Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thedude15

screw Leon Rice

18 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Because Gonzaga said so.  Same thing with the number of OOC games.

BYU is absolutely the zags bitch and do what they are told.  Don't think otherwise for a second.

Is that why BYU said they would not even think of going to the MWC with Gonzaga.  BYU liked the changes Gonzaga was asking for WCC and they have seemed help other WCC teams step up their games.  Just look at the current conference rankings in the NET:  #8 WCC while the MWC is #12

23 hours ago, TheDogSnake said:

Ironic and pretty funny now that BSU had to cancel their home game tonite with FSU because of Covid related issues!!   In Boise no less, yeah lets have a game there for the tourney...  LMAO!

Once again "certain" Fresno dumbasses have no idea how processes work. Testing is done after "EVERY" game. If certain percentage of "the team" is positive,  all activities are suspended. It's called "PROTOCOL". If I'm determined to be a bigger dumbass than you I will have Boise with an "a" offer up an apology to you. 😝🤪

9 minutes ago, broncsrock said:

Once again "certain" Fresno dumbasses have no idea how processes work. Testing is done after "EVERY" game. If certain percentage of "the team" is positive,  all activities are suspended. It's called "PROTOCOL". If I'm determined to be a bigger dumbass than you I will have Boise with an "a" offer up an apology to you. 😝🤪

Nobody cares...Boise sucks. 

8 hours ago, e-zone99 said:

Is that why BYU said they would not even think of going to the MWC with Gonzaga.  BYU liked the changes Gonzaga was asking for WCC and they have seemed help other WCC teams step up their games.  Just look at the current conference rankings in the NET:  #8 WCC while the MWC is #12

I am sure BYU liked the changes as well but the changes were made because Gonzaga wanted it.  

It's obvious that many folks here did not read the article in it's entirety.  Rice points out that the SJSU women have canceled their season due to COVID, meaning that MW is going to have to change the format of the women's tournament on the fly.  Teams have been seriously hampered by COVID restrictions, and it shows in the standings.  Who's to say something similar won't happen to them?

The fact of the matter is until the virus is eradicated, we should expect more unusual things to occur.  Many people here have complained so much about Craig Thompson not being bold and being too stuck in the "status quo" mindset.  Well, if there is a time to be bold, this is it.  Reduce the tourney to 8 teams this year, make the regular season games more meaningful, and see what happens.

At least Rice is saying something, which is more than what Thompson has said in the last 10 years.

6 minutes ago, justsurvive said:

It's obvious that many folks here did not read the article in it's entirety.  Rice points out that the SJSU women have canceled their season due to COVID, meaning that MW is going to have to change the format of the women's tournament on the fly.  Teams have been seriously hampered by COVID restrictions, and it shows in the standings.  Who's to say something similar won't happen to them?

The fact of the matter is until the virus is eradicated, we should expect more unusual things to occur.  Many people here have complained so much about Craig Thompson not being bold and being too stuck in the "status quo" mindset.  Well, if there is a time to be bold, this is it.  Reduce the tourney to 8 teams this year, make the regular season games more meaningful, and see what happens.

At least Rice is saying something, which is more than what Thompson has said in the last 10 years.

I read it. Very clear Rice was trying to shift the tourney to favor BSU... And no no "shifting" really needs to be done. You just reduce the first round games. SJSU opts out of womens well then top 6 teams get a bye instead of just top 5. You really don't need any major "shifting" unless 4 or more teams opt out. if 1-3 opt out just reduce the opening round games. And honestly if 4 or more opt out just start giving quarterfinal byes (ie 4 teams opt out 1 seed gets bye to semis, 5 opt out 1 and 2 get bye to semis). No major changes need to be made. 

On 1/20/2021 at 6:55 PM, thedude15 said:

No the MWT should not be adjusted to favor BSU. MWT in Vegas with ALL teams period. No reducing the field, no letting higher seeds host games. Give everyone their shot at the tourney and be done with it.

It is small time to cater to the higher seeds. That is what small time leagues (that are guaranteed to only get one bid) do.  Screw that. And players are being tested a practically daily. No reason MWT should be any higher risk that playing any other game. 

Come on.....

4v42h2.jpg

New-Signature.jpg

On 1/22/2021 at 9:38 PM, jewelz4562000 said:

At least he can beat a team not named Highlands Bonneventure of Northern Ohio or something like that.  UNLV is basically SJSU

Hey, last time I checked, Joser beat BSU in the MWCG last year!!

Sure, they lost the subsequent bowl game against tBSU, and yeah, maybe have a little less then like half of one whole FB stadium, but gosh dang-it, they did beat BSU Jr. in a FB game one time!!!!!

Not like they're Oregon, or whatever...

tenor.gif

New-Signature.jpg

No they get it.  They just don't care about message board warriors' ire.    A suggestion for progressive action was made; good or bad.   Fools blow up because it suggests 'change' and that scares the bejeezus out of most older Americans.   Move along, nothing new here.   Leon blows kisses to you all, I'm sure.   

And in his shoes you'd try anything to get your team to the Dance seeing as tournaments are kryptonite for his program.   Bravo Leon.

On 1/20/2021 at 7:55 PM, thedude15 said:

No the MWT should not be adjusted to favor BSU. MWT in Vegas with ALL teams period. No reducing the field, no letting higher seeds host games. Give everyone their shot at the tourney and be done with it.

It is small time to cater to the higher seeds. That is what small time leagues (that are guaranteed to only get one bid) do.  Screw that. And players are being tested a practically daily. No reason MWT should be any higher risk that playing any other game. 

Screw Leon Rice?  I’m, no thank you. If his wife is really young and hot, that might be doable. 

kat.jpg