Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

Stimulus Bill pretty much hands the house to Republicans

15 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Not one single Republican voted for this package right.. if they had it their way nobody would get anything.

After voting No, some Republicans are now praising the stimulus. They want some credit for helping constituents even after voting no.

Senator Wicker is a Republican from Mississippi.

LOL, conjobs are pissed they can't use the extra state and local funding to give tax cuts to the wealthy.  The Democrats said they can't use the extra money to fund losses due to tax cuts or pensions. 

They were ready to spend the money to eliminate taxes in WV but now they can't!  They need to balance the budget based on their normal revenues if they want to cut taxes and not use a one time benefit to cut their taxes.  Just like cons don't want to subsidize blue states income taxes we don't want to subsidize your tax cuts for the wealthy!

https://www.newsweek.com/joe-manchin-responds-west-virginia-governor-criticizes-major-tax-cut-1575023

:hahaha::hahaha:

Posted Image

On 3/10/2021 at 9:32 PM, FresnoFacts said:

After voting No, some Republicans are now praising the stimulus. They want some credit for helping constituents even after voting no.

Senator Wicker is a Republican from Mississippi.

I'm defending him a bit.  It was his (and Synema's) bipartisan amendment that added the restaurant relief to the package.   He actually got it passed through the "vote-a-rama".  So even though the Democrats adopted his amendment, he still voted no on the bill.

But he deserves some credit for this amendment specifically.

On 3/10/2021 at 8:17 PM, IanforHeisman said:

Not one single Republican voted for this package right.. if they had it their way nobody would get anything.

Loop Trump GIF

The wealthy would get Moar tax cuts and get their Industries "saved" once again.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

17 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

Holy Sh**t. I got my stimulus today

That was fast 

I have yet to receive the $600 from the December Stimulus.

You must have connections.

Americans Mayor

14 hours ago, WAC_FAN said:

I'm defending him a bit.  It was his (and Synema's) bipartisan amendment that added the restaurant relief to the package.   He actually got it passed through the "vote-a-rama".  So even though the Democrats adopted his amendment, he still voted no on the bill.

But he deserves some credit for this amendment specifically.

Why ?

After getting his amendment included, he literally voted against it.

#Talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Americans Mayor