Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

Rename the Rebs

Hell, imagine actually living in Vegas....??  Every single day, those folks certainly rebel against living anywhere else but the world epicenter of the most evil, battle-hardened venereal diseases known to man...

True UNLV fans will always be Rebels - FACTS....

New-Signature.jpg

Spend big, or go home!!

wenUNLVs_New_Logo.jpg

$50K!!!

What you gonna do to stop that kind of cash?????

Not a damn thing, that's what...

For another $25K, you're looking at art that CANNOT EVER be surpassed in quality, degree, or order - In other words flawless like this:

logo-fail-china-restaurant.jpg

New-Signature.jpg

SANDSTORM!!!!

Not only is this name pure awesome in its awesomeness, it has  the added advantage of having every arena in America playing your theme song at some point in the game.

[/thread]

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 1/20/2021 at 2:12 PM, LKGates said:

Coyotes.  They're native to the area.  And coyotes are kind of like little brothers to wolves.  You know, not nearly as scary or intimidating as wolves, really kind of cute and funny, although they can be kind of annoying, with all the yipping and whining they do.

Winner! Winner!

Although, I’d like to recommend a couple of alterations. 

Foxes instead of coyotes. Little sisters instead of little brothers. 

Of course, a female fox is a...Vixen. 

VEGAS VIXENS. 

On 1/20/2021 at 7:17 PM, Rev McQuervo said:

Goldfield Gamblers

That local yokel tagged me TWICE for speeding-

F-Them!

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

SANDSTORM!!!!

Not only is this name pure awesome in its awesomeness, it has  the added advantage of having every arena in America playing your theme song at some point in the game.

[/thread]

In the two decades of listening to this song, never did I realize it is called Sandstorm! It is a great pump-up song.

At this point, why would you keep the “REBELS” name and not the imagery, since the name has already been associated with all that imagery for so long we all know it means confederate??!

This High School already made the change last year. They are the rebels too and they admitted their Frontiersman mascot was a Reb.

UNLV should just become the Sharks. Then this issue would never come up again.

https://www.nj.com/monmouth/2020/06/nj-high-schools-confederate-mascot-is-demeaning-and-has-to-go-petition-says.html

3mxsBs3.jpg

On 1/20/2021 at 3:21 PM, soupslam1 said:

A shark is a fish not an animal. It’s perfect for a mascot. Those huge sharp teeth that eat opponents for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Plus, they can play the soundtrack from Jaws for every game. 

We already play the jaws theme before every tip off, of every home game, from back in the 'Tark the Shark' days. With the shark jaw clap..

I know a lot of people like the sharks for that reason, but I personally believe you don't name your mascot after a coach, it should be relevant to the university. But if we absolutely had to change it, I could live with it, since the shark put us on the map.

On 1/23/2021 at 2:30 PM, Rosegreen said:

UNLV Bighorns 
UNLV Legends 

UNLV Suns

UNLV Lightning 

UNLV Flyers 

UNLV Flash

UNLV Galaxy 

UNLV Jazz

UNLV Raging Bulls 

UNLV SuperSonics

With 'big horns', I would only see CSU's two limp d***s hanging from their scoreboard, lol.

11 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

I actually like this, but it would have to be runnin', not running.

Just sayin'.

And I will stick with rebels. I know I for sure rebelled against Reno, :D

And I really don't care what anybody else thinks it means.

This thread looks just like what happens after a new middle school is build and the let the 13 year olds come up with a mascot and name except this thread has no other purpose than the let the trolls have a minute in the sun.