Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Headbutt

Poor SJSU. This is really the new home?

4 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Are they playing at that fitness center in Phoenix again tonight?

Yes.  I'm waiting for some lady to come in and start throwing a fit because she had scheduled the gym for a yoga class at 9.  This is embarrassing.

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Not the Governor. I believe it’s a county thing. Fresno is still playing in their arena. 

Yea it’s Santa Clara County imposing the restrictions in this case. Santa Clara and Stanford, for example, are playing in Santa Cruz at the SC Warriors arena. Why SJSU decided they had to go to another state? I have no idea. I mean the CCAA cancelled their season; why not just go an hour south and play at Cal State Monterey Bay? 

16 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Yea it’s Santa Clara County imposing the restrictions in this case. Santa Clara and Stanford, for example, are playing in Santa Cruz at the SC Warriors arena. Why SJSU decided they had to go to another state? I have no idea. I mean the CCAA cancelled their season; why not just go an hour south and play at Cal State Monterey Bay? 

I think it was precautionary. In case a of repeat like football; home--> Humboldt--> back home--> Vegas.

Is it true what i heard about the SJSU Ladies basketball program? UNM site says that the 2 game series next week with lady sparta, is cancelled  due to them opting out for the rest of the season...? 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

9 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Is it true what i heard about the SJSU Ladies basketball program? UNM site says that the 2 game series next week with lady sparta, is cancelled  due to them opting out for the rest of the season...? 

Yes the Sparty women opted out. They were supposed to play in Fort Collins this weekend. I feel for them having to live away from home. Its not right. For UNM and SJSU Men to continue their seasons takes a lot of courage.

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Yes the Sparty women opted out. They were supposed to play in Fort Collins this weekend. I feel for them having to live away from home. Its not right. For UNM and SJSU Men to continue their seasons takes a lot of courage.

Yes, we're in the same boat. Our men's series with SJSU is scheduled for St. George next weekend, then who knows where we'll be after that!  I don't  know what UNM has paid so far for moving to Texas, and now Utah, but I almost wish they would just save that money and use it to buy out Weir's contract. UNM is relying heavily on the new TV contract monies, so there's no way they cancel the rest of the season, but still... it's in the back of a lot of fans minds here in NM. But no way the Gov relaxes her restrictions now, not when she just said what we're doing is working and she "sees a light at the end of the tunnel'... we just had two counties go from red, to yellow and green... the 2 least populated counties in northeast NM... yay!

EDIT: Maybe this is the 'light at teh end of the tunnel' she was talking about...

“It’s safer to play at home. As a team that played every match on the road last season, we know how much extra goes into protecting these athletes when we can’t be safely in New Mexico,” Trevisani said in a statement. “We believe that, with the stringent protocols they have in place, the Lobos and Aggies should have a pathway toward practicing and playing in a COVID-safe environment in our state, and we greatly appreciate the governor’s efforts to keep New Mexicans safe. We look forward to cheering on New Mexican athletes in 2021.”

https://www.abqjournal.com/1536508/new-reopening-rules-allow-pro-sports-practices-ex-but-practices-and-games-for-college-athletics-prohibited.html

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."