Jump to content
Stealthlobo

Watches

Recommended Posts

On 12/17/2023 at 8:22 PM, tailingpermit said:

Seems pretty good! Negative reviews arent concerning. And has a lot of watches sold with no issues.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2023 at 10:09 AM, Stealthlobo said:

Seems pretty good! Negative reviews arent concerning. And has a lot of watches sold with no issues.

Thanks, Stealth! I’m going to see what the Vookum guy can find me before pulling the trigger, he’s located in the Diamond district so I will be able to see a range of different prices.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2023 at 9:37 AM, tailingpermit said:

Thanks, Stealth! I’m going to see what the Vookum guy can find me before pulling the trigger, he’s located in the Diamond district so I will be able to see a range of different prices.  

Sounds good, it's a beautiful piece, I'm sure she'll love it! Good luck!

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When your wife buys you a Tag for Christmas, you wear a Tag 

PXL_20231227_2204105242.jpg.2294ad167b75a4763edc5a44bd442fe7.jpg

 

  • Cheers 4

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/22/2023 at 12:18 PM, Stealthlobo said:

Came in today :)

Zenith Chronomaster Sport 

20231122_131901~2.jpg

20231122_131610~4.jpg

20231122_120042~2.jpg

A very cool watch. Heritage and a unique complication - turning the central chrono secondhand into a 6 RPM 1/10th second complication is just cool. I've never been a fan of the Daytona's bezel-based tachy and IMO the Zenith wins the Who Wears It Better contest - the aesthetics of the Zenith just work better for a bezel of that width. If I were in the market for a $7-10K chrono, I'd be mulling this watch over - it's a boardroom-to-the-track watch.

  • Like 1

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/4/2024 at 8:14 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

A very cool watch. Heritage and a unique complication - turning the central chrono secondhand into a 6 RPM 1/10th second complication is just cool. I've never been a fan of the Daytona's bezel-based tachy and IMO the Zenith wins the Who Wears It Better contest - the aesthetics of the Zenith just work better for a bezel of that width. If I were in the market for a $7-10K chrono, I'd be mulling this watch over - it's a boardroom-to-the-track watch.

Thanks, I did a lot of research and waiting on this one. Absolutely love it: from the beautiful movement, to the exterior aesthetics, to the build quality (100m water res with no screw down pushers!), it definitely is the perfect watch for me.

20231214_151236~5.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2024 at 1:31 AM, Stealthlobo said:

@tailingpermit were you ever able to find that Datejust for your lady? 

 

 

Vookum quoted me $15.5 brand new never worn box and papers, was ready to pull the trigger but the lady wants to go to a dealer and try them on first.  She’s also not a fan of the diamonds for dials, but I believe you can’t get the mother of pearl without them. 
 

I’ve been following the Diamond district dealers on tick tock, they’ve been saying that AD’s are getting watches back in stock. Will still buy her Rolex on the grey market when she decides what she wants.

  • Like 1

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been sort of lurking in this thread for awhile. One of my favorites. Some really knowledgeable posters with some incredibly nice time pieces. I have a few day wear watches I rotate through. The one that's on my wrist most frequently lately is a 43mm green gradient Tissot Seastar Powermatic 80.

Cheers  🍻 20240126_143441.jpg.cf39929cfee6e7e863ab04fac70aaef4.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not usually a huge dress watch guy, but I reallly like this microbrand Armand Nicolet I picked up.  I usually avoid deeply discounted watches, but you can pick these up relatively cheaply and they punch way above their price. Work horse ETA Caliber 2824-2. Really nice finishes for well under 1k and imo a really attractive dial. 

20240201_150016.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2024 at 1:41 PM, PTR said:

I've been sort of lurking in this thread for awhile. One of my favorites. Some really knowledgeable posters with some incredibly nice time pieces. I have a few day wear watches I rotate through. The one that's on my wrist most frequently lately is a 43mm green gradient Tissot Seastar Powermatic 80.

Cheers  🍻 20240126_143441.jpg.cf39929cfee6e7e863ab04fac70aaef4.jpg

When the Powermatic 80 first came out, too many enthusiasts bitched about the lower BPH (21.6K) and the use of a silicon balance spring, but the adaptation of silicon balance springs/mainsprings by some more expensive brands (e.g., Zenith) should put that to rest. Similarly, Omega moved their Co-Axial movement to 21.6K BPH in the second generation of the movement, so that shouldn't bother any but the most anal WIS's. And 80 hours of power reserve is a beautiful thing - gets you through even 3-day weekends if you want to wear something else.

