Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Thursday Nite MWC Hoops: CSU@WYO,USU@Fresno - WHO YA’ GOT?

Not heading to Laramie for tonight’s game. I’ll be in Fort Collins covering the CSU-WYO Women’s game for Ramnation.com. Have to watch the stream of the Mens game simultaneously on my phone.

As for Utah State- Fresno State, the Aggies are a way better team. That being said, I expect a low-scoring, defensive battle in the first game. Utah State really defends the paint well and that is where Fresno usually does their damage. Fresno State is physical on the perimeter and could cause the Aggies’ guards some turnover issues. I’m not going to touch the point spread although I lean toward the Aggies covering. I’m taking the First Half Under of 61. And hoping Utah State doesn’t come out on fire.

No solid picks that really stand out. Rivalry games are never a good bet. Roddy is probably salivating going against a weak Cowboy front line. Sorry Ike you don’t have the bulk or muscle to hold Roddy down. Queta vs Robinson will be a fun matchup to watch. Two future NBA draft picks going against each other. Fresno is a physical team that really plays hard. They’ll give USU a battle. I wouldn’t bet either of these games, but if I had to it would be both favorites to cover. 

Wyo gonna get wrecked. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

No solid picks that really stand out. Rivalry games are never a good bet. Roddy is probably salivating going against a weak Cowboy front line. Sorry Ike you don’t have the bulk or muscle to hold Roddy down. Queta vs Robinson will be a fun matchup to watch. Two future NBA draft picks going against each other. Fresno is a physical team that really plays hard. They’ll give USU a battle. I wouldn’t bet either of these games, but if I had two it would be both favorites to cover. 

Been waiting for the Queta Robinson matchup all year.  That alone makes it a must watch game for MWC fans.

CSU-Wyoming is always fun.  CSU is a bad matchup on paper for Wyoming but it's a rivalry game, things happen.

5 hours ago, wyo 1 said:

Utah State wins, and the Pokes by 23! 
Beat the sheep.

I know us Poke fans are known for drinking....but it’s too early in the day to be this drunk!  I’m going to watch in person and I hope the Pokes pull of the upset but I’m not optimistic.

12 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

I know us Poke fans are known for drinking....but it’s too early in the day to be this drunk!  I’m going to watch in person and I hope the Pokes pull of the upset but I’m not optimistic.

Keep an ear out for all the wrist slapping CSU does down low. I would assume they haven't changed too much.

18 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

Keep an ear out for all the wrist slapping CSU does down low. I would assume they haven't changed too much.

@Headbutt and I were discussing the 25 fouls a game Roddy is good for.  Linder has to keep his cool, if he complains about your guys getting mugged he will get T'ed up.  Discipline Linder!!!

55 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

Lol, I was just wishful thinking and waiting for these silly sheep to start yelling boot. 

I was headed down but they closed the roads on I80 from the west.

43 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

@Headbutt and I were discussing the 25 fouls a game Roddy is good for.  Linder has to keep his cool, if he complains about your guys getting mugged he will get T'ed up.  Discipline Linder!!!

LOL. I remember that. That was the night Boise was thugging it up, and Rice went full out 12 year old girl because they weren’t calling Boise flops. 

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Linder and his staff have been T'd up a few times this year. I don't mind it.

I just know as a Pokes fan going down to Moby Gym and being right there in those stands underneath the hoop, it sounded like a chick fight with all the slapping and scratching the Rams always did.

But... it worked. Just gotta be ready for it. Nothing wrong with playing a girl! It's  the Me Too Age!

6 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

I just know as a Pokes fan going down to Moby Gym and being right their in those stands underneath the hoop, it sounded like a chick fight with all the slapping and scratching the Rams always did.

But... it worked. Just gotta be ready for it. Nothing wrong with playing a girl! It's  the Me Too Age!

LOL

9 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

I just know as Pokes fan going down to Moby Gym and being right their in those stands underneath the hoop, it sounded like a chick fight with all the slapping and scratching the Rams always did.

This all sounds 100% correct.

23 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

This all sounds 100% correct.

Kigab got a couple of good quick whacks on Roddys wrists in the last game. The first was a foul. The second he knocked the ball free and got a steal. Medved took exception and got the T. Lol.