Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

2021 February National Letter of Intent signing period begins TOMORROW (Wednesday)

Boise State had two Verbal Commits who did NOT sign their L.O.I. to Boise State in December.  One of which is now committed to Iowa State I believe (Eli Sanders?) and the other is O-lineman Jason White.   Some are saying White will sign with Oregon State.  But frankly I really can't get too excited about this now very hum-drum February signing day. 

In the old days the February L.O.I. signing days were days of unbridled excitement and anticipation.    Today they seem to me to be basically unimportant.   And the fact is whatever areas of need for ANY football program can now be addressed with the top-heavy Transfer Portal.  By top heavy I mean there are far more players in the Transfer Portal than available opportunities for them to transfer elsewhere.

My point ( I guess ) is I really couldn't care less if Boise State signs ANYONE tomorrow.  If they do..............great.............if not..............oh well.

12 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Most of the good players have already signed. 

I think there may be some big portal surprises.

Hey @ph90702 did you see Tate Martel (former Bishop Gorman/OSU/Miami QB) is crystal-balled to UNLV? Huge! (maybe)

There are dozens upon dozens of former 4*/5* guys still in the portal looking for a fresh start.

7 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I think there may be some big portal surprises.

Hey @ph90702 did you see Tate Martel (former Bishop Gorman/OSU/Miami QB) is crystal-balled to UNLV? Huge! (maybe)

There are dozens upon dozens of former 4*/5* guys still in the portal looking for a fresh start.

It is hard to tell what Martell can be.  Outmatched at Columbus, and kinda got shortended at Miami.  

On 2/2/2021 at 8:10 AM, Bronco7454 said:

My point ( I guess ) is I really couldn't care less...

We got our punter back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.  Here's the 7 you've been wondering about.

That leaves out:

S Evan Tyler, ST Sam Whitney, CB Jalen Walker, LB Benton Wickersham, LB Bruno DeRose, OL Donte Harrington, OL Nick Crabtree, TE Mason Sikes, CB Avery Williams, LB Nick Provenzano, TE John Bates.

Wish Jalen Walker would have came back, but there is some really good talent returning at CB (albeit not a ton of depth).

So Boise will return 9 starters on Defense (minus the two CBs) and 9 on offense (TE and RT).

Predictions would be LeBeauf and Reed at the two CB slots.  Osuji into Crabtree's spot at RT.  Smith/Hopper at TE.

1 hour ago, Koji Vu said:

UNLV jumps Boise State for 2nd place. 

What are SJSU, Hawaii and Utah States' plans?

On Boise not being recruiting champs:

Not Safe For Work No GIF

On SJSU, UH, and USU:

Hawai'i - 5 incoming P5 transfers.

SJSU - Only 1 Oregon State transfer plus 12 signed.

USU - 5 P5 incoming transfers, 4 G5 incoming transfers.

I think the portal is going to become a warzone for some of these teams (if they can afford scholarships).

4 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I think the portal is going to become a warzone for some of these teams (if they can afford scholarships).

Seems like there is a solid business case could be made to concentrate on transfers instead of Freshmen.  SDSU used to do something like this in the 70's and they were very successful.

10 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

Seems like there is a solid business case could be made to concentrate on transfers instead of Freshmen.  SDSU used to do something like this in the 70's and they were very successful.

You mean JC transfers?

1 hour ago, Rebels18 said:

@halfmanhalfbronco Yo #3 SUP BITCH You know nothing of college football recruiting as UNLV > Boise 

#2 Recruiting CHAMPS Baby!!!

Lol.  Smaller class.  Lost a 4 star recruit with the coaching change.  Our average rating for recruit is about a point higher than any other school.

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Hawai'i - 5 incoming P5 transfers

Ended up being 7 P5 transfers. Graham really went hard at the transfer portal for the 2021 class using his connections with staff in the midwest. A Total of 9 players are transferring from either P5/FCS schools.

Defense

Utah - Pita Tonga - DL

Oklahoma - Zacchaeus McKinney - DL

Iowa State - Arnold Azunna - DB

Georgia - Hugh Nelson II - DB

McNeese State - Colby Burton - DB

Baylor - Solomon Turner - LB

Offense

Georgia - Kolby Wyatt - TE

Stanford - Caleb Phillips - TE

Howard - Dedrick Parson - RB

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Great pickup. He’s Mattison 2 but with better vision and moves. He’s also a helluva blocker. 

It was a desperate need too. Harsin had slipped on recruiting RB's after Holani and we saw how weak the O was when Holani went down.