Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

Lobos Possibly Ending Season

5 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Yeah, it probably improves your chances.

??? At best we'll have two less games.  The only way it improves SDSU's chances is if Dutcher can find a high level opponent or two to replace UNM *and* SDSU wins the game(s). It sounds like Dutcher has already been turned down (again) by Gonzaga & Houston. Chances aren't looking good for finding two quality replacement games and may only be slightly better to find a single replacement game. In none of the scenarios does it help with the Aztecs outlook for MWC conference.  

We once had a soccer game in HS called as a forfeit because CBP/INS had made the rounds and they didn't have enough players show up to play.

If that was a forfeit, so should a situation where players pie out like Nancy F*ckaing Kerrigan just because their season sucks. ManTF up and play it out, girls. :waiting:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

23 minutes ago, sancarlosaztec said:

??? At best we'll have two less games.  The only way it improves SDSU's chances is if Dutcher can find a high level opponent or two to replace UNM *and* SDSU wins the game(s). It sounds like Dutcher has already been turned down (again) by Gonzaga & Houston. Chances aren't looking good for finding two quality replacement games and may only be slightly better to find a single replacement game. In none of the scenarios does it help with the Aztecs outlook for MWC conference.  

Let me understand the logic.  You lose 2 games with low NET/RPI opponent.  The only way to improve is to find high level opponents and win?  Alrighty.  So why wouldn't beating an average D1 program help you just as much as playing UNM?  Do you reason that the committee will punish SDSU for not playing UNM?  Now if you lost playing games against USU or Boise i can see the argument.

48 minutes ago, sancarlosaztec said:

please come back and try again once you understand how NET rankings work

Supposedly, UC Santa Barbara (NET #55) is available.  Aztecs would make good use of that charter flight heading up there :ph34r:

Although a UC Santa Barbara win over SDSU would also give them a quad 1 notch and open up their own at-large case.

23 minutes ago, alum93 said:

Let me understand the logic.  You lose 2 games with low NET/RPI opponent.  The only way to improve is to find high level opponents and win?  Alrighty.  So why wouldn't beating an average D1 program help you just as much as playing UNM?  Do you reason that the committee will punish SDSU for not playing UNM?  Now if you lost playing games against USU or Boise i can see the argument.

I think you are probably correct from a empirical POV. The metrics would improve slightly with even an avg D1 program,  But to really improve SDSU's chances, to move the needle so to speak, the Aztecs would need to schedule and win some Q1  games.  If they are able to do that then yes this is a blessing not a curse. Regardless, our chances to win the conference are shot, and i for one care about winning conference, winning conference tourney, and going to the NCAAT and winning games there too. 

9 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

Supposedly, UC Santa Barbara (NET #55) is available.  Aztecs would make good use of that charter flight heading up there :ph34r:

Although a UC Santa Barbara win over SDSU would also give them a quad 1 notch and open up their own at-large case.

Haven't followed the Gouchos. Sounds like a good thing. Maybe Dutcher is working on it?

4 minutes ago, sancarlosaztec said:

I think you are probably correct from a empirical POV. The metrics would improve slightly with even an avg D1 program,  But to really improve SDSU's chances, to move the needle so to speak, the Aztecs would need to schedule and win some Q1  games.  If they are able to do that then yes this is a blessing not a curse. Regardless, our chances to win the conference are shot, and i for one care about winning conference, winning conference tourney, and going to the NCAAT and winning games there too. 

This shouldn't affect your ability to win the MWC tourney or NCAA tourney games one bit.  

7 minutes ago, sancarlosaztec said:

Haven't followed the Gouchos. Sound good like a good thing. Maybe Dutcher is working on it?

Perhaps.   Santa Barbara's two games with Long Beach State this upcoming weekend was initially cancelled due to a positive test in Long Beach's program.  But that positive test was from someone not real close to the team.   While the team itself reportedly tested negative and should be good to go, the schedule still shows our series as cancelled.

1 minute ago, Swoll Cracker said:

It could if they go two weeks without games. Its not easy to turn the switch on and off with pauses.

I took it to mean if SDSU were able to fill at least one of the missing games. 

3 hours ago, wyo 1 said:

Call Gonzaga, I think they’re free until the 11th. Maybe you guys could work something out.

I'll take a quad 1 roadie any day. Few is scared of us though. He said so last time we beat them. 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 minute ago, SDSUfan said:

I'll take a quad 1 roadie any day. Few is scared of us though. He said so last time we beat them. 

I’m sure CSU will look to schedule a top roadie as well if their series with UNM next week is cancelled.  Maybe look toward one of the MVC schools (Loyola, Drake) if they might be available.