Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

The Nuthugger Redemption Thread

52 minutes ago, RSF said:

Always a fan of these deep, philosophical discussions...

"what is worse: predicting a guy is gonna be bad at being the president or a guy being so bad at being the president he instigates a fascist insurrection"?

lmao norcal trying to rehabilitate trump at the same time the proud boys are repudiating him. incredible

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

15 minutes ago, happycamper said:

"what is worse: predicting a guy is gonna be bad at being the president or a guy being so bad at being the president he instigates a fascist insurrection"?

lmao norcal trying to rehabilitate trump at the same time the proud boys are repudiating him. incredible

I think both @NorCalCougand those piling on him are completely missing what the other party is saying. I believe NorCal is saying, yes you got the riot prediction right, but you missed on all these other things. That's true, there were lots of very outlandish predictions that didn't come true, and one very bad one that did.

It's also important to acknowledge that anyone that has two brain cells to rub together can acknowledge that a fascist group storming the nation's capital and murdering an officer defending it is way worse than burning down a 7/11, or multiple 7/11s. 

The heart of the issue is that NorCal defended Trump and you despise everything about him (Trump). That's what we're getting at. I am well endowed. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I think both @NorCalCougand those piling on him are completely missing what the other party is saying. I believe NorCal is saying, yes you got the riot prediction right, but you missed on all these other things. That's true, there were lots of very outlandish predictions that didn't come true, and one very bad one that did.

It's also important to acknowledge that anyone that has two brain cells to rub together can acknowledge that a fascist group storming the nation's capital and murdering an officer defending it is way worse than burning down a 7/11, or multiple 7/11s. 

The heart of the issue is that NorCal defended Trump and you despise everything about him (Trump). That's what we're getting at. I am well endowed. 

No man. You're missing it. The criticisms of Trump were... pretty spot on.

Bad administrator? Check; had zero plan for dealing with a pandemic, in the middle of a pandemic, did not have a single plan for vaccination distribution. 

Inhumane policies? Check; INS performed mass involuntary sterilizations on detained attempted migrants.

Fascist leader? Check; the goddamn coup attempt, burning down democracy around him for the two months before that. 

Norcal's defending him because, well, norcal's fash. I wouldn't have thought it before this, but this is pretty incontrovertible proof. 

It's the equivalent of "he called me racist!" "well dude you said that the african race is naturally lazy" "so? DID YOU HEAR HIM CALL ME RACIST!?!?!?"

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

12 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Agree with everything stated here except the well endowed part.  And please, don’t send pics again. 

v0icAvfW.jpg

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

Bad administrator? Check; had zero plan for dealing with a pandemic, in the middle of a pandemic, did not have a single plan for vaccination distribution. 

Inhumane policies? Check; INS performed mass involuntary sterilizations on detained attempted migrants.

Fascist leader? Check; the goddamn coup attempt, burning down democracy around him for the two months before that. 

Norcal's defending him because, well, norcal's fash. I wouldn't have thought it before this, but this is pretty incontrovertible proof. 

It's the equivalent of "he called me racist!" "well dude you said that the african race is naturally lazy" "so? DID YOU HEAR HIM CALL ME RACIST!?!?!?"

You’re a self-righteous asshat.  GFY

v0icAvfW.jpg

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I don't think the argument is about character flaws and Trump being a bad leader. The basis of the argument seemed to be more about all of these calamitous events occurring when he became President that never occurred. I haven't followed the history of the predictions about Trump to cite many, I'll let others do that. 

I was not aware that Trump had the INS perform sterilizations, where can I read about that? 

If the argument is: Was Trump a bad president and leader? Well we have a big yes. He was historically bad. If the argument is: Did Trump lead a military sponsored and upheld coup like we saw from Pinochet or other fascist leaders, well that's a no. The transition of power was peaceful. He incited a coup to be sure, but not on the grand scale many predicted with the support of the armed forces. 

EDIT: As a side note, this whole thread is littered with unhelpful vitriol and vindictiveness that persuades no-one. If we're trying to come to some sort of harmony here, this approach doesn't achieve it. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

52 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I don't think the argument is about character flaws and Trump being a bad leader. The basis of the argument seemed to be more about all of these calamitous events occurring when he became President that never occurred. I haven't followed the history of the predictions about Trump to cite many, I'll let others do that. 

I was not aware that Trump had the INS perform sterilizations, where can I read about that? 

