Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

I hereby vow to never watch another Boise State men's BB this season

Other than checking in on the progress of the game for a minute or two.   I vow to stick to this pledge as EVERY time I have attempted to watch any of the Boise State men's basketball games this season they play like CRAP as long as I am watching their game.  Last night was a perfect example.   I watched from the tipoff until I became thoroughly disgusted with them going 0 for 11 in their first 11 shots.   So I went back to watching the old TV series that I was watching on DVD (Newhart) and watched one episode for about 25 minutes.  I then went back to the game and lo and behold while I was away the Broncos made a huge rally and only trailed by 2 points at halftime.   So I went back to watching Newhart on DVD and returned after another 25 minutes or so and the game was still close but as soon as I started watching again the Broncos look like they had never seen a basketball before in their lives.   So I just quit watching the game entirely.  THEN - as I read this morning the Broncos went on a 30 to 5 run and blew out Fresno State by - what was it? - 22 points I believe.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....................I will vow to never watch another Boise State men's BB game this season. As CLEARLY whenever they are playing badly it MUST be MY FAULT.   I will ONLY check in on the game occasionally for no more than one or two minutes.

image.jpeg.21e7cb733040e85249dbfd7a7b370267.jpeg

8 hours ago, Bronco7454 said:

Other than checking in on the progress of the game for a minute or two.   I vow to stick to this pledge as EVERY time I have attempted to watch any of the Boise State men's basketball games this season they play like CRAP as long as I am watching their game.  Last night was a perfect example.   I watched from the tipoff until I became thoroughly disgusted with them going 0 for 11 in their first 11 shots.   So I went back to watching the old TV series that I was watching on DVD (Newhart) and watched one episode for about 25 minutes.  I then went back to the game and lo and behold while I was away the Broncos made a huge rally and only trailed by 2 points at halftime.   So I went back to watching Newhart on DVD and returned after another 25 minutes or so and the game was still close but as soon as I started watching again the Broncos look like they had never seen a basketball before in their lives.   So I just quit watching the game entirely.  THEN - as I read this morning the Broncos went on a 30 to 5 run and blew out Fresno State by - what was it? - 22 points I believe.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....................I will vow to never watch another Boise State men's BB game this season. As CLEARLY whenever they are playing badly it MUST be MY FAULT.   I will ONLY check in on the game occasionally for no more than one or two minutes.

image.jpeg.21e7cb733040e85249dbfd7a7b370267.jpeg

You were watching Newhart....:Clapping:

20 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Of course you watch Newhart on DVD.

It’s on DVD now? Might have to upgrade from my VHS tapes. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

18 hours ago, Cincy said:

A classic show.  Bob Newhart was a funny guy.

WAS?  Bob Newhart is still among the living.   He reached his 91st birthday last September.  And he's still acting.   He appeared in an episode of "Young Sheldon" in 2020.

I choose to spend my money purchasing tv shows (on DVD) that I enjoyed in the past - rather than watch the garbage that is on tv these days.  I think I have something like 25 different complete tv series on DVD at home.  And I just ordered another one this week.  That way I am not subject to the garbage programming of today plus I don't have to watch any of the commercials as well.

5 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

WAS?  Bob Newhart is still among the living.   He reached his 91st birthday last September.  And he's still acting.   He appeared in an episode of "Young Sheldon" in 2020.

I choose to spend my money purchasing tv shows (on DVD) that I enjoyed in the past - rather than watch the garbage that is on tv these days.  I think I have something like 25 different complete tv series on DVD at home.  And I just ordered another one this week.  That way I am not subject to the garbage programming of today plus I don't have to watch any of the commercials as well.

Yes, he's still alive.  Wrong choice of words.  There are a few "retro" channels out there that are fun to watch.

50 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

Old Man Yells at Cloud | Know Your Meme

22 hours ago, Cincy said:

A classic show.  Bob Newhart was a funny guy.

In college we often played "beers with Bob". Re-runs were on for a couple of hour every afternoon.

The rules were simple, every time someone says "Hi Bob", you drink. :shots:

4 hours ago, renoskier said:

In college we often played "beers with Bob". Re-runs were on for a couple of hour every afternoon.

The rules were simple, every time someone says "Hi Bob", you drink. :shots:

We just called it "The Bob Game", but it became an unfortunate highlight of my day.  I always figured I'd study after "The Bob Game".  You don't have to guess how that worked out.