Also, that mesh bracelet is the tits. Looks killer on that watch. Nice watch man. :cheers:

  • Cheers 1

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2024 at 2:12 PM, PTR said:

Not usually a huge dress watch guy, but I reallly like this microbrand Armand Nicolet I picked up.  I usually avoid deeply discounted watches, but you can pick these up relatively cheaply and they punch way above their price. Work horse ETA Caliber 2824-2. Really nice finishes for well under 1k and imo a really attractive dial. 

20240201_150016.jpg

I wouldn't consider Armand Nicolet to be a micro brand, as they have a rich history going back nearly 150 years, and managed to stay in operation during the "quartz crisis" of the '70s and '80s that shuttered a lot of independents. It's a beautiful watch from a maker with a rich heritage and a great compliment to the Tissot. 

  • Like 1

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2024 at 4:36 PM, TheSanDiegan said:

When the Powermatic 80 first came out, too many enthusiasts bitched about the lower BPH (21.6K) and the use of a silicon balance spring, but the adaptation of silicon balance springs/mainsprings by some more expensive brands (e.g., Zenith) should put that to rest. Similarly, Omega moved their Co-Axial movement to 21.6K BPH in the second generation of the movement, so that shouldn't bother any but the most anal WIS's. And 80 hours of power reserve is a beautiful thing - gets you through even 3-day weekends if you want to wear something else.

Also, that mesh bracelet is the tits. Looks killer on that watch. Nice watch man. :cheers:

Thanks. I always learn a lot from your posts. Lots of killer watches that are posted 🍻

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2024 at 3:52 PM, PTR said:

Thanks. I always learn a lot from your posts. Lots of killer watches that are posted 🍻

Thanks for the kind words my man! :) Btw, I have come this close [<--- pinching thumb and forefinger together] to picking up a Seastar myself. However, I've migrated to a self-imposed watch hiatus for the foreseeable future so I have to vicariously enjoy yours. If you haven't come across WatchUSeek yet, it's a phenomenal resource - the best on the net IMO.

  • Like 1

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2024 at 3:12 PM, PTR said:

Not usually a huge dress watch guy, but I reallly like this microbrand Armand Nicolet I picked up.  I usually avoid deeply discounted watches, but you can pick these up relatively cheaply and they punch way above their price. Work horse ETA Caliber 2824-2. Really nice finishes for well under 1k and imo a really attractive dial. 

20240201_150016.jpg

Very nice! I really like the dial too, is it white or more ivory color?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2024 at 5:59 PM, Stealthlobo said:

Rocking the Miss's Oris today 😎

20240210_151529~3.jpg

 

The wife and I went to the mall today and stopped at a jewelry store to look for earrings for our daughter's birthday in a couple of months. I showed her that watch, and she fell in love with it. We both wear our Apple Watches daily, but I was wearing one of my automatics today, and she mentioned that she might like one like that to wear out sometimes. Plus, she's now the CCO of a BioTech company and has to meet with clients and investors, so she's looking for some nice accessories now. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2024 at 8:47 PM, retrofade said:

 

The wife and I went to the mall today and stopped at a jewelry store to look for earrings for our daughter's birthday in a couple of months. I showed her that watch, and she fell in love with it. We both wear our Apple Watches daily, but I was wearing one of my automatics today, and she mentioned that she might like one like that to wear out sometimes. Plus, she's now the CCO of a BioTech company and has to meet with clients and investors, so she's looking for some nice accessories now. 

That's awesome! Congratulations to her! 

Yeah, my girlfriend loves the watch, she gets way more attention and compliments from her co-workers and patients than I do with my subjectively "higher end" watches. Awesome thing is she lets me wear hers every now and then too. It definitely is a great piece.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2024 at 10:47 PM, retrofade said:

 

The wife and I went to the mall today and stopped at a jewelry store to look for earrings for our daughter's birthday in a couple of months. I showed her that watch, and she fell in love with it. We both wear our Apple Watches daily, but I was wearing one of my automatics today, and she mentioned that she might like one like that to wear out sometimes. Plus, she's now the CCO of a BioTech company and has to meet with clients and investors, so she's looking for some nice accessories now. 

I rock my Apple Watch on my right wrist and then my Rolex on the left.  All the “cool” kids are doing it.  

  • Haha 1

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...