Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Subcanis

Vigen to Montana State

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

12 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

I don't know why Montana State chose him, but it sure as hell gives us a chance to bring in an OC that does more than run up the middle.

Yes there is a chance but..........

ONLY if Coach Bohl is getting pressure to evolve his offense.  The buck stops with the head coach and seems to me he was more than supportive of Vigen and the status quo.  Coach Bohl knows how to recruit and coach defense.  He knows how to recruit and coach O-line and RB's.  If going forward Wyoming can field even a competent passing game the Cowboys could annually be competeing in the top half of the conference.  If he keeps his philospohy and hires Vigen 2.0 then the Cowboys will continue to hover at or just above .500.  The offense must evolve.  Wyoming must recruit and coach for a more balanced offense.

I think he could be a good HC. His main problem was GameDay playcalling so now if he doesn't have to do that he could be very successful. 

Now we have to find a new OC. I'm kinda scared because maybe we learn it wasn't vigens fault. And I worry about being careful what we wish for. 

2 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I think he could be a good HC. His main problem was GameDay playcalling so now if he doesn't have to do that he could be very successful. 

Now we have to find a new OC. I'm kinda scared because maybe we learn it wasn't vigens fault. And I worry about being careful what we wish for. 

Yep, Vigen was on Bohl's staff for 17 years, 11 of which as his OC.  I'm quite sure the vanilla and all too often unimaginative offense was not just Vigen.

26 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

I don't know why Montana State chose him, but it sure as hell gives us a chance to bring in an OC that does more than run up the middle.

From what I’ve gathered, he wasn’t the first, second, or even third choice. He was pretty far down the list and everyone above declined. 

58 minutes ago, Pokes Forever said:

Never been a Vigen fan but I wish him luck.....looking for an o line coach as well as an OC now.....nota good time to be looking.

That's the first thing I thought of.  Pokes have been yelling to get rid of this guy, and that's fine, but who are you gonna' hire in February on G5 budget to change the course.

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

That's the first thing I thought of.  Pokes have been yelling to get rid of this guy, and that's fine, but who are you gonna' hire in February on G5 budget to change the course.

Literally anyone who can call an offensive game plan that flows with the game. 

tetons1.jpg

4 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Who are you gonna' hire in February on G5 budget to change the course.

Either promote from within or literally any FCS coordinator. Vigen was making $350k as OC, more than most FCS HC’s. Most FCS coordinators are in the $100k’s

2 hours ago, son of a gun said:

At MSU he can recruit athletic criminals from CA that no one will take that will make his offense look OK, and the lower quality defenses will make it look better, as well. Just stay away from convenience stores after dark up there unless you enjoy being in robbery’s. It’s been going on for a long time. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/vault.si.com/.amp/vault/2007/08/13/trouble-in-paradise

kat.jpg

47 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Just stay away from convenience stores after dark up there unless you enjoy being in robbery’s. It’s been going on for a long time. 

Glass houses? Nevada had a player arrested for attempted child rape...this season.

https://www.rgj.com/story/sports/college/nevada/2020/10/09/nevada-football-player-arrested-soliciting-child-prostitution/5941275002

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Either promote from within or literally any FCS coordinator. Vigen was making $350k as OC, more than most FCS HC’s. Most FCS coordinators are in the $100k’s

:idiot: