Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Reddit $$$$$

7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yep, Melvin could very well be phucked. They've kept doubling down on their shorts, and it seems as though most of those margins come due on Friday. 

FRIDAY!? What the +++++ are they thinking!?

man if ANYONE had had a crazy call on gamestop a month ago they'd already be screwed

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

One of the more amusing phenomenons I've seen are the massive influx of brand new reddit accounts showing up in /r/wallstreetbets telling people to get out now for x, y, or z reasons. Or posting new threads trying to prop up some of the other potential targets like BB, BBBY, or AMC.

10 minutes ago, happycamper said:

FRIDAY!? What the +++++ are they thinking!?

man if ANYONE had had a crazy call on gamestop a month ago they'd already be screwed

Some of them were monthly and others were weekly taken out last Friday when it was still around $60. 

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

One of the more amusing phenomenons I've seen are the massive influx of brand new reddit accounts showing up in /r/wallstreetbets telling people to get out now for x, y, or z reasons. Or posting new threads trying to prop up some of the other potential targets like BB, BBBY, or AMC.

lollolololol

"TOTALLY NOT HEDGE FUND MAN # 45"

"omg u guys this is totally over and do you see how high it is now is actually a perfect time for all you uneducated idiots who had to settle for state school I mean us smarties to short the stock ourselves!"

Although.... it is probably not a terrible time to short the stock ourselves :shots:

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

EstEK-YXIAAFqM9?format=jpg&name=small

"Here's how the short sellers can still win"

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

It apparently got as high as $350 this morning in pre-market, but then CNBC reported that Melvin had exited its short positions yesterday. It dropped as far as $190 after that, and then came back up after they said that they hadn't actually confirmed it. It's back up near $250 again now.

7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

It apparently got as high as $350 this morning in pre-market, but then CNBC reported that Melvin had exited its short positions yesterday. It dropped as far as $190 after that, and then came back up after they said that they hadn't actually confirmed it. It's back up near $250 again now.

My AMC meme stock went up 200% overnight. Jeeesus Christ.  Time to sell some of that at least, there's no underlying fundamentals or significant short squeeze going on there, mostly just hype. 

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

1 minute ago, youngredbullfan said:

My AMC meme stock went up 200% overnight. Jeeesus Christ.  Time to sell some of that at least, there's no underlying fundamentals or significant short squeeze going on there, mostly just hype. 

Yeah, I'm regretting not getting in on that yesterday before the spike. Oh well, win some and lose some.

6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yeah, I'm regretting not getting in on that yesterday before the spike. Oh well, win some and lose some.

so... amc meme or blackberry meme?

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I'm not about to give any sort of advice there. I'm probably going to be out on this for a bit after the GME stuff settles. I'll probably re-invest my profits into TSLA, a computer upgrade, and a new desk chair. 

I'm really curious what the full effect of the Elon tweet last night is going to be at open this morning. The price has been bouncing between $200-250 pre-market since I got up at 7am this morning. After his tweet yesterday after hours, it launched from $145 to almost breaking through $250 in a matter of 20-30 minutes. 

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Is this shocking? I thought you knew this was unrealistic, so I figured you would expect these figures?

I expected it, especially after seeing how high the interest was on stocks available for short. That said, it was still just surprising to see it that low after it was in the millions yesterday. 

Honestly though, at this point I'm really just happy to be along for the ride on this thing. It might just be a once in a decade experience. 

34 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Invest your life savings into GME this morning

I am not a financial advisor.

I know nothing about stocks. I've always been terrified to put money in the game after seeing my parents lose almost everything during the 2008 crash and the same for my uncle losing almost everything during the crash that happened back in March. My wife had stocks, but she sold them off a few years ago to pay off her medical debt. I remember reading her stock summary and she had some shares with Gamestop. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

59 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I expected it, especially after seeing how high the interest was on stocks available for short. That said, it was still just surprising to see it that low after it was in the millions yesterday. 

Honestly though, at this point I'm really just happy to be along for the ride on this thing. It might just be a once in a decade experience. 

Happy for ya.  Does this mean you are buying drinks next time I am in CH?