Stealthlobo

Watches

On 3/14/2023 at 4:56 PM, smltwnrckr said:

I once ordered a bourbon over ice at a bar in Sonora, and the bartender slowly turned to look at the bottles, looked back at me, looked at the bottles, and said ummmmmm... and I eventually just had to point to the Jim Beam. Homegirl didn't know what bourbon was.

She looked good while annoying me, though. I wonder if that had anything to do with why she was a bartender. 

For clarification, which Sonora are we talking about? Old Mexican miners settlement here? Or Sonora state in Mexico? The latter would explain her lack of knowing.

On 5/22/2023 at 7:57 PM, Stealthlobo said:

So I think dress watches are just not for me. Gonna trade in my sky flake for a white birch or mistflake. Prefer the GMT, but not sure if it's too big. Going to try them on together in the next week or so.

Grand-Seiko-GMT-Mist-Flake-Spring-Drive-SBGE285-Review-11~2.jpg

Grand-Seiko-SLGH005-White-Birch-Hi-Beat-Caliber-9SA5-review-13.jpg.5938b03dae7f8c79e71e40d93e2b4da7~3.jpg

I vote for the GMT. 41 mm works fine on my teeny wrist.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 10:52 PM, NMpackalum said:

I vote for the GMT. 41 mm works fine on my teeny wrist.

I'm hoping so. My skyflake is 41mm and is fine, but I'm reading the GMT is a "chunkier" 41mm (as opposed to a Omega speedmaster which is a slimmer 42mm).

On 5/23/2023 at 7:30 AM, Stealthlobo said:

I'm hoping so. My skyflake is 41mm and is fine, but I'm reading the GMT is a "chunkier" 41mm (as opposed to a Omega speedmaster which is a slimmer 42mm).

It's pretty much the same size as my seamaster Diver 300. 13.7 v 13.9mm. The GS will be lighter with the titanium. The new GS line is pretty nice looking.

On 5/23/2023 at 10:17 AM, NMpackalum said:

It's pretty much the same size as my seamaster Diver 300. 13.7 v 13.9mm. The GS will be lighter with the titanium. The new GS line is pretty nice looking.

Sweet, I hope I love the fit. I'm now reading there have been more than usual issues with GS's new hi-beat movement watches, so that makes me cautious of the white birch.

On 6/5/2023 at 8:36 PM, Stealthlobo said:

Very nice! Where did you find it at? We don't have a swatch store in Denver so ended getting ours when we were in Barcelona.

Swatch store in Miami Beach. I'm here for a work meeting.

• Like 1

Posted a pic of the Omega earlier. While it gets 90% of the wear, I picked this up a few years ago for something more elegant with a suit or black tie. Rat Pack era vintage Alpina. It's manual winding with a seconds subdial. Watch was 425, the polished mesh bracelet another 85 and it needed about 250 in cleaning and service.  So, all in about 750, which is a hell of a lot less than the JLC Reverso that I was thinking about as a dress/formal watch.  I'm thinking about getting a blue dial Aqua Terra to fill the middle ground between this and the Planet Ocean GMT. 

20230606_121253.jpg.e98fd36eb0624d00da0349e4117a4dba.jpg

• Like 3

So I'm getting closer to selling (trading?) My skyflake. I'm trying to decide if I should go the ez route and just trade it straight up with a mistflake at my local AD. Or sell it alone and then buy a mistflake from a Japanese dealer for ~$2k less but have to deal with overseas shipping and US customs.