Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Executive Order thread.

2 minutes ago, CV147 said:

I don't know what's in my 401k portfolio.

But the reason why the Paris Accords are bullshit is because it excuses the greatest polluters of the developing world, while it spends billions in American guilt money. The United States has reduced its emissions, yet we're on the hook for programs while China keeps pumping out carbon.

Some might call this "leadership".

It's rarely easy.

34 minutes ago, CV147 said:

I don't know what's in my 401k portfolio.

But the reason why the Paris Accords are bullshit is because it excuses the greatest polluters of the developing world, while it spends billions in American guilt money. The United States has reduced its emissions, yet we're on the hook for programs while China keeps pumping out carbon.

Once upon a time the greatest polluters of the developing world were the United States and Western Europe. Very “rules for thee not for me” to now admonish the current developing nations of the world for following our lead. 

15 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Will someone explain to me why Trump supporters call him Beijing Biden.. What’s he done with China for people to think he’s their puppet? Serious question. I did a quick Google scan but didn’t see an answer to this question.

They're blindly regurgitating what their cult leader says

6 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Let’s hope not.  It would be nice if we get back to following the constitution over teams and shit.  

Are you implying that Obama and other presidents before Trump didn't walk on the constitution? 

11 hours ago, Maji said:

We're still one of the top polluting countries. That's especially true on a per capita basis.

We’re the highest by far. Our per capita GHG emissions are well over double those of China. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

13 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Are you implying that Obama and other presidents before Trump didn't walk on the constitution? 

So are you are claiming Obama’s actions regarding dreamers was unconstitutional?  The Supreme Court has clearly stated the President has broad powers relative to immigration policy, thanks to Trump.   So no that was not unconstitutional.   

I won’t in anyway defend Obama’s drone attack on al-Awalki.  But many Presidents of both parties have committed violations of the constitution in the name of national defense.   

If you ask me the worst thing done under Obama was Holder ignoring valid subpoena’s from Congress.  If they thought they were frivolous they should have gone to the Supreme Court.   

Do you have other specific examples because in my mind no President comes close to Trump. 

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Most executive orders are unconstitutional.  They are only for directing the military of in regards to how they will enforce laws that are on the books.

Apparently you missed the Supreme Court decisions around immigration policy.  

15 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Most executive orders are unconstitutional.  They are only for directing the military of in regards to how they will enforce laws that are on the books.

Where do you guys come up with shit like this? 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

13 minutes ago, happycamper said:

If you hear it so often, you just think it's true. Remember when eating fat used to make you fat? Same concept. I haven't studied executive orders closely enough to know. I think there's a better way to do things, but it would take patience and compromise, things neither party digs. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

20 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Where in the constitution does it say that the president can make the law?  Or use executive orders to avoid going through Congress to pass legislation?

12 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Where in the constitution does it say that the president can make the law?  Or use executive orders to avoid going through Congress to pass legislation?

Article II, Section 1

The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. 

You soverign citizen kooks are an entertaining bunch, I'll give you that

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

16 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

Mask mandate is feel good policy, window dressing, and a false sense of security.  Most are doing it already anyway.  

The Paris Climate Agreement is toothless and stupid.  Waste.

Don’t really care one way or the other with the rest.

The Paris Climate accord is stupid. The rest of the nations never live up to their end of the deal, and we bankroll the whole thing. Dumb!

13 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Will someone explain to me why Trump supporters call him Beijing Biden.. What’s he done with China for people to think he’s their puppet? Serious question. I did a quick Google scan but didn’t see an answer to this question.

I have no idea, but I find it hilarious