If the argument is: Was Trump a bad president and leader? Well we have a big yes. He was historically bad. If the argument is: Did Trump lead a military sponsored and upheld coup like we saw from Pinochet or other fascist leaders, well that's a no. The transition of power was peaceful. He incited a coup to be sure, but not on the grand scale many predicted with the support of the armed forces. 

The issue is he can’t stay on topic and is dodging and deflecting because my premise about many outlandish and false predictions is accurate.  Then he resorts to typical name-calling with the “fash” nonsense and goes on tangents about anything he can to make himself feel super special.  He’s pathetic.

v0icAvfW.jpg

3 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I don't' think the argument is about character flaws and Trump being a bad leader. The basis of the argument was more about all of these calamitous events occurring when he became President that never occurred. I haven't followed the history of the predictions about Trump to cite many, I'll let others do that. 

If the argument is: Was Trump a bad president and leader? Well we have a big yes. He was historically bad. If the argument is: Did Trump lead a military sponsored and upheld coup like we saw from Pinochet or other fascist leaders, well that's a no. The transition of power was peaceful. 

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/18/914465793/ice-a-whistleblower-and-forced-sterilization

Just now, madmartigan said:

I don't' think the argument is about character flaws and Trump being a bad leader. The basis of the argument was more about all of these calamitous events occurring when he became President that never occurred. I haven't followed the history of the predictions about Trump to cite many, I'll let others do that. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ice-hysterectomy-sterilization-dhs-investigations

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/18/914465793/ice-a-whistleblower-and-forced-sterilization

https://www.propublica.org/article/ice-guards-systematically-sexually-assault-detainees-in-an-el-paso-detention-center-lawyers-say (systematic sexual assault in El Pas)

Just now, madmartigan said:

If the argument is: Was Trump a bad president and leader? Well we have a big yes. He was historically bad. If the argument is: Did Trump lead a military sponsored and upheld coup like we saw from Pinochet or other fascist leaders, well that's a no. The transition of power was peaceful. 

What the actual +++++ are you talking about? The transition of power was not peaceful. There was a violent, armed insurrection of tens of thousands that was thisclose to working. 

LMAO was the beer hall putsch "peaceful"?

Sideshow Bob Attempted Murder GIF - SideshowBob AttemptedMurder AttemptedChemistry GIFs

1 minute ago, NorCalCoug said:

The issue is he can’t stay on topic and is dodging and deflecting because my premise about many outlandish and false predictions is accurate.  Then he resorts to typical name-calling with the “fash” nonsense and goes on tangents about anything he can to make him feel super special.  He’s pathetic.

you compare an attempted fascist coup to having to read about people not liking a president.

you're fascist. 

4 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

EDIT: As a side note, this whole thread is littered with unhelpful vitriol and vindictiveness that persuades no-one. If we're trying to come to some sort of harmony here, this approach doesn't achieve it. 

Careful man, you’re about to be called a lying white supremacist fascist!!

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

18 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’m still hopeful one will pop up.   This one is pretty good for sure 😂.

Reminds me of the “LEAVE BRITTANY ALONE!!!” video.

Personally I like the crazy guy yelling in southern Nevada after the election. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

Careful man, you’re about to be called a lying white supremacist fascist!!

@happycamperalready dropped the F-Bomb on @NorCalCoug. This thread is achieving nothing so I will bow out. 

9 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I think you'd be hard pressed to find any actual "predictions" on the board. Concerns for erratic childish behavior? Absolutely. But "predictions" probably not.

8 minutes ago, happycamper said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ice-hysterectomy-sterilization-dhs-investigations

https://www.propublica.org/article/ice-guards-systematically-sexually-assault-detainees-in-an-el-paso-detention-center-lawyers-say (systematic sexual assault in El Pas)

What the actual +++++ are you talking about? The transition of power was not peaceful. There was a violent, armed insurrection of tens of thousands that was thisclose to working. 

LMAO was the beer hall putsch "peaceful"?

Sideshow Bob Attempted Murder GIF - SideshowBob AttemptedMurder AttemptedChemistry GIFs

The inauguration was peaceful. There was an armed insurrection where people lost their lives which is terrible and historically bad, but not at the scale that had been predicted. Many predicted the US Army would be led by Trump to stay in power, a la Pinochet. There is a big distinction between a group of armed citizens and the actual federal government sponsored Army getting involved. This will be my last post in this thread, so you can NorCalCoug can continue your little tiff without further interference or outside perspective.