - Eagle H.S. - Eagle, ID.
Kasey Aguina - P/OF - 2021 H.S. Graduate - Heritage H.S. - Brentwood, CA.
Brook Thompson - P - 2021 H.S. Graduate - Rocklin H.S. - Rocklin, CA.
Brooklyn Pettis - C/1B - 2021 H.S. Graduate - Elk Grove, CA.
Megan Lake - SS/CF - 2021 H.S. Graduate - Mountain Ridge H.S. - Glendale, AZ
Mackenzie Jackson - 3B/1B/RF - 2021 H.S. Graduate - Juneau Douglas H.S. - Juneau, AK

13 hours ago, Bluebronco79 said:

This does not take into account the players that are leaving, also I do not believe the incoming list of 2022s are accurate.

5 incoming plus the transfers. 

Sorry but you are wrong about that.   This comes from the 2022 official Boise State team roster and the Seniors who won't be back are not included.  https://broncosports.com/sports/softball/roster

I'm not sure where you got the idea that there are only 5 incoming freshman as all NINE of the incoming freshmen listed above have been PUBLICLY mentioned as incoming freshmen for 2022.

1 hour ago, Bluebronco79 said:

I believe some of the incoming freshmen changed their minds. We will see when the roster is updated again who is actually coming in.   Looking like it’s going to be a great season. New coaches are making good moves. 

Getting Kelsey Hall from Fresno is huge! She will be your best player.

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

On 8/4/2021 at 2:23 PM, 1IvyDog said:

Getting Kelsey Hall from Fresno is huge! She will be your best player.

I am hopeful the new additions elevate the whole team to a new level, I believe they will.   Solid players returning, great players coming in, matched with great coaching is a formula for success. 

On 8/4/2021 at 2:13 PM, Bluebronco79 said:

I believe some of the incoming freshmen changed their minds. We will see when the roster is updated again who is actually coming in.   Looking like it’s going to be a great season. New coaches are making good moves. 

I noticed that the Boise State team roster for 2022 was updated and the only five incoming freshman now listed on the 2022 roster are Ewoldt, Hanna, Lake, Pettis and Thompson.   Which leaves Kasey Aguinaga (pitcher), Acacia Anders (SS/2B/C), Mikelle Anthony (2B/3b - formerly committed to UNLV and just last month committed to Boise State), Sydney Groves (1B/3B/SS - local area player) and Mackenzie Jackson (3B/1B/RF - from Alaska) all in doubt.   Yet Aguinaga's twitter page still lists her as a "Boise State softball commit" https://twitter.com/kaseyaguinaga

Anders is now listed as a California (Berkeley) commit.

Mikelle Anthony - as mentioned above - very recently announced that she was committing to Boise State after originally committing to U.N.L.V.

Sydney Groves is listed on multiple softball recruiting websites as a Boise State commit.

As to Mackenzie Jackson there doesn't appear to be much info available on her .

Yes, I believe Mikelle and Alicia F will still be added. Kasey Aguigana is a 2022 commit, she was a Junior in high school this year.   Lots of talent this year, 30 players will definitely create competition at each position.   Thanks for keeping this post going. 

On 8/14/2021 at 8:01 PM, Bluebronco79 said:

Yes, I believe Mikelle and Alicia F will still be added. Kasey Aguigana is a 2022 commit, she was a Junior in high school this year.   Lots of talent this year, 30 players will definitely create competition at each position.   Thanks for keeping this post going. 

You are correct.  Kasey is a 2022 commit.  My mistake.   I get the feeling you are part of the new Boise State softball team coaching staff.  Or am I wrong about that as well?

Regardless - it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out and who will be starting where.  With a new (and hopefully improved) coaching staff I would have to think that none of the players who started at specific positions last season are guaranteed to be starting at that position in 2022.  I'm sure some of them will be back at their 2021 starting spots - just not all of them.

I thought Alicia and her older sister both indicated on twitter that they were both coming from Oklahoma to Boise.  Neither one of them played for Oklahoma last season - right?

Just curious, don't you have a Blue Turf board to talk about this?  

"Frankly my dear..I don't give a damn"!

6 hours ago, Bronco7454 said:

You are correct.  Kasey is a 2022 commit.  My mistake.   I get the feeling you are part of the new Boise State softball team coaching staff.  Or am I wrong about that as well?

Regardless - it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out and who will be starting where.  With a new (and hopefully improved) coaching staff I would have to think that none of the players who started at specific positions last season are guaranteed to be starting at that position in 2022.  I'm sure some of them will be back at their 2021 starting spots - just not all of them.

I thought Alicia and her older sister both indicated on twitter that they were both coming from Oklahoma to Boise.  Neither one of them played for Oklahoma last season - right?

Not staff, just a fan and found this board.  Looking forward to the season. Not much in the way of softball on forums for Boise state softball. 

Just a hard site to find, a Boise State forum site dedicated to softball might be easier or a Boise state forum site with a Softball tab or whatever.  I’m happy there is a discussion period. Need to promote the sport and discuss more often, going to be in regionals this coming year, Go Broncos!

10 hours ago, Bluebronco79 said:

Just a hard site to find, a Boise State forum site dedicated to softball might be easier or a Boise state forum site with a Softball tab or whatever.  I’m happy there is a discussion period. Need to promote the sport and discuss more often, going to be in regionals this coming year, Go Broncos!

There used to be an Olympic Sports forum on the old Boise State Rivals message site.   But it no longer exists (the Olympic Sports forum).  And that Rivals website - as far as I can tell-  is about as dead as can be.  It looks like the last messages posted anywhere on that site were from December of 2020.

There are also several national softball forums where once in a blue moon there is a thread on Boise State or Mtn West softball.

The Other Sports forum on San José State's homer board has some knowledgeable softball posters and good discussion. 

Given that the guy who just bought the board is a total jocksniffer and gave our sport and this thread the middle finger, you guys should consider bringing your business to someplace where it would be more welcome.

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

On 8/3/2021 at 6:08 AM, Bronco7454 said:

Sorry but you are wrong about that.   This comes from the 2022 official Boise State team roster and the Seniors who won't be back are not included.  https://broncosports.com/sports/softball/roster

I'm not sure where you got the idea that there are only 5 incoming freshman as all NINE of the incoming freshmen listed above have been PUBLICLY mentioned as incoming freshmen for 2022.

I believe baseball can have 35 players with 27 on at least 1/4 scholarship???

On 8/17/2021 at 9:54 AM, Bronco7454 said:

This is a thread about Mtn West Softball.  Last I heard Boise State is in the MWC and has a softball team so THIS is the place to discuss it. 

6 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

I believe baseball can have 35 players with 27 on at least 1/4 scholarship???

I think they can break it up as much as they want.  Softball generally carries less players but has the same amount of scholarships.