Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoState99755

¿Is this the end of all the “BIG-3” tlk?

28 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

At what point was San Jose part of the "Big Three"? 

You’re just going to get a bunch of caveman gibberish from him in response. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

A whole different kind of season.  Normally by now we'd be pretty close to everybody having played everybody at least once.  Such is not the case.  I don't see a "Big 3".  Things could change a lot by the tournament.

6 hours ago, kingpotato said:

At what point was San Jose part of the "Big Three"? 

Never said they were.

Look real close.  ¿Can you make out a Top-3/Bottom-3 pattern?

4 hours ago, Headbutt said:

A whole different kind of season.  Normally by now we'd be pretty close to everybody having played everybody at least once.  Such is not the case.  I don't see a "Big 3".  Things could change a lot by the tournament.

...& more importantly to my pt, 2/3rds of this mythical “Top-3” reside in the basement, while the other 1/3 is “Top-3” adjacent.

1 minute ago, GoState99755 said:

...& more importantly to my pt, 2/3rds of this mythical “Top-3” reside in the basement, while the other 1/3 is “Top-3” adjacent.

Sorry.  Can you do that in english? :shrug:   You really lost me there.

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

¿Your bustin’ my balls over a missing “s?”

7CBF33EB-1BA2-486B-995E-0632A787FDC2.jpeg

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

¿Your bustin’ my balls over a missing “s?”

7CBF33EB-1BA2-486B-995E-0632A787FDC2.jpeg

Wut??  I'm wondering what the hell you're talking about.  2/3 of the "top 3" are in the basement??  1/3 of the top 3 is "adjacent" to the top 3.

Is this some sort of code or prophecy or something.  Spell it out please.  Without the cryptic angle.

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

Wut??  I'm wondering what the hell you're talking about.  2/3 of the "top 3" are in the basement??  1/3 of the top 3 is "adjacent" to the top 3.

Is this some sort of code or prophecy or something.  Spell it out please.  Without the cryptic angle.

I think what he's trying to say is that of the 'big 3', 2 of us are in the basement of the current standings, and SDSU is just outside of the top 3. It seems to make him feel better. What he doesn't realize is what Rothstein and the guys were talking about before the game, and Avery during...WHEN the MW is turning heads, these 3 teams are doing well and getting attention for the conference. That's what they're talking about. Example is, look at how well Boise is playing so far this year, and the talent they have on their team. They're what, 12-1? And they're still not ranked. If the rebs had that record, we would be, as would the Aztecs and Lobos. That's what being part of the big 3 is, we've had more consistent success in the past than Boise, and it makes it easier for us to get the attention when we do well. It's called branding, and I'm pretty sure Boise understands that, based on their football success. GoState, maybe not so much. It's all good.

2 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

I think what he's trying to say is that of the 'big 3', 2 of us are in the basement of the current standings, and SDSU is just outside of the top 3. It seems to make him feel better. What he doesn't realize is what Rothstein and the guys were talking about before the game, and Avery during...WHEN the MW is turning heads, these 3 teams are doing well and getting attention for the conference. That's what they're talking about. Example is, look at how well Boise is playing so far this year, and the talent they have on their team. They're what, 12-1? And they're still not ranked. If the rebs had that record, we would be, as would the Aztecs and Lobos. That's what being part of the big 3 is, we've had more consistent success in the past than Boise, and it makes it easier for us to get the attention when we do well. It's called branding, and I'm pretty sure Boise understands that, based on their football success. GoState, maybe not so much. It's all good.

I seriously don’t know how you got all of that out of this:

tenor.gif

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

14 hours ago, toonkee said:

Yes, mid season records in the covid year will restructure the historical nationwide perceptions of the conference.

I see what you did there with the sarcasm and agree. The national perception that UNLV has been garbage in basketball since the mid-90's will remain despite the weirdness of this COVID-19 season.

12 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

...& more importantly to my pt, 2/3rds of this mythical “Top-3” (New Méx & NV Southernreside in the basement, while the other 1/3rd (CSU-Diego) is “Top-3” adjacent.

@Headbutt - ¿Is this English enough?  haha

12 hours ago, Headbutt said:

7 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

I think what he's trying to say is that of the 'big 3', 2 of us are in the basement of the current standings, and SDSU is just outside of the top 3. <---I Spot On

It seems to make him feel better. <---I ¿Does this have to do w/my feeling or the reality in our conf?

What he doesn't realize is what Rothstein and the guys were talking about before the game, and Avery during...WHEN the MW is turning heads, these 3 teams are doing well and getting attention for the conference. That's what they're talking about. Example is, look at how well Boise is playing so far this year, and the talent they have on their team. They're what, 12-1? And they're still not ranked. If the rebs had that record, we would be, as would the Aztecs and Lobos. That's what being part of the big 3 is, we've had more consistent success in the past than Boise, and it makes it easier for us to get the attention when we do well. It's called branding, and I'm pretty sure Boise understands that, based on their football success. GoState, maybe not so much. It's all good.  <---I  Of course I understand that branding is valuable.  However, at some pt your past branding becomes worthless.  I'm simply posing the question at what pt is the "BIG-3" a footnote in our conf's history...

9 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

A bunch of people that still don't know why Big 3 is important for the league...

And still wonder why when Big 3 is bad this is a one bid league...

¿"Is," or was?