Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

CSU-USU tonight

CSU is a very bad matchup with USU. I can’t even imagine what Queta will do to Wyoming that has no size at all in the post. The only guy in the MWC that can somewhat matchup with Queta is Mensah with SDSU. Armus with Boise State has the size and strength but lacks Queta’s athleticism. 

13 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

CSU is a very bad matchup with USU. I can’t even imagine what Queta will do to Wyoming that has no size at all in the post. The only guy in the MWC that can somewhat matchup with Queta is Mensah with SDSU. Armus with Boise State has the size and strength but lacks Queta’s athleticism. 

Diong can with UNLV. Armus can muscle with him if he doesn't get in foul trouble. He is the toughest match up in the MW. CSU tried to play small and lost that

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Diong can with UNLV. Armus can muscle with him if he doesn't get in foul trouble. He is the toughest match up in the MW. CSU tried to play small and lost that

Yeah, forgot about Diong, however he isn’t nearly as skilled as Queta. If Armus is allowed to muscle Queta he will do fine. Chances are the refs will foul Armus out if he tries. 

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I have no doubt that every Boise player would dominate Queta. 

Queta is the real deal this year. Being healthy and building strength makes all the difference in the world.  Boise will struggle with our bigs being in foul trouble. Already saw the queta-mensah battle. Dont recall mensah making much of a difference. Just glad Utah state plays at boise. 

4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I’m gonna say that Nevada’s length will be okay against him.

The issue isn’t talent, it’s foul trouble. I’m surprised at Washington’s development. He’s gonna be a nice player for Nevada.

I wish Nevada would get USU here. 

52 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Yeah, forgot about Diong, however he isn’t nearly as skilled as Queta. If Armus is allowed to muscle Queta he will do fine. Chances are the refs will foul Armus out if he tries. 

No team can match Queta. Some can do a little better

54 minutes ago, cosinama said:

I have no doubt that every Boise player would dominate Queta. 

What do you think integrating Boise into a USU-CSU thread does? If it's because you're riding my jock... go back a couple of weeks ago when I said everyone was sleeping on USU, and they were playing some of the best basketball in the conference. You should go back a bit... since you like my jock so much

6 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

It’s amazing how one good big guy like Queta on an otherwise average team can make such a huge difference. 

Not so average IMO, but I agree with your point.  That dude changes everything.  I was really hoping he was NBA bound in the off-season.

18 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Not so average IMO, but I agree with your point.  That dude changes everything.  I was really hoping he was NBA bound in the off-season.

Not me. I want every MWC team to be strong. USU is really rolling right now. If they played some of the teams they lost to earlier they would probably win. I still believe if you take away Queta, USU would finish 4th to 6th in the MWC.

He makes that much difference. He takes away the lane making you beat them from the perimeter. Roddie who normally dominates inside had no chance against Queta. They know the lane is locked down and are able to defend the perimeter shooters tighter. CSU is the best three point shooting team in the MWC and made 9-27 tonight. On top of that they had to double Queta allowing USU to make 10-19 from three.