Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

Sunday MWC Hoops:UNLV@Nevada - WHO YA GOT?

35 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

H1727D7E4-38E5-4DB5-94A4-C6F1ECE151A6.jpeg

Have at it derelicts.

I’m gonna stew on this one. Based on @ph90702 predicting a UNLV sweep earlier in the week, I’m considering UNLV at +112 on the Moneyline. Can someone from Nevada talk me off the ledge?

UNLV is better than UNR.  They lost TWICE to Wyoming.  UNLV beat Utah State.  We’ve played a much tougher schedule and are battle tested.

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

UNLV is better than UNR.  They lost TWICE to Wyoming.  UNLV beat Utah State.  We’ve played a much tougher schedule and are battle tested.

Doesn't look like the bookmakers agree with you. UNLV hasn't done anything on the road this year other than beating a pretty bad KSU team. I'd be surprised if the series doesn't result in a split, but I think I would take Nevada and lay the 2.5 in game 1...home team has pretty consistently been winning game one with the visitor coming back to take game 2 with these back to backs.

Sherfield >Hamilton

Washington-Hymes-Robinson-Meeks = too much size for the Rebs to handle  Alford is the better coach.

I think this one goes to the Pack

Side bet; Diong fouls out

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

22 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Sherfield >Hamilton

Washington-Hymes-Robinson-Meeks = too much size for the Rebs to handle  Alford is the better coach.

I think this one goes to the Pack

Side bet; Diong fouls out

Add this to your side bet: Washington, Hymes, and Foster... 2 will foul out :facepalm:

Money really coming on Nevada line is now -3.5. 

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

I wonder if that's why the line has moved :shrug:

He's been shooting like 4 for 26 since he injured (and had been playing hobbled) on it. 90% of his game is driving to the hoop and beating his man for mid-range pull-ups---if he's hobbled he's a complete liability which is why we failed to sweep Utah St.

Smart money is def on UNR if that's the case. UNLV will need Jenkins to put up 30+ to win.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

9 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

He's been shooting like 4 for 26 since he injured (and had been playing hobbled) on it. 90% of his game is driving to the hoop and beating his man for mid-range pull-ups---if he's hobbled he's a complete liability which is why we failed to sweep Utah St.

Smart money is def on UNR if that's the case. UNLV will need Jenkins to put up 30+ to win.

Now at -4. 

2 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:
covers.com Consensus on Nevada, (77%).  
Line now -3.5.

give the points. I really don't think this game is going to be close.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 minute ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Sooner or later unlv will get an upset win over The Pack.  But it won't be tonight.  Tonight's game will make it 7 in a row for NV.  

😂.  UNR is the only team in the MW that TJ Otzelberger didn’t beat last year.  He will right the ship tonight.