Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Gamestop???

Damn, its hard not to get cynical as you get older.

Politics.  Work.  The stock market.

Its all dirty as shit.  Im really starting to understand what Tolkein was talking about when he wrote mans gift was mortality.

They are manipulating the market, and this will end badly.  But it sure illustrates how the insiders have been manipulating the market all along.

3 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I was just cruising an AAC board, and they can’t even begin to get their heads around the whole concept of what short selling is because they’re not aware of any publicly traded companies whose products are involved in penis size reduction. Totally stumped they are, no pun intended. 

Convert, you can be funny as hell from time to time.

On 1/30/2021 at 7:54 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Convert, you can be funny as hell from time to time.

It could be cheesy, dorky, sort of funny...I just post things to do my part in an attempt to prevent the board from getting too cliche and boring. Just like one of the awful Vietnam War sayings “Kill them all and let God sort them out.” I throw out any jokes that I can think of, and then let the people that read them sort them out.

It’s kind of like losing your loosely fitted wedding ring into a full dumpster while dumping in some garbage. And then your wife makes sure you jump in, sort the garbage out and find it. 

True story. Back in the day not long after my parents got married, men wearing wedding rings seemed to be much more common. Anyway, my dad was doing some digging out back, so he took off his ring and put in on the top of a fence. He hated wearing rings.

Not long after that, a crow flew down and swiped his ring. Never saw it again. Of course my mom said “You have to be kidding. That’s the best phony excuse you can come up with?”

I recently had a really bad dream where I died and then God showed up to take me to hell. As we were descending, we passed right by Heaven, and it became obvious that some of the people just inside the gate were taunting us for not making the cut. 

I saw a whole bunch of past BYU alumni dancing around with just their chastity belts on yelling “We told you so, we told you so!!” I was like “God, WTF is all this?” God’s like: “yeah, there’s been a little bit of an exaggeration on earth as to how great heaven really is.”

kat.jpg

8 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

Down 130 today to below 100/share.

... good time to short. lol

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

If you are watching /r/WallStreetBets, it's a lesson in how people quickly believe in QAnon-like conspiracies when there's nothing there.

That said, unless you put more in than you could have afford, I think the best strategy is to hold at this point.

22 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

It could be cheesy, dorky, sort of funny...I just post things to do my part in an attempt to prevent the board from getting too cliche and boring. Just like one of the awful Vietnam War sayings “Kill them all and let God sort them out.” I throw out any jokes that I can think of, and then let the people that read them sort them out.

It’s kind of like losing your loosely fitted wedding ring into a full dumpster while dumping in some garbage. And then your wife makes sure you jump in, sort the garbage out and find it. 

True story. Back in the day not long after my parents got married, men wearing wedding rings seemed to be much more common. Anyway, my dad was doing some digging out back, so he took off his ring and put in on the top of a fence. He hated wearing rings.

Not long after that, a crow flew down and swiped his ring. Never saw it again. Of course my mom said “You have to be kidding. That’s the best phony excuse you can come up with?”

I recently had a really bad dream where I died and then God showed up to take me to hell. As we were descending, we passed right by Heaven, and it became obvious that some of the people just inside the gate were taunting us for not making the cut. 

I saw a whole bunch of past BYU alumni dancing around with just their chastity belts on yelling “We told you so, we told you so!!” I was like “God, WTF is all this?” God’s like: “yeah, there’s been a little bit of an exaggeration on earth as to how great heaven really is.”

"My Secret Life, chapter three." (Story from the previous chapter.) I was neither a murder suspect, nor a target for an international spy organization. But I drove a car down the Jersey Turnpike at 80 mph. ...A police officer pulled me over and asked for my driver's license. He said I was going 20 mph over the speed limit. I instantly pointed to my wife and said, "I'm in a hurry, my wife is in labor." Fortunately, my wife actually had a big stomach. I hoped he'd let me go with this excuse. "Oh, since it's an emergency. I'll lead you to the hospital with my police car," he said. "No, it's not necessary." "Why not?" asked the officer. "Uh... well..." "Let's get going," said the officer... "No, no! We can't! This baby is a demon child!"

2 hours ago, WAC_FAN said:

If you are watching /r/WallStreetBets, it's a lesson in how people quickly believe in QAnon-like conspiracies when there's nothing there.

That said, unless you put more in than you could have afford, I think the best strategy is to hold at this point.

I had fun making fun of the Jr Gordon Gekkos in class today...lol