Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Boise State Women's basketball team takes knee. Causes outrage.

Bronco Country, Twitter and comment sections filled with people vowing to boycott the female team (doubt any of them ever watched or went to the games anyways).

I love the first amendment and respect the girls who did this fully knowing they would get blasted from a certain portion of the fanbase.  The same people who actually support the desecration of the american flag by hanging the thin blue line flag.

3 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

They also know anyone on Twitter threatening to boycott the team already wasn't watching.   It's also why the WNBA doesn't give a shit about what people think about BLM, know your fan base.

The experiences of black females in the United States is completely unique, I don't pretend to understand it entirely because I simply can't.  That's the point.  Wish it was not a COVID year, I would go to every remaining game.

The flag belongs as much to them as it does a decorated war vet.

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The same people who actually support the desecration of the american flag by hanging the thin blue line flag.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who recognizes that little bit of hypocrisy.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It's almost as annoying as people turning the flag into articles of clothing, or wearing them as capes.  

I’m totally cool with people doing that. The flag is simply a symbol. If someone wants to wear a star spangled g-string, all the power to em.

Anyone who would boycott the women’s team because of the kneeling demonstration is a dumbass.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

7 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

We need a Kap emoji to emphasize support for the posts in this thread. @mugtang, get it done!

@halfmanhalfbronco, myself, and all the other freedom loving Americans are happy to have you onboard the EmojiNation train!

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’m totally cool with people doing that. The flag is simply a symbol. If someone wants to wear a star spangled g-string, all the power to em.

Anyone who would boycott the women’s team because of the kneeling demonstration is a dumbass.

It is a hypocrisy issue.  Flag desecration has a specific definition.  Wearing one as a cape fits that.  You simply can not say people are "disrespecting the flag" and also be ok with the thin blue line flag, which would be classified as actual desecration.

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It is a hypocrisy issue.  Flag desecration has a specific definition.  Wearing one as a cape fits that.  You simply can not say people are "disrespecting the flag" and also be ok with the thin blue line flag, which would be classified as actual desecration.

Ah, got it. Sorry I misunderstood.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Or replacing it with a Trump flag or hanging your American flag upside down.

My favorite thing about this argument is this nugget of cognitive dissonance...

"my grandpa died in the mud in France for your freedoms." 

"How dare you exercise those freedoms!!!"

17 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Bronco Country, Twitter and comment sections filled with people vowing to boycott the female team (doubt any of them ever watched or went to the games anyways).

I love the first amendment and respect the girls who did this fully knowing they would get blasted from a certain portion of the fanbase.  The same people who actually support the desecration of the american flag by hanging the thin blue line flag.

Division is really good at creating reaction from unwitting participants. That must be why governments love it so #jobsecurity

ezgif-5-959914ff2250.gif.f0cc4fc558f5a154dc6ff5904c80bf34.gif

On 1/25/2021 at 7:17 PM, NVGiant said:

We need a Kap emoji to emphasize support for the posts in this thread. @mugtang, get it done!

I totally support the girls free expression to do that unless there’s some sort of contract they signed onto to not do something like that. I also support the free expression of those that think what the girls are doing is ridiculous.  Instead of an emoji just about Kap, why not mix Kap’s and one for the girls together.

OK, let’s take the piggies from the pair of Kap’s cop pig socks, change them to Miss Piggy’s pigs, and then put them on some pink volleyball knee pads. There’s your emoji. 

But please, no oral cop-ulation jokes. This is a family show..... I think.

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I totally support the girls free expression to do that unless there’s some sort of contract they signed onto to not do something like that. I also support the free expression of those that think what the girls are doing is ridiculous.  Instead of an emoji just about Kap, why not mix Kap’s and one for the girls together.

OK, let’s take the piggies from the pair of Kap’s cop pig socks, change them to Miss Piggy’s pigs, and then put them on some pink volleyball knee pads. There’s your emoji. 

But please, no oral cop-ulation jokes. This is a family show..... I think.

Hey Convert - I’ve checked off three of these for you. Not sure about your motor behavior however. 

21988F22-ACA9-47F8-AD42-DD9C240E97D6.png.cd892cdfed187015da88e4f915bf6f44.png