Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

How many MWC MBBTourney Teams?

MWC MBB Tourney Teams?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How many MWC MBB Teams ultimately make the NCAA Tourney?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/2021 at 03:00 AM

2, with 3 being the upper limit. 

Honestly I think "historical performance" is going to play a larger role this year. So even in a perfect scenario (ie USU/CSU/BSU/SDSU not dropping another game to anyone else in the MW, splitting all their remaining series vs each other, all making the MWT semis, and having the bottom two-at this point CSU and USU- meet in the MWT finals) I think one team will get left out. In that perfect scenario all four would have NET/resume to qualify but I just doubt it happens, I mean unless a bunch of teams have to opt out of the NCAAT related to COVID.

2. Season champ and tourney champ. I envision the at-larges to be like the bowls...a team like Miss State getting an invite simply because the conference they are in. If a team goes .500 in their power conference...they will look at the 7 wins and ignore the 7 losses. The 7 wins will be "marquee". Mid-majors need the ooc to get wins that are recognized. Power conferences do not. The short and lame ooc this year will not work for getting an at-large.

Will the other post season tournaments (NIT, CBI and CIT) be held this year or did they get the Covid kibosh?