Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

Trump final day Pardon Gameday Thread

3 hours ago, sactowndog said:

I sincerely hope Biden does pardon a subset of them.   It would be nice if for once the little guy caught a break.  Yes they stupidly believed their leaders and yes they are stupidly guilty but they are the ones to whom Biden should show compassion.   

It would be a nice gesture for biden to commute some of their sentences....but right after he commutes some sentences for other folks who are deserving.  Lot of blacks and others in jail for being drug users...

Posted Image

14 hours ago, NVGiant said:

Just saw that Kyle Kimoto, an infamous fraudster who I went to high school with, was one of those whose sentence was commuted. Thought he was a slimy dude in HS, too. Good deal to get out 17 years early.

Was his dad a teacher at Rancho? We had a coach Kimoto. 

Anyways, yeah, Jewel called Ivanka to get this guy out I guess. Honestly, I don't know if he was serving more time than what was fair but ever notice how Trump pardons  lot of fraudsters?

14 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Was his dad a teacher at Rancho? We had a coach Kimoto. 

Anyways, yeah, Jewel called Ivanka to get this guy out I guess. Honestly, I don't know if he was serving more time than what was fair but ever notice how Trump pardons  lot of fraudsters?

I don't know what his dad did, to be honest. He's mormon and came from a big family, so could be someone more distant, too, or someone completely unrelated. 

I have definitely noticed the pattern you speak of. In this case, he ripped off nearly $50 million from grandma and grandpa, and his wife Julie, who I also went to high school with, complained about how they were the ones who were victimized. My brother-in-law's brother is a Treasury agent who worked on the case, and he says it was the most egregious case he ever worked on. Now 12 years is a long time, so maybe he really did have a come-to-Jesus moment in that span. I hope so. And Jewel is a peach (I also met her once while covering the rodeo about 20 years ago, and she was nice as you can possibly imagine). Still, he earned 29 years for a reason.

Somebody is lying in the Robert Zangrillo pardon. Zangrillo is part of the college admissions fraud cases.

The WH statement on his pardon said:

Robert “Bob” Zangrillo – President Trump granted a full pardon to Robert Zangrillo. This pardon is supported by Len Blavatnik, Geoff Palmer, Tom Barrack, Sean Parker, Walid Abu-Zalaf, Medo Alsaloussi, and Kevin Downing. Mr. Zangrillo was charged in connection with the Varsity Blues investigation. However, his daughter did not have others take standardized tests for her and she is currently earning a 3.9 GPA at the University of Southern California. Mr. Zangrillo is a well-respected business leader and philanthropist.

People cited as supporting the pardon are starting to deny that is true.

Then the WH statement said Zangrillo's daughter is enrolled at USC and "currently earning" a 3.9 GPA.

USC is denying she is enrolled as a student.

54 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Obviously Trump doesn’t know very many of these people. You wonder how he arrived at the list. Many seem to be worthy pardons. Too bad Snowden and Assange weren’t on the list. 

Good thing that Trumpublican duper, Stephen Bannon was on the list though. Right?