Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Proof that the Coronavirus is a Political Issue

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Yeah, but someday the pandemic will end. And then they’ll have all the proof they need that this was all a liberal plot.

Again, this isn't about whether or not COVID is real (it is).

This is about observing politics (of both sides).

Why did the SEC, ACC, and BIG12 decide it was safe to play College Football...

But the PAC12 (California) decided it was too dangerous----until they ODDLY got buyers remorse and did a 180, saying it was no longer dangerous.   Curiously, the deadly virus was no longer as deadly come November?

Anyone know why the PAC12 decided the COVID Pandemic was deadly in August, September and October, but not deadly in November and December?  I recall their season started late for some reason.

Guest #1Stunner
3 hours ago, toonkee said:

People have been caring less and less for some time now. Covid-19 is a tired story even though the facts are worse than ever. The media intensity didn't start waining today.

It seemed to start waning after the first week of November.   I sort of agree with your observation.   

We stopped seeing nightly news broadcasts about the daily death toll.   The media moved on. 

I guess they lost interest. 

21 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Why defend News Media Outlets? 

No one owes them them any loyalty...

Just some of the hysteria in news reporting has oddly, rapidly changed.  

Where are the daily death counts on the NATIONAL news?  They've all but disappeared.   Odd timing that NBC, ABC, CBS have all but dropped leading every nightly news with a COVID death count for the day.

You watch the every national news show? Seems like a huge waste of time.  

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, SalinasSpartan said:

You watch the every national news show? Seems like a huge waste of time.  

Every night!

I'm a TV Critic.   I work for the Deseret News.  

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Well that sucks. 

It's honestly not as bad lately.  Much more positive.

No more daily COVID death counts leading news story.  And fresh and positive news coverage about President Elect Joe Biden.  The change in tone has been very nice.

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

@BSUTOP25

#beetlejuice

@Majiis just a good ole red blooded conservative Republican with a libertarian background who has never, not a single time, ever voted for a Democrat. He only has Toby Keith, Hank Williams Jr, and Lee Greenwood songs on his playlist. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I don’t watch traditional national network news so I can’t argue on that little slice, but the focus of cable news shifted away from COVID-19 multiple times in ‘20 over all the things that made for good coverage.  Local news did, too.   Recent, vaccinations started for more folks here in the City of Trees and that made the tv and news rounds.  Our dipping case numbers did, too. 

There has been a lot going on recently. The guy in the White House behaved rather strangely for a long period of time and a bunch of stuff related to it has grabbed attention.  Even during the Vietnam War years, with just 30 mt. broadcasts on three national networks, big events (when they happened) pushed war coverage back temporarily.  

Still, I see tons of coverage on Covid-19.  New variants. Worries that once we hit 120m or so vaccinated that demand will slack.  Mounting death tolls.  J&J’s Phase 1/2b results. On and on. 

Maybe watch different channels?

22 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

I don’t watch traditional national network news so I can’t argue on that little slice, but the focus of cable news shifted away from COVID-19 multiple times in ‘20 over all the things that made for good coverage.  Local news did, too.   Recent, vaccinations started for more folks here in the City of Trees and that made the tv and news rounds.  Our dipping case numbers did, too. 

There has been a lot going on recently. The guy in the White House behaved rather strangely for a long period of time and a bunch of stuff related to it has grabbed attention.  Even during the Vietnam War years, with just 30 mt. broadcasts on three national networks, big events (when they happened) pushed war coverage back temporarily.  

Still, I see tons of coverage on Covid-19.  New variants. Worries that once we hit 120m or so vaccinated that demand will slack.  Mounting death tolls.  J&J’s Phase 1/2b results. On and on. 

This is all well thought out and true. However, you will never be able to prove liberal bias with this kind of attitude. 

Guest #1Stunner
32 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

Which national news channel do you recommend?

26 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Which national news channel do you recommend?

None. My mainstay is CNBC because I’m an investor.  FBN sometimes generally on weekends.  But, the better half will put on those two liberal cable channels and I usually catch a few mts. of Fox News every other day or so.   I probably watch local news a couple times a week.  

Of course, much news isn’t consumed passively from TV, cable or traditional national networks.  It’s news that is in your Twitter feed. News that you seek out on the web.  I’m no different and that is how I consume more news. 

I’m not sure how much the old, big three networks matter anymore?   

6 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Maybe. I just know they all voted for Jorgensen, which must be why she won in a landslide.

I’ll agree with you that there’s some shenanigans going on with who posters on this forum actually vote for. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

8 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Why defend News Media Outlets? 

No one owes them them any loyalty...

Just some of the hysteria in news reporting has oddly, rapidly changed.  

Where are the daily death counts on the NATIONAL news?  They've all but disappeared.   Odd timing that NBC, ABC, CBS have all but dropped leading every nightly news with a COVID death count for the day.

Seems to me that there was an event in Washington a couple weeks ago that took center stage. My news sources are PBS, NPR and the BBC. There has been plenty of coverage of the 400k death toll, the projections calling for another 100k deaths by the end of February, and the difficulties in the vaccine rollout. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Guest #1Stunner
40 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

None. My mainstay is CNBC because I’m an investor.  FBN sometimes generally on weekends.  But, the better half will put on those two liberal cable channels and I usually catch a few mts. of Fox News every other day or so.   I probably watch local news a couple times a week.  

Of course, much news isn’t consumed passively from TV, cable or traditional national networks.  It’s news that is in your Twitter feed. News that you seek out on the web.  I’m no different and that is how I consume more news. 

I’m not sure how much the old, big three networks matter anymore?   

CNN used to be great.

Sadly, they are s propaganda network now...worse than even Fox.