Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

The Nuthugger Redemption Thread

Ffs... I spend a couple days away from the board and come back to see that just because we inaugurated a new president today, stupid doesn't stop.

So I would like to extend an olive branch to all the pro-Nazi, anti-democracy dipshits who still walk around with a hate chub for 45.

If you voted for Trump this last election, here is your chance to put country before party and go on record saying that as an American, you wish 46 well, regardless of which side of the aisle your politics might lie. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

I, (and think we all do), hope Americans can someday arise above the rabid party politics.

In 2009 the day Obama was sworn in I flipped on Rush on my car radio and it went like this:

" I am here today to  say I want him to fail".  Then  he repeated  same thing for about 20 minutes.

I wanted to barf.

I bet same things are  being said today there.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

2 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

I, (and think we all do), hope Americans can someday arise above the rabid party politics.

In 2008 the day Obama was sworn in I flipped on Rush on my car radio and it went like this:

" I am here today to  say I want him to fail".  Then  he repeated  same thing for about 20 minutes.

I wanted to barf.

I bet same things are  being said today there.

Luckily Rush will die and go to hell soon. 

21 minutes ago, CV147 said:

New boss same as the old boss.

I'm about as optimistic about Biden as I was about Trump. On goes the steady march toward totalitarianism.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

The true believers with their blind faith can hate on Joe Biden all they want. I just hope that after four years of misery, the Trumpster fire is finally over and Mr. Grumpy will hunker down at Mar-a-Lago and quietly play golf until he keels over of an inevitable Big Mac induced heart attack.

57 minutes ago, CV147 said:

New boss same as the old boss.

I'm about as optimistic about Biden as I was about Trump. On goes the steady march toward totalitarianism.

What SPECIFICALLY has changed in the last 10, 20, 30 years in your life that can be attributed to actions by the federal government that lead you to believe this?

I almost feel weird because for the most part — and up until the orangetard admin — I could give two chits about the fed government. 

4 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Ffs... I spend a couple days away from the board and come back to see that just because we inaugurated a new president today, stupid doesn't stop.

So I would like to extend an olive branch to all the pro-Nazi, anti-democracy dipshits who still walk around with a hate chub for 45.

If you voted for Trump this last election, here is your chance to put country before party and go on record saying that as an American, you wish 46 well, regardless of which side of the aisle your politics might lie. 

This is a joke right? 

17 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

This is a joke right? 

Don't tell me you're infected with BDS... we're all counting on smart, critical-thinking moderates like yourself to get the fascists back in line or cast them out.

3kK2.gif

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 minute ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Don't tell me you're infected with BDS... we're all counting on smart, critical-thinking moderates like yourself...

Wait...what?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

What SPECIFICALLY has changed in the last 10, 20, 30 years in your life that can be attributed to actions by the federal government that lead you to believe this?

I almost feel weird because for the most part — and up until the orangetard admin — I could give two chits about the fed government. 

1. Patriot Act

2. Bank bailouts

3. Affordable Care Act

4. Wars

5. Expansion of government programs and subsidies (Medicare part D, agriculture subsidies, stimulus bullcrap, etc.)

It's all small steps. The government won't give you anything for free. The quid pro quo is new regulations and restrictions on your freedom.

I didn’t vote for Trump in 2020 but I’ll play along...  unlike most of the local board leftists, I would never wish failure upon the country out of spite and unhealthy pathological disdain for any single individual or president.  I more than likely won’t agree with many of his policies but I won’t litter this board with garbage post after post and there won’t be any need for a separate Biden sub forum.  Most importantly, I won’t need mood stabilizers over the next 4 years like some here have needed the last 4. 

v0icAvfW.jpg

32 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I didn’t vote for Trump in 2020 but I’ll play along...  unlike most of the local board leftists, I would never wish failure upon the country out of spite and unhealthy pathological disdain for any single individual or president.  I more than likely won’t agree with many of his policies but I won’t litter this board with garbage post after post and there won’t be any need for a separate Biden sub forum.  Most importantly, I won’t need mood stabilizers over the next 4 years like some here have needed the last 4. 

We still have to find the perfect MAGA tears gif.

maybe we can take a section of this video. :hmmm:

29 minutes ago, CV147 said:

1. Patriot Act

2. Bank bailouts

3. Affordable Care Act

4. Wars

5. Expansion of government programs and subsidies (Medicare part D, agriculture subsidies, stimulus bullcrap, etc.)

It's all small steps. The government won't give you anything for free. The quid pro quo is new regulations and restrictions on your freedom.

Affordable care act would be a good discussion.   

In the case of some part of medicine demand curves are vertical or nearly vertical.   

I would argue when facing a vertical demand curve suppliers natural state moves towards insuring they are a sole source.   You see this today in terms of manufacturers manipulating the patent system, hospitals buying up competition, etc.   Suppliers naturally form a monopoly or oligopoly and jack-up prices in the face of it.   

I would argue the affordable care act makes sense for similar reasons we have water and electric utilities.   The proof lies in the healthcare costs per capita paid by Americans compared to all other developed nations.   To me this market is one where libertarians ignore the underlying market dynamics and its impact on the American people.   

15 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Affordable care act would be a good discussion.   

In the case of some part of medicine demand curves are vertical or nearly vertical.   

I would argue when facing a vertical demand curve suppliers natural state moves towards insuring they are a sole source.   You see this today in terms of manufacturers manipulating the patent system, hospitals buying up competition, etc.   Suppliers naturally form a monopoly or oligopoly and jack-up prices in the face of it.   

I would argue the affordable care act makes sense for similar reasons we have water and electric utilities.   The proof lies in the healthcare costs per capita paid by Americans compared to all other developed nations.   To me this market is one where libertarians ignore the underlying market dynamics and its impact on the American people.   

The government encourages monopolies by creating insurmountable barriers to entering the market.

Say you have an idea that would revolutionize health care. What would your first step be? If you said just open a business you'd be wrong.