Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Reddit $$$$$

I've been following this for a couple weeks now and just can't wrap my mind around how it can be. It must destroy short vinvestors or the stock market itself. Both cannot exist in this fashion. 

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

I've been following this for a couple weeks now and just can't wrap my mind around how it can be. It must destroy short vinvestors or the stock market itself. Both cannot exist in this fashion. 

They're starting to go after some of the other big highly shorted stocks on the market like AMC now. Melvin Capital has to be absolutely bleeding cash at this point, we'll see if they get another bailout tomorrow. They had to have burned through all of what they got yesterday trying to keep the stock down today. This is really starting to feel less like a meme/cash grab now and more of a Main Street vs. Wall Street thing. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

Tomorrow could actually be a big day. I just looked through the book, and it seems as though the vast majority of options out there that they could try to short with are already ITM. Upon further research, the ones that aren't ITM come with obscene amounts of interest applied to them, and there's less than half a million out there. 

Definitely not advising anyone to get in now. I definitely wouldn't, but the Gamma/Short squeezes are likely very much on the table. 

That's why I'm throwing more at the dip tomorrow morning, if there is one. So many high calls. Now that it's huge international news a bunch of normies, as they'd say on r/wsb, are going to try and get in. People were still loading up when it passed $200. I really think reddit rtards are going to push this over $500.

I think, therefore I'm.

Just now, ClevelandBrown said:

That's why I'm throwing more at the dip tomorrow morning, if there is one. So many high calls. Now that it's huge international news a bunch of normies, as they'd say on r/wsb, are going to try and get in. People were still loading up when it passed $200. I really think reddit rtards are going to push this over $500.

I think $500 --- if it actually gets there --- is my out. That said, I have a limit sell on the books for $5,000 right now just for the hell of it. :rotflmfao:

2 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Just now, retrofade said:

I think $500 --- if it actually gets there --- is my out. That said, I have a limit sell on the books for $5,000 right now just for the hell of it. :rotflmfao:

so are you guys doing all calls and puts or what?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Got in on this Monday morning, panic-sold my measly investment later that day. Bought some more this morning, and I've netted like 500 bucks total so far the past two days just playing around with it lol.

BB and AMC seem like they will be the next targets for these Reddit folks. I bought AMC shares that basically doubled in price the past two days. Similar situation in that they are heavily shorted.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Just now, youngredbullfan said:

Got in on this Monday morning, panic-sold later that day. Bought some more this morning, and I've netted like 500 bucks total so far the past two days just playing around lol.

BB and AMC seem like they will be the next targets for these Reddit folks. I bought AMC shares that basically doubled in price the past two days. Similar situation in that they are heavily shorted.

So, what is happening? people are buying up stocks that are heavily shorted to +++++ hedge funds?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

so are you guys doing all calls and puts or what?

I already sold my shares at $220 and put my profits into blackberry and that's up 10%. I'll likely just put more in and watch the market all day and into the rest of the week, even though I'm on a ski vacation right now 🙃

I think, therefore I'm.

Just now, happycamper said:

So, what is happening? people are buying up stocks that are heavily shorted to +++++ hedge funds?

Yes. If current stock prices hold, at least one hedge fund (Melvin) could become insolvent by next week.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

2 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

I already sold my shares at $220 and put my profits into blackberry and that's up 10%. I'll likely just put more in and watch the market all day and into the rest of the week, even though I'm on a ski vacation right now 🙃

Assuming that I don't phuck up and actually come out of this with a good chunk of change, I'll probably do something similar. But I'll likely be holding $GME until Friday unless something really drastic happens. 

Also, I'll be upgrading my computer. :rotflmfao:

Just now, youngredbullfan said:

Yes. If current stock prices hold, at least one hedge fund (Melvin) could become insolvent by next week.

Yep, Melvin could very well be phucked. They've kept doubling down on their shorts, and it seems as though most of those margins come due on Friday. 

5 minutes ago, ClevelandBrown said:

Yes. It's literally a +++++ing meme play.

I mean... it isn't really that much of a meme play, right? A smart investor found an overshorted stock and just... got enough of it bought to raise it. Which a smart shorting investor should be exceptionally wary of.

While this thing is funny for Melvin, it seems to me like the calls for regulation are silly. Investment involves risk. This is a nice little object lesson to shorters (us included really).