Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoFacts

Trump Issues Executive Order of Names For National Garden of American Heroes

President Trump today signed an EO adding more detail to his planned National Garden of American Heroes. A location is still being studied.

Today's order lists the initial statues planned to recognize "an individual who made substantive contributions to America’s public life or otherwise had a substantive effect on America’s history.”

It is a list of 244 historical, military, scientific, business, and entertainment names. Either it will have to be a large garden or small statues.

Elvis? Whitney Houston? Alex Trebek?

“The National Garden should be composed of statues, including statues of Ansel Adams, John Adams, Samuel Adams, Muhammad Ali, Luis Walter Alvarez, Susan B. Anthony, Hannah Arendt, Louis Armstrong, Neil Armstrong, Crispus Attucks, John James Audubon, Lauren Bacall, Clara Barton, Todd Beamer, Alexander Graham Bell, Roy Benavidez, Ingrid Bergman, Irving Berlin, Humphrey Bogart, Daniel Boone, Norman Borlaug, William Bradford, Herb Brooks, Kobe Bryant, William F. Buckley, Jr., Sitting Bull, Frank Capra, Andrew Carnegie, Charles Carroll, John Carroll, George Washington Carver, Johnny Cash, Joshua Chamberlain, Whittaker Chambers, Johnny “Appleseed” Chapman, Ray Charles, Julia Child, Gordon Chung-Hoon, William Clark, Henry Clay, Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain), Roberto Clemente, Grover Cleveland, Red Cloud, William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody, Nat King Cole, Samuel Colt, Christopher Columbus, Calvin Coolidge, James Fenimore Cooper, Davy Crockett, Benjamin O. Davis, Jr., Miles Davis, Dorothy Day, Joseph H. De Castro, Emily Dickinson, Walt Disney, William “Wild Bill” Donovan, Jimmy Doolittle, Desmond Doss, Frederick Douglass, Herbert Henry Dow, Katharine Drexel, Peter Drucker, Amelia Earhart, Thomas Edison, Jonathan Edwards, Albert Einstein, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Duke Ellington, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Medgar Evers, David Farragut, the Marquis de La Fayette, Mary Fields, Henry Ford, George Fox, Aretha Franklin, Benjamin Franklin, Milton Friedman, Robert Frost, Gabby Gabreski, Bernardo de Gálvez, Lou Gehrig, Theodor Seuss Geisel, Cass Gilbert, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, John Glenn, Barry Goldwater, Samuel Gompers, Alexander Goode, Carl Gorman, Billy Graham, Ulysses S. Grant, Nellie Gray, Nathanael Greene, Woody Guthrie, Nathan Hale, William Frederick “Bull” Halsey, Jr., Alexander Hamilton, Ira Hayes, Hans Christian Heg, Ernest Hemingway, Patrick Henry, Charlton Heston, Alfred Hitchcock, Billie Holiday, Bob Hope, Johns Hopkins, Grace Hopper, Sam Houston, Whitney Houston, Julia Ward Howe, Edwin Hubble, Daniel Inouye, Andrew Jackson, Robert H. Jackson, Mary Jackson, John Jay, Thomas Jefferson, Steve Jobs, Katherine Johnson, Barbara Jordan, Chief Joseph, Elia Kazan, Helen Keller, John F. Kennedy, Francis Scott Key, Coretta Scott King, Martin Luther King, Jr., Russell Kirk, Jeane Kirkpatrick, Henry Knox, Tadeusz Kościuszko, Harper Lee, Pierre Charles L’Enfant, Meriwether Lewis, Abraham Lincoln, Vince Lombardi, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Clare Boothe Luce, Douglas MacArthur, Dolley Madison, James Madison, George Marshall, Thurgood Marshall, William Mayo, Christa McAuliffe, William McKinley, Louise McManus, Herman Melville, Thomas Merton, George P. Mitchell, Maria Mitchell, William “Billy” Mitchell, Samuel Morse, Lucretia Mott, John Muir, Audie Murphy, Edward Murrow, John Neumann, Annie Oakley, Jesse Owens, Rosa Parks, George S. Patton, Jr., Charles Willson Peale, William Penn, Oliver Hazard Perry, John J. Pershing, Edgar Allan Poe, Clark Poling, John Russell Pope, Elvis Presley, Jeannette Rankin, Ronald Reagan, Walter Reed, William Rehnquist, Paul Revere, Henry Hobson Richardson, Hyman Rickover, Sally Ride, Matthew Ridgway, Jackie Robinson, Norman Rockwell, Caesar Rodney, Eleanor Roosevelt, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, Betsy Ross, Babe Ruth, Sacagawea, Jonas Salk, John Singer Sargent, Antonin Scalia, Norman Schwarzkopf, Junípero Serra, Elizabeth Ann Seton, Robert Gould Shaw, Fulton Sheen, Alan Shepard, Frank Sinatra, Margaret Chase Smith, Bessie Smith, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Jimmy Stewart, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Gilbert Stuart, Anne Sullivan, William Howard Taft, Maria Tallchief, Maxwell Taylor, Tecumseh, Kateri Tekakwitha, Shirley Temple, Nikola Tesla, Jefferson Thomas, Henry David Thoreau, Jim Thorpe, Augustus Tolton, Alex Trebek, Harry S. Truman, Sojourner Truth, Harriet Tubman, Dorothy Vaughan, C. T. Vivian, John von Neumann, Thomas Ustick Walter, Sam Walton, Booker T. Washington, George Washington, John Washington, John Wayne, Ida B. Wells-Barnett, Phillis Wheatley, Walt Whitman, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Roger Williams, John Winthrop, Frank Lloyd Wright, Orville Wright, Wilbur Wright, Alvin C. York, Cy Young, and Lorenzo de Zavala.”

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-building-national-garden-american-heroes/

16 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

President Trump today signed an EO adding more detail to his planned National Garden of American Heroes. A location is still being studied.

Today's order lists the initial statues planned to recognize "an individual who made substantive contributions to America’s public life or otherwise had a substantive effect on America’s history.”

It is a list of 244 historical, military, scientific, business, and entertainment names. Either it will have to be a large garden or small statues.

Nah, with him it'll be Limbaugh, Hannity & Stormy Daniels.

And don't forget him.  He'll probably list himself and his grifter fam.

Hope Biden ditches the plan, then creates his own.  At least there would be deserving names on the list that way.

15 minutes ago, Whats Up Doc said:

Nah, with him it'll be Limbaugh, Hannity & Stormy Daniels.

And don't forget him.  He'll probably list himself and his grifter fam.

Hope Biden ditches the plan, then creates his own.  At least there would be deserving names on the list that way.

He does have Elvis, Whitney and Trebek in the EO's required list of statues I quoted. But no Limbaugh, Hannity, or Stormy yet. I think he at least looked for people who are deceased to list in the EO.

1 hour ago, FresnoFacts said:

Let's get real. Trump doesn't even know who 90% of those people were.

8 minutes ago, tspoke said:

I see they had to come out with a clarification that the William "Billy" Williams was the Army general and father of the Air Force, not the Donkey Kong player from "King of Kong"

:lol:

Billy-Mitchell-King-Of-Kong-Cheated-Bann

That's Billy Mitchell, and I think I heard he got caught cheating with his records.

Edit: nm, I guess he was absolved and his records were reinstated.

2 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

That's Billy Mitchell, and I think I heard he got caught cheating with his records.

Oops. It was Billy MItchell listed. Didn't realize I wrote Billy Williams(Guess the cubs fan in me took over). I edited my post. Thanks for the catch. And yeah last I heard he lost every one of his records due to finding evidence of cheating. Haha.

One of my favorite documentaries. Such a clear villain with Billy. A better one couldn't have been written up in a regular movie. and the "protagonist" is such a likeable guy. It pulls you into this crazy, stupid world of video gamee world records and makes you care about it.

Just now, tspoke said:

Oops. It was Billy MItchell listed. Didn't realize I wrote Billy Williams(Guess the cubs fan in me took over). I edited my post. Thanks for the catch. And yeah last I heard he lost every one of his records due to finding evidence of cheating. Haha.

One of my favorite documentaries. Such a clear villain with Billy. A better one couldn't have been written up in a regular movie. and the "protagonist" is such a likeable guy. It pulls you into this crazy, stupid world of video gamee world records and makes you care about it.

Ya, that was a great documentary! Really liked those retro arcade environments.

Ingrid Bergman? Lorenzo de Zavala? Junipero Serra? Christopher Columbus!?!?

Playing pretty fast and loose with "american" here

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, tspoke said:

I see they had to come out with a clarification that the William "Billy" Mitchell was the Army general and father of the Air Force, not the Donkey Kong player from "King of Kong"

Some are wondering if the Christopher Columbus on the list is the 1492 Columbus or the director of "Home Alone 2" (which had a Trump cameo appearance).