Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Nine Boise State Seniors from 2020 will be returning for 2021

They are:

1. Donte Harrington (Center/Guard) - He will be returning but has gained another year of eligibility due to injuries in the past

2. Riley Whimpey (LB) - Starter

3. Jake Stetz (OG) - Starter

4. C. T. Thomas (WR) - Starter

5. Octavius Evans (WR) - Starter

6. Kekaula Kaniho (NB/S) - Starter

7. Joel Velasquez (PK) - Starter

8. Uzo Osuji (OT)

9. Brock Miller (LB)

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Feels like Octavius Evans has been on the roster for ten years. And 90% of that time he was hurt or didn't play.

Yeah, has shown some good flashes - injuries suck.

Had two touchdown receptions as a true freshman back when Rypien was QB.

3 hours ago, Bronco7454 said:

I never thought there was any doubt about that.  It was a given as far as I was concerned.  The only question was/is could the school afford to cover the cost of the extra scholarships?

The infamous Harsin emails alluded to the then AD saying they weren't going to pay for more than 85.  This appears to say they will fund more than 85.

Although signing day makes it unclear how far they will go above it.

By my count there are 'roughly' 71 scholarship players currently on the roster (including the 9 super-seniors).  Then there are the 16 signees and 1 transfer.  That's only 88 dudes (will be 85 after normal attrition this summer). I was expecting it to me more like 94 after the class is fully signed.  Maybe it will be - coaches have said they are patiently looking at some transfers for OL/DL/secondary.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hey @Aslowhiteguy suck each one of my nuts you piece of shit.

I thought you only had a half of one nut.  Or was that your brain?😜

Did I ever say you couldn't go over 85?  I did say, incorrectly, that BSU wasn't going to offer scholarships to the seniors. I thought I had read something to that affect.

Now kiss my slow white ass.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

11 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I thought you only had a half of one nut.  Or was that your brain?😜

Did I ever say you couldn't go over 85?  I did say, incorrectly, that BSU wasn't going to offer scholarships to the seniors. I thought I had read something to that affect.

Now kiss my slow white ass.

I told you that you were wrong.  Also it is effect you slow white ass.

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You know I love you.

Boise bout to do clown sex stuff to the MWC.

I know they will.  But will they win any games? 

I've heard your players have voted to opt of sprints and pushups once spring practice starts.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

16 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Won't matter, we WILL have a quality QB (probably 3). 

SDSU, Boise, Vegas, Nevada all will have 4* QBs. Plus Starkel a pretty high 3* at SJSU.  It looks to me that the top 4 or so teams could be really good and have solid depth.

8 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

SDSU, Boise, Vegas, Nevada all will have 4* QBs. Plus Starkel a pretty high 3* at SJSU.  It looks to me that the top 4 or so teams could be really good and have solid depth.

Point being- we have beat you with much less (at that position) over the years. Add- we have RB's and play a little D too.

Record?

1 hour ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Point being- we have beat you with much less (at that position) over the years. Add- we have RB's and play a little D too.

Record?

Never has a fan base been more proud of a .500 record.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

1 hour ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Record?

Leave it to a delusional SDSU "fan" who - in a thread that is all about BOISE STATE's super Seniors - is desperately trying to hype SDSU.  Pathetic in the extreme.  Seek psychiatric help.

14 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

The infamous Harsin emails alluded to the then AD saying they weren't going to pay for more than 85.  This appears to say they will fund more than 85.

Although signing day makes it unclear how far they will go above it.

By my count there are 'roughly' 71 scholarship players currently on the roster (including the 9 super-seniors).  Then there are the 16 signees and 1 transfer.  That's only 88 dudes (will be 85 after normal attrition this summer). I was expecting it to me more like 94 after the class is fully signed.  Maybe it will be - coaches have said they are patiently looking at some transfers for OL/DL/secondary.

My count total is 89 - at this point.  However Avalos has already publicly stated that they will be signing more transfers from the transfer portal.   If you subtract 9 from 89 you get 80. So that - apparently - leaves 5 more possible scholarships to give to those transfers.

BOISE STATE OFFENSE SCHOLARSHIPS - 42

QB's - 5

RB's - 6

WR's - 12

TE's - 4

OL - 15

BOISE STATE DEFENSE SCHOLARSHIPS - 43

STUD's - 4

DT's - 5

NT's - 4

DE's - 4

WLB's - 5

MLB's - 4

CB's - 8

NB's - 3

S's - 6

BOISE STATE SPECIAL TEAMS SCHOLARSHIPS - 4

PK's - 2

P's - 1

LS - 1

As someone who has been out of college for like 15 years I feel like most any player that opts out will regret it later on.  Why not play a free year?  In hurry to go work some corp job that sucks and be bored?  I get that you are excited when you graduate, but pretty sure most will wish they played.