Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eat_Your_Dried_Fruits

Tyson Maeva is back in the Mountain West

3 hours ago, AztecSU said:

How about you prove it's not...I mean if you've never tried it and quit alcohol years ago you probably can't relate tbh. Smoking occasionally is not that bad, just like drinking occasionally isn't that bad and IMO weed is less harsh on the body than alcohol. You always know who has a drinking problem at work but I bet you work with smokers and have no idea...

Do you have any scientific, fact based proof that says that smoking “occasionally“ isn’t that bad? Just from a logical perspective I don’t think it would ever be good to occasionally put smoke directly into your lungs but I’m open to evidence that proves otherwise.

3 hours ago, renoskier said:

Duh...we're Humans, not Vulcans :shrug:

That is a fair point. We engage in illogical behavior all the time. But to me that is so detrimental, intentionally putting smoke directly into your lungs, for a temporary buzz… I just don’t get it. But you’re right, we are illogical beings. Self-destructive and illogical.

3 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Do you have any scientific, fact based proof that says that smoking “occasionally“ isn’t that bad? Just from a logical perspective I don’t think it would ever be good to occasionally put smoke directly into your lungs but I’m open to evidence that proves otherwise.

Well have you heard of the NBA? 

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

No.  Marijuana is different and IMO way more than just a buzz or a stress reducer.  It changes the way you perceive and process the world around you.

I’m specifically talking about intentionally putting smoke directly into your lungs. Most of us, except for one or two posters agree that that is never a good thing, correct? So if people smoke to relieve stress, one of the side effects of intentionally putting smoke directly into your lungs ultimately leads to even more stress, more than what you had to begin with? That’s my point. Sorry for being not clear, my bad.

Just now, AztecSU said:

Well have you heard of the NBA? 

I was being serious. Vlade Divac was a chain smoker, chain cigarette smoker, not chain marijuana smoker, and he had a 15 year career. So because Vlade Divac smoked cigarettes that means that smoking cigarettes occasionally, or in his case, incessantly, is not bad for you?

4 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

I’m specifically talking about intentionally putting smoke directly into your lungs. Most of us, except for one or two posters agree that that is never a good thing, correct?

Do you avoid campfires?

Also - marijuana smoke isn't as bad as tobacco smoke. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1277837/

If you eat cooked steaks, you are at a higher risk of contracting certain types of cancer.  Charred meats contain chemicals (HCAs and PAHs) that are carcinogenic.  But maillard reactions in meat also make it taste really flavorful. 

At the end of the day - lots of things have a certain amount of risk and reward and it's up to you to exercise the freedom of choice to do what you want.

9 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’m about individual choice for adults as long as that choice doesn’t harm anyone else. Not sure why that is so terrifying. 

Huh?

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

2 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

Smoking any amount of any substance has no benefit and might cause residual harm to the lungs. Not sure why that’s so hard to say.

THC can be ingested via eatables. It doesn’t need to be smoked. I’m not a fan of marijuana but I’m glad it was decriminalized in states with half a brain. 

3 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Not really.  I would not want him back in Boise.  He had one decent year when being carried by a pro bowl caliber LB'er.  The next year he was complete garbage, by far our weakest link on defense.  He could not even win a starting roll on a bad G5 defense.  He is small and slow.

Congrats?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

6 hours ago, USU78 said:

Terrifying? Really? 🙄

Coming from the guy who threw down “And masks and mass innoculations and shutdowns and removing the noncompliant crank from the flight to Cabo?” 